My Experience With Clonidine So Far

Velve921

I may have spoke too soon lol as I'm lying in bed now. Probably going to stick with it for a few days, perhaps keeping adrenaline low for a few days will lower whatever the main trigger for my anxiety is. I think I'm urinating less.

haha what all of a sudden made you think differently about it?

Excessive urination is the main area I’m trying to improve and my main reason for trying it.

SuperStressed

haha what all of a sudden made you think differently about it?

Excessive urination is the main area I’m trying to improve and my main reason for trying it.
All of a sudden I felt like I had to lay down ASAP. It hasnt touched my anxiety but has probably knocked down adrenaline.

Velve921

All of a sudden I felt like I had to lay down ASAP. It hasnt touched my anxiety but has probably knocked down adrenaline.

Interesting. How long after dosage did you feel this way? You feel chill? Calm? Heart rate change?

curious more about your symptoms.

SuperStressed

Interesting. How long after dosage did you feel this way? You feel chill? Calm? Heart rate change?

curious more about your symptoms.
2-3 hours after taking it with a meal. Didn't feel calm just tired, brain is still racing right now. Everythings confusing when you have anxiety.

Velve921

So I went through my first couple days with Clonidine... very low dose.
15 mcg the first day.
40 mcg the 2nd.
100 mcg the 3rd.

... I must say, kind of the weirdest feeling I’ve felt before.

It didn’t make me tired... made my mind feel like mush. Very hard to describe.

It also decreased my appetite like crazy.

Velve921

I haven’t experimented again since my last post. I’ll let everyone know when I do again.

Velve921

Thank you, I was thinking of trying clonidine or guanfacine

I started experimenting again at 25mcg upon waking each day. I really like it because it helps me eliminate unwanted thoughts and focus on the task at hand.

At this point it’s the strongest stress reducer I’ve ever tried. I could see myself being consistent in this capacity for a while. At some point I may try before bed in combination with something else for good sleep. However, on its own it doesn’t help me sleep better.

Velve921

Has anyone ever experimented with Clonidine, Aspirin, B3, and vitamin E at the same time?

If so how did they respond?

10 years ago I developed an excessive urination issue that has improved immensely. But it about due to an intense amount of adrenaline secretion during my CrossFit/Paleo/Warrior Diet days.

Since using Clonidine, my urination continues to go down and my levels of stress are plummeting fast. So it tells me that adrenaline has played a major role. Which makes me wonder if I need to explore combinations of Clonidine, Aspirin, B3, and vitamin E?

I have not tried this. Just curious of people’s thoughts.

Thanks!

Velve921

I’ll ask my doctor about trying it

A good note for yourself, someone else said that more than 50mcg per day can be problematic if stopped abruptly... This is why I am sticking below this standard and focusing on consistency over long periods of time. Probably good info to have in mind when having discussions with your doctor.

Velve921

Has anyone combined clonidine and cyproheptadine or an anti-histamine before bed time?

dukesbobby777

Has anyone combined clonidine and cyproheptadine or an anti-histamine before bed time?

I’ve taken both at the same time and I didn’t notice anything bad other than a very dry mouth. But my dosages were 100mcg of clonidine and 2/4mg of cyproheptadine.

Velve921

I’ve taken both at the same time and I didn’t notice anything bad other than a very dry mouth. But my dosages were 100mcg of clonidine and 2/4mg of cyproheptadine.

Thanks for your feedback. I’m only doing 25 mcg of clonidine per day in the morning and then 1 mg of Cyproheptadine before bed at night. So it looks like I’ll start experimenting.

ReSTART

A good note for yourself, someone else said that more than 50mcg per day can be problematic if stopped abruptly... This is why I am sticking below this standard and focusing on consistency over long periods of time. Probably good info to have in mind when having discussions with your doctor.
What do you think about clonidine versus guanfacine and their respective mechanisms of action? Clonidine seems to do... a lot of stuff while guanfacine is more selective but also a serotonin 5-HT2B agonist.

Velve921

What do you think about clonidine versus guanfacine and their respective mechanisms of action? Clonidine seems to do... a lot of stuff while guanfacine is more selective but also a serotonin 5-HT2B agonist.

I’ve never read about guanfacine so I couldn’t tell you. Maybe Hans or Haidut would be good people to ask. Sorry I could not be more helpful my friend.

Velve921

Just some updates for everyone:
I’ve been doing 25 mcg everyday first thing in the morning.

So far it is by far the strongest supplement I’ve ever taken for eliminating unwanted thoughts. Very impressive.
It’s also significantly decreased an excessive urination issue that I’ve been battling for 10 years.

With all that said, I can see how it’s not for everybody. If you’ve been running on adrenaline and other stress hormones for an extended period of time, it can give you some surprising feedback at first. The day I tried it I kind of felt like my brain was mush. But eventually, I realized that the adrenaline and serotonin had mind going all over the place for so long that I can see why it felt weird at first. Some people might say I makes you feel tired, lethargic, sleepy, a bit lifeless... therefore, low dosing are first could be a strong route for many people.

my goal is to use this tool to give my metabolism some time and space to work on glucose oxidation. Which leads to another point, all the supplements I would need for thyroid support I need at much much lower doses now. This could be a sign just how stressed my body was previously.

hope this information is helpful to people.

SQu

Every night. One 25mcg clonidine and one 4mg cyproheptadine. I find it a good sleep aid, for an insomniac. I have been doing this for years. If it's a bad idea, I haven't noticed.

Velve921

Every night. One 25mcg clonidine and one 4mg cyproheptadine. I find it a good sleep aid, for an insomniac. I have been doing this for years. If it's a bad idea, I haven't noticed.

Thank you for sharing!

Do you mind going into further details of your story and why you decided to go this route?
What foods do you combine with this combo?
Did you start with one over the other?