My Experience With Clonidine So Far

answersfound

So I was taking Cyproheptadine for a while it truly was a wonder drug. It quickly restored my libido and durastically improved my mood. My view of myself and the world changed, similar to the feelings described when people take LSD. It also improved digestion. But I found my temps still didn't improve, and if anything, they came down because of the reduction of stress hormones. So I knew the cypro was not addressing something. Adrenaline. I noticed in situations that typically would provoke anxiety still did, but I was still able to stay present and maintain awareness of my mind. (Low serotonin). But why was my anxiety still through the roof? Hands and feet would go ice cold and my voice trembled. I knew there was no reason to be anxious but my body just reacted violently with this adrenaline. It seemed like some sort of dysfunction because the anxiety response wasn't connected to my thoughts. It was just my body's way of maintaining metabolism and it seemed to be stuck in this gear, if that makes sense. So I was able to get some clonidine and it seems to supress the stress hormones that Cyproheptadine was not touching. So far, this combo is GOLD. I feel like healing is actually possible in this state, now that adrenaline is supressed. Obviously, the concern is what will happen when the clonidine is removed but I'm hoping normal metabolism restores. I plan on tapering off clonidine when temps are in the 98's. So I think for those who test "normal" for thyroid levels, or can't supress adrenaline with thyroid or other supps, you can try clonidine if you have a powerful adrenaline response and you are stuck running on adrenaline no matter what you try. It's still early but I will follow up soon and hope to see continued positive results.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]answersfound[/ref], thats awesome! Glad you are finding relief. :D

:hattip

OP
A

answersfound

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

answersfound

Actually, after some thought, I'm going to focus less on "getting temps up" and more on being able to tolerate caffeine. If I can addict myself to coffee, I think that will solve a lot of my problems, because I will stop running on adrenaline. Once I feel I am addicted to coffee, I will slowly remove the clonidine, and try to substitute it with niacinamide and pregnenolone.

OP
A

answersfound

3 doses 100 mcg each throughout the day

OP
A

answersfound

So this medication is very sedating. You feel like doing absolutely nothing. You even feel a bit depressed. It's even more sedating than cyproheptadine. I guess because I was running on adrenaline all the time. I am taking about 1.5-2 grains of thyroid per day and will take this until I see some improvement in temperature. I was not really able to raise temps above 97 before Clonidine, and now its around 97.5 while pulse remains pretty low. If you have cold hands and feet and your response to thyroid is not pleasant, this is something you may want to try. Thanks to Clonidine, this is the closest I've felt to normal in a long time. Still some work to do, but a big step in the right direction.

I think if someone is struggling with healing, and they've ruled out infections, cyproheptadine and clonidine, in addition to thyroid can be helpful in accelerating recovery. I wish I tried clonidine a long time ago.

ravster02

Sounds hopeful.

My experience with cypro has been positive so far but I do feel like I have an adrenaline issue too.

Are you taking clonidine on its own? And do you take it before bed?

OP
A

answersfound

ravster02 said:
post 104666 Sounds hopeful.

My experience with cypro has been positive so far but I do feel like I have an adrenaline issue too.

Are you taking clonidine on its own? And do you take it before bed?

What do you mean on its own?

I've been pretty much taking it throughout the day and then before bed. Once again, it's very draining so be prepared for that if you decide to take it.

OP
A

answersfound

OP
A

answersfound

TheHound

answersfound said:
post 104673 high doses....15-20 mg daily

interesting. I was taking 4mg spread throughout the day for a little while but never noticed anything from it. I'm trying again and this time i will work up to 12mg daily

OP
A

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 104928 Are you on clonidine and cypro together?

i've been taking cypro for 3-4 years, and after little improvement in temperature, i decided to up the dose big time. I was taking bout 2-4 mg a day, and then I went up to 12-16 mg per day. when things still weren't improving, i stopped the cypro and started clonidine. clonidine was the missing piece. this is not to say cypro is not a great med, but rather, it was not adressing the adrenaline road block. cypro restored libido, fixed depression, digestion, etc. so it certainly is magic. i wouldn't take them together. they both wipe out your dopamine levels and made me feel lifeless and gloomy. i think they should be taken before bed

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
post 104932
Joocy_J said:

i've been taking cypro for 3-4 years, and after little improvement in temperature, i decided to up the dose big time. I was taking bout 2-4 mg a day, and then I went up to 12-16 mg per day. when things still weren't improving, i stopped the cypro and started clonidine. clonidine was the missing piece. this is not to say cypro is not a great med, but rather, it was not adressing the adrenaline road block. cypro restored libido, fixed depression, digestion, etc. so it certainly is magic. i wouldn't take them together. they both wipe out your dopamine levels and made me feel lifeless and gloomy. i think they should be taken before bed

If you take them with a dopamine agonist isn't the dopamine drop blocked? What did you notice from the high doses? thanks

OP
A

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 104934
answersfound said:
post 104932
Joocy_J said:

If you take them with a dopamine agonist isn't the dopamine drop blocked? What did you notice from the high doses? thanks

i guess if you get the balance right, but that seems difficult to do.

i can't say i noticed much more from the high doses since i've been taking it for so long. i will say that the higher doses are excellent for resolving digestive issues, if you are not seeing improvement with the lower doses.

flaviom

You probably
answersfound said:
post 104393 So I was taking Cyproheptadine for a while it truly was a wonder drug. It quickly restored my libido and durastically improved my mood. My view of myself and the world changed, similar to the feelings described when people take LSD. It also improved digestion. But I found my temps still didn't improve, and if anything, they came down because of the reduction of stress hormones. So I knew the cypro was not addressing something. Adrenaline. I noticed in situations that typically would provoke anxiety still did, but I was still able to stay present and maintain awareness of my mind. (Low serotonin). But why was my anxiety still through the roof? Hands and feet would go ice cold and my voice trembled. I knew there was no reason to be anxious but my body just reacted violently with this adrenaline. It seemed like some sort of dysfunction because the anxiety response wasn't connected to my thoughts. It was just my body's way of maintaining metabolism and it seemed to be stuck in this gear, if that makes sense. So I was able to get some clonidine and it seems to supress the stress hormones that Cyproheptadine was not touching. So far, this combo is GOLD. I feel like healing is actually possible in this state, now that adrenaline is supressed. Obviously, the concern is what will happen when the clonidine is removed but I'm hoping normal metabolism restores. I plan on tapering off clonidine when temps are in the 98's. So I think for those who test "normal" for thyroid levels, or can't supress adrenaline with thyroid or other supps, you can try clonidine if you have a powerful adrenaline response and you are stuck running on adrenaline no matter what you try. It's still early but I will follow up soon and hope to see continued positive results.

You probably just need to increase your salt intake dramatically.