My Fellow Peaters! What Do You Do For Dysbiosis

GorillaHead

i am looking for supplements besides diet that help destroy bad bacteria in the gut. Gram negative bacteria specifically.

My understanding is peaty diets actually fuel all bacteria.

So I heard riboflavin helps promote good bacteria. Carrots as well.

My goal is to reduce histamine. Histamine is the cause of my IbD problems. I solve it with mega dosing niacin every few months almost immediately solves my issues. But recently I drank alcohol and it triggered problems.

What else folks?

tygertgr

Book a trip to a rural B&B and do nothing for three days but drink Coke and say hello to the cows.

Kartoffel

i am looking for supplements besides diet that help destroy bad bacteria in the gut. Gram negative bacteria specifically.

My understanding is peaty diets actually fuel all bacteria.

So I heard riboflavin helps promote good bacteria. Carrots as well.

My goal is to reduce histamine. Histamine is the cause of my IbD problems. I solve it with mega dosing niacin every few months almost immediately solves my issues. But recently I drank alcohol and it triggered problems.

What else folks?

- Eat only when you're hungry
-Avoid all fermentable fibers and too much starch
- Get some good unfermentable fiber like bamboo shoots
- Avoid free monosaccharides, especially fructose
- Avoid excess protein and don't eat too much in one meal
- Try to eat balanced meals with moderate amounts of saturated fat
- Avoid cheese. Can't exactely say why but it seems to be bad for people with messed up digestion. Moderate amounts of good milk, however, are tolerated well over time by
most people
- Cyproheptadine reduces both histamine and serotonin and has been shown to be very effective against IBD.

I would encourage fasting only in the sense that you do not force yourself to eat and wait until you're hungry for food. When you eat when you're not hungry, you will mostly feed bacteria, as your body isn't able to control them right now and isn't prepared to provide the neccessary enzymes and proteins to properly digest your food.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

- Avoid cheese. Can't exactely say why but it seems to be bad for people with messed up digestion. Moderate amounts of good milk, however, are tolerated well over time by
most people
- Cyproheptadine reduces both histamine and serotonin and has been shown to be very effective against IBD.

I would encourage fasting only in the sense that you do not force yourself to eat and wait until you're hungry for food. When you eat when you're not hungry, you will mostly feed bacteria, as your body isn't able to control them right now and isn't prepared to provide the neccessary enzymes and proteins to properly digest your food.
This is great stuff but a problem for me cause I want to gain muscle. I am 5,10 148 pounds.

Kartoffel

This is great stuff but a problem for me cause I want to gain muscle. I am 5,10 148 pounds.

Weight loss and muscle loss is common in all diseases of the digestive tract because nutrients aren't properly absorbed and appetite is decreased. I think eating according to hunger, and restoring bacterial balance will be much more effective in the long-term than forcing yourself to eat a fixed number of calories or protein in the short-term. Cypropheptadine is a pretty good appetite stimulant.

SamYo123

most people

"Avoid all fermentable fibers and too much starch"

And what if fermentable fibers feed the good bacteria, that overpopulate the bad bacteria?