My Experience With CO2 - My Routine, Knowledge, And Questions

Scenes

Has anybody been able to replicate those results ?
Mixed bag for me. Was seeming to make erections stronger for a few days but now the opposite effect. Overall I’d say minimal results. Hasn’t made me warmer which is strange.

Has made me have or at least remember more dreams at night. I’ve heard Ray say that is a sign of improved metabolism.

Mauritio

Ok thanks for your replies guys.

Coderr

I have been using it for 3 days. The quality of my sleep has improved. Less sleep is enough. I sleep for 4-5 hours. I do not have insomnia during the day. Anyone experiencing the same effects?

BearWithMe

I have been using it for 3 days. The quality of my sleep has improved. Less sleep is enough. I sleep for 4-5 hours. I do not have insomnia during the day. Anyone experiencing the same effects?
This is very typical "side effect" of advanced Buteyko breathing, it means the breathing device work I guess

David PS

Has anybody been able to replicate those results ?

Yes, I fine tuned my process a little based on the idea that CO2 is heavier than air and will sink to the bottom of the container if undisturbed. Is Carbon Dioxide Heavier Than Air? - Maine News Online

So my gallon container has a hole in the bottom corner (not in the center of the bottom surface). When I breathe into it, I keep the corner of the container with the hole pointing upwards towards the ceiling. The thought here is that after a few minutes the CO2 may settle toward the mouth of the container and I am more likely to get a good dose of CO2 with each breath.

Mauritio

Yes, I fine tuned my process a little based on the idea that CO2 is heavier than air and will sink to the bottom of the container if undisturbed. Is Carbon Dioxide Heavier Than Air? - Maine News Online

So my gallon container has a hole in the bottom corner (not in the center of the bottom surface). When I breathe into it, I keep the corner of the container with the hole pointing upwards towards the ceiling. The thought here is that after a few minutes the CO2 may settle toward the mouth of the container and I am more likely to get a good dose of CO2 with each breath.
Interesting ,thanks.

Parrot

Hi Fever

I notice you said that '...Finally, right before I began the CO2 routine, I got 138 as my top number for BP.'

Have you had your blood pressure checked since you started bottle breathing and, if so, what are your new reading(s). And are there any further updates you can provide - thanks.

OP
fever257

fever257

Hi Fever

I notice you said that '...Finally, right before I began the CO2 routine, I got 138 as my top number for BP.'

Have you had your blood pressure checked since you started bottle breathing and, if so, what are your new reading(s). And are there any further updates you can provide - thanks.

Hi parrot,

I have had it checked a few times, my blood pressure seems to hover around the same numbers.

I do, actually, have an update on the CO2 tank. I now lay down on my back with the tank on my mouth(in the same position as if it were perfectly upside-down). I also pinch my nose while breathing, and I usually do 1, 20-minute session per day.

It is part of my routine and I'm positive that things would start to slip if I did not complete it.

@David PS Perfectly worded, thanks for explaining what I was struggling to.

@Coderr I experienced this benefit as well.

@Scenes consider that your carbon dioxide balance is already optimized.

^^I think that goes for anyone pursuing this endeavor - if you don't experience the benefits from haidut's method, I believe there are two possible explanations. Either your CO2 levels are already adequate, or you're doing it incorrectly (escape of air, etc.).

MeatOrchid

Do not recommend to do this.

I am covering my whole head with a plastic bag I ball it up in front of my neck keeping it tight on the nape and breath until I get between 80 - 85 O2 with a digit oxymeter. I build a new atmosphere in there, keeping the bag pressure high enough so that it keeps at least 20 cm from the front of my face. Reaching that saturation takes me 2 minutes. I am doing this after every meal. But probably will get it in a schedule to work on it every hour.

Inmediatos effects: Sharp vision and it takes me 10 seconds to get back to 90% O2.
Long term effects: Unknown.

BearWithMe

Do not recommend to do this.

I am covering my whole head with a plastic bag I ball it up in front of my neck keeping it tight on the nape and breath until I get between 80 - 85 O2 with a digit oxymeter. I build a new atmosphere in there, keeping the bag pressure high enough so that it keeps at least 20 cm from the front of my face. Reaching that saturation takes me 2 minutes. I am doing this after every meal. But probably will get it in a schedule to work on it every hour.

Inmediatos effects: Sharp vision and it takes me 10 seconds to get back to 90% O2.
Long term effects: Unknown.
Sounds like exit bag.

When doing CO2 therapy, you are not supposed to breathe so little oxygen it causes hypoxia.

MeatOrchid

Sounds like exit bag.

When doing CO2 therapy, you are not supposed to breathe so little oxygen it causes hypoxia.

Yeah probably not good long run.

Do you think a bed canopy made of plastic with open at the top but with 200cm walls would be carbon dioxide therapy? Thouth about it when I saw William Moriss's tiny bed with a bed canopy.

id_109rt_copy_0.jpg

Because, supposedly, the exhaled breath releases heavy co2 it should gradually accumulate down close to your body but yet diffuse enough through the open top not to be risky. And you would use your own co2 not purchasing anything else than plastic roll to come up with a canopy like open bell, using your sleep hours in night time rather than your active day life.

Why else, besides keeping out mosquitoes, would people use bed canopies? Maybe the warmth came from increased co2 in their system whatever low level would accumulate above normal.

Wild guess of mine.

VHAD-013_PRM_1__69595.1508304522.jpg

Something like this with plastic walls tucked between the matress and speingbox or of waxed cloth and velcrum on the corner to get in and out. But the top open for oxygen inflow increasing co2 in the bottom.

If @haidut 's gallon bottle does concentrate some co2 in the bottom, 200 cm walls should also concentrate some.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

TheSir

@MeatOrchid in Buteyko circles doing breathing exercises after a meal is warned against. Increasing CO2 levels when the body is trying to digest food is hard on the organs.

MeatOrchid

@fever257

Interested by magining a way that wouldn't encourage mouth breathing, came up with policarbonato like chef hat that rises almost 150 cm high and has a garbage bag that is tape sealed and tucked under the t-shirt.

That way you can read a book or listen to music calmly without breathing through your mouth.

The top is completely open. And if a breeze blows you feel the freshness in. With great ease.

@ 20 min my %SpO2 is 93. And my head is wet. The steam of my breath barely lowers visibility.

Why is this so steamy? I can't imagine opposing this much water breathing normally in dry air.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_152301025.jpg
    IMG_20201015_152301025.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 123
OP
fever257

fever257

@fever257

Interested by magining a way that wouldn't encourage mouth breathing, came up with policarbonato like chef hat that rises almost 150 cm high and has a garbage bag that is tape sealed and tucked under the t-shirt.

That way you can read a book or listen to music calmly without breathing through your mouth.

The top is completely open. And if a breeze blows you feel the freshness in. With great ease.

@ 20 min my %SpO2 is 93. And my head is wet. The steam of my breath barely lowers visibility.

Why is this so steamy? I can't imagine opposing this much water breathing normally in dry air.

Thoughts?

HAHA what is that thing? wow you’re really getting into this. let me know how that apparatus works for you.

I will say that 93% spO2 is getting into the hypoxia range so proceed with caution.

TheSir

@MeatOrchid Love the experimental spirit. :rolling:rolling

93% oxygen saturation should still be relatively safe. I recall reading that athletes aim to lower their SpO2 by around 7% percentage points. Then once your CO2 conditioning increases, your saturation may normalize to low 90s even during normal breathing.

MeatOrchid

"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom" WB & M. Cretu

Jaja

Enjoying every step.

It is a soft plastic tube and I seal-taped a garbage bag that I lay over my skin tucked under my t-shirt. It was 50 mxn device.

Will let you know if my skull goes boscop.

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_161445299.jpg
    IMG_20201015_161445299.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
fever257

fever257

@TheSir @MeatOrchid
Both of you seem to be more knowledgeable on this subject than I. Is there any metric (maybe SpO2, CO2 via oximeter and capnometer, respectively) that can indicate how your CO2 levels are? Like some sort of goal to strive towards? i love the way increasing CO2 makes me feel and i’m very consistent but i’m wondering if i could optimize even further.

TheSir

@TheSir @MeatOrchid
Both of you seem to be more knowledgeable on this subject than I. Is there any metric (maybe SpO2, CO2 via oximeter and capnometer, respectively) that can indicate how your CO2 levels are? Like some sort of goal to strive towards? i love the way increasing CO2 makes me feel and i’m very consistent but i’m wondering if i could optimize even further.
Sadly there are no convenient ways to directly measure CO2 levels. However, Dr. Buteyko invented the control pause, which is an indirect way of measuring body oxygenation. The better your CO2 levels, the larger your control pause, which makes the measurement a useful method of tracking progress.

In summary, you pinch your nose after a regular exhalation and pause your breathing, then count the time until you experience first signs of distress and resume breathing. To do it properly, you should be able to resume breathing normally after taking the measurement. If you have to take a larger inhalation than usual, you went too far. However, more important than this is to always stop at the same cue when taking the measurement (you will experience various different cues depending on how long you delay the inhale). You will also notice that your control pause measurement varies a lot throughout the day. It's fewer after a meal or after exercise, for example. As such, best consistency will be achieved by measuring on empty stomach and resting for a few minutes before taking the measurement.

Buteyko deemed a 60 second control pause to be the mark of optimal health. Most people measure 10-20 seconds. If you can get from 10s to 60s, you can expect your sleep requirement to nearly halve, nutritional needs decrease due to increased metabolic efficiency, boundless energy and vigor and strong resistance to all kinds of sickness and illness. I haven't been able to push past 25-30 yet, probably due to gut dysbiosis or cavities, but just getting to 25s from 7s resulted in a stabler state of mind and more energy.