My experience with Benadryl

Green Dot

Yesterday I took half a 25mg tablet and I felt it pretty potently. I'm still feeling different from it, as in, I feel nostalgic, grounded, feels like I'm a child again. Now it isn't all rainbows and sunshine because I also feel "powerless" with a hole in my chest." I'm certain I developed learned helplessness from a very strict environment and I'm just noticing how much I was engulfed in it.

Makrosky

Yesterday I took half a 25mg tablet and I felt it pretty potently. I'm still feeling different from it, as in, I feel nostalgic, grounded, feels like I'm a child again. Now it isn't all rainbows and sunshine because I also feel "powerless" with a hole in my chest." I'm certain I developed learned helplessness from a very strict environment and I'm just noticing how much I was engulfed in it.
I like benadryl before sleep a lot. Discovered it by chance 2 months ago and it is a staple on my medicine kit now. Using it 2 nights in a row and resets quite well sleep and stress cycles. And without weird mental effects like cypro.

Kykeon

i took benadryl last night (diphenhydramine) and i feel really, really good today. 25 mg. I slept very good, and my mood is greatly increased. The effect is very profound and i wonder what the main mechanism is? I had some weird visual effects before i slept and got startled from falling asleep (hard to describe, i entered the almost sleeping state and then got fearful happened twice)
I think it really helped me getting to deep sleep, feeling refreshed and rested, my usual adhd symptoms are decreased and basal optimism has increased. I feel a mild, very pleasant euphoria, while the last days were always accustomed by a feeling of dread, angst, and hopelessness, and always very "directed" and "stiff" thinking. either getting energie through cortisol or adrenaline i think. Sometimes i was able to get out of this state, but it was always creeping back.

I guess i have some problems with excess cholinergic activity. Really eye opening how impactful this was.
Edit:
I just took my temperature, and it has increased slightly, i also feel warm.

Last edited:

Bluemachine

Do any of you have experience with cetirizine to compare?
When I tried that I had horrible fatigue the following couple of days and then an episode of m mushroom level derealism - put me off antihistamines a little

Kykeon

Do any of you have experience with cetirizine to compare?
When I tried that I had horrible fatigue the following couple of days and then an episode of m mushroom level derealism - put me off antihistamines a little
no experience with cetirizine but doxylamine succinate made me tired the next day.

Bluemachine

Tried diphenhydramine for the first time - half a 25mg tablet, definitely had a positive effect on mood, lowered some stress. Didn't have the intense next day fatigue I had with cetirizine. Alleviated some stomach distress I've been having recently. Feel a little flat & depressed the following evening though <- anyone else experienced this?

How often do you guys dose this stuff? Just when feeling malaise that you think it could remedy?

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

How often do you guys dose this stuff? Just when feeling malaise that you think it could remedy?
Most use it as a sleeping aid, so probably around the regular dose of <25mg. At a certain dose it becomes serotonergic though, IIRC

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals