My fasting blood sugar went up, please help (lab results)

donkeyjr

So ive been following peats way of eating for about a month and my fasting blood sugar has gone up. My fasting blood sugar has always been below 95. I find it strange because I checked my blood sugar all the time after a meal and it would never go pass 140 and after 2 hrs it goes down to 80-90. What can cause my blood sugar to rise in the morning? Here's my lab results

2mibgi.jpg

23w1fg2.jpg

ps. Recently started taking aspirin, my temperature in the morning has never gone passed the 97.5 mark, pulse is somewhere around 76-80

tara

Welcome donkeyjr :)
I don't think I can answer your question, but I'll put in a couple of ideas - others may ideas. More likely if you add bit more information about you're eating, what you were doing before you made the change, and what symptoms you are dealing with.

It is common for cortisol to be relatively high in the morning before breakfast. Cortisol's job is to raise blood sugar (by catabolising the body's protein). Normally cortisol can be lowered by eating sugar.
Aslo, high fats either from food or liberated from body stores when hungry, can interfere with efficient sugar burning.

OP
D

donkeyjr

Before I started doing peats my food intake consist of chicken breast, beef steak, brown rice, sweet potatos, coconut oil, 4-6 eggs a day and salmons, thats it. . I avoided sugar at all cause. Now, I drink 2 quart of milk and 2 quart of orange juice everyday. I eat 1-2 pasture eggs daily with orange juice, pretty much following peats diet to a T. I eat a lot of shellfish, shrimps twice a week, oyster once a week, squid once a week and liver once a week. I eat carrots salad in the morning and sometime at night time. My sugar intake is probably around 250+ according to cronometer.

I have a terrible time sleeping, always waking up in the middle of the night, been like this for 2 years now, always feel like crap in the morning. I have a very hard time going back to bed upon waking up. My temperature in the morning is around 97.3, pulse rate is around 80. I feel the best in the evening, that's also when my temperature is 98.6 and my pulse rate is 94.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I would be more worried about your iron levels. They are way too high. Maybe too many eggs, chicken, beef steak. I would not have the OJ with the eggs, liver or other iron containing foods. Are you having the coffee with the eggs and other iron containing foods? I would also look at donating some blood to get those iron levels down. I would increase fruits and fructose containing vegetables, milk and cheese. I would be interested to know what your iodine levels are too? I don't think your are following Peat to a T. Where's the gelatin? How much glycine are you getting? Gelatin will protect your liver. Do your drink beer or have you been tested for hemochromatosis? http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health- ... hemo/signs
Make sure you check your tranferritin and ferritin levels.

Spondive

I see 2 things that you might consider correcting..
1. Iron is too high...consider donating blood to lower it
2. Cholesterol is high and TSH is high..I would take some thyroid preferably something with t4 and t3 to lower those.

Otherwise I think your blood tests look good

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals