My friend is older and in need of help

OP
L

liber1

Oh, I meant the prescription niacin as a statin alternative if his doctor starts to cause trouble. They actually use this sometimes when people don’t tolerate statins - because it happens a lot!

But for now, a good b-complex like LifeBlud Energi+ and some extra thiamin could be great. Magnesium glycinate or glycinate/taurate could be super helpful too. Not sure if anyone has recommended that.

I’ll post the “foundations protocol” I wrote up for my dad in a bit. I tried to keep it easy and effective (avoiding barriers to entry like you said). They have different issues but some overlap and they’re the same age.
I think a B complex is a great idea. I’ll check out lifeblud. I’ll check into magnesium for him. I know he has three to four cups of coffee per day so idk if that’s enough magnesium or not. Thank you for everything

frannybananny

Incredible information, I’ll talk with him about supplementing with these. I see from the first link that statins effect the ability to even form CoQ10 and I’m fairly certain from what I know he probably isn’t getting sufficient thiamine.

Thank you very much
I wonder why I have been blocked by ncbi.nlm. etc. from accessing these links. I had to email them asking to be unblocked because of a subnet....any ideas why, anyone else get this message?

frannybananny

You’re so kind to help him. My dad had similar leg issues on statins so they put him on prescription niacin. He did great on that. Then his cholesterol started going back up (I’m sure it being either a non-issue or thyroid related) and they put him on low-dose statins🙄. So maybe if the issue comes up again you can have the niacin in your back pocket. Your friend is fortunate to have you!
What is prescription niacin? A high dosage?

OP
L

liber1

I wonder why I have been blocked by ncbi.nlm. etc. from accessing these links. I had to email them asking to be unblocked because of a subnet....any ideas why, anyone else get this message?
I didn’t have any issues with that so I’m not sure.

Peachy

I think a B complex is a great idea. I’ll check out lifeblud. I’ll check into magnesium for him. I know he has three to four cups of coffee per day so idk if that’s enough magnesium or not. Thank you for everything
Ok I wanted to follow up with how I got a plan together when I had to start helping my dad with his health.

It’s overwhelming sometimes with all the different ideas and supplements. I decided I needed to keep things as simple and practical as possible.

1. For supplements he does the LifeBlud b-complex and mag+ (2 each daily), a little vitamin d and some enzymes to help with digestion.

2. I make him a batch of chicken thigh/liver patties once every month or two and freeze them so he can keep his vitamin a and copper up. They’re like little burgers.

3. I’ll also sometimes bring him broth, soup or fruit-juice gelatin and encourage him to put collagen powder in drinks. Older people need that gut boost.

4. He eats canned oysters occasionally for zinc.

5. I keep encouraging him to eat regularly for blood sugar balance and hydration. He was mixing aloe juice and fruit juice together for a while. Aloe’s good for the gut and has much-needed potassium.

6. He tries not to be sedentary and to get fresh air every day.

I picked these things for his situation and dropped everything else. This keeps it doable and let’s me support him for the long haul without burning out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals