My dad is getting cortisone for his lung inflammation.

Brandin

Hi my dad, me and also my brother got corona for 1.5 weeks ago. I was sick one day then all was fine. Took plenty of oj, aspirin, k2. Also took b vitamins, arimistane (simillar to exemestane), creatine and calcium/magnesium carbonate in the oj. Got my dad and brother on some of the stuff. Brother got well fast and dad seemed to get well. The problem is that hes health was bad before and he wouldnt really listen much on my tips. He took 1 gram daily aspirin and some k2. The problem is that he barely ate anything and when he ate he ate garbage half of the time.

He now is getting cortisone shots from the doctor, heard something about lung inflammation. Is this a good, bad or horrible idea?

I know its def not ideal to take cortisone in most cases. Looking forward to your opinions...

Ihor

On the background of adding cortisone, body must have adequate activity of anabolic hormones DHEA, thyroid, TRT to oppose catabolic properties of cortisone. Probably you could to add some DHEA or NDT. Also as you mentioned you must eat enough calories, protein and more calcium which excretion is induced by cortisol, what also oppose cortisone catabolic affects. What dosages did you add and how long? In the short term, as long as the body really needs additional but not unnecessary high amounts of cortisone and as long as it is balanced with anabolic things, it will not be so harmful.

Last edited:
OP
Brandin

Brandin

On the background of adding cortisone, body must have adequate activity of anabolic hormones DHEA, thyroid, TRT to oppose catabolic properties of cortisone. Probably you could to add some DHEA or NDT. Also as you mentioned you must eat enough calories, protein and more calcium which excretion is induced by cortisol, what also oppose cortisone catabolic affects. What dosages did you add and how long? In the short term, as long as the body really needs additional but not unnecessary high amounts of cortisone and as long as it is balanced with anabolic things, it will not be so harmful.
ok thx for the reply. I live in Sweden so hormones are hard to get. He is at the doctor wich sucks cause I cant look at what he eat, give him aspirin, k2, b vitamins and such things.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
ok thx for the reply. I live in Sweden so hormones are hard to get. He is at the doctor wich sucks cause I cant look at what he eat, give him aspirin, k2, b vitamins and such things.
When I had it I took the supplements you mention plus extra magnesium, vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D and Thiamine. About a week after my symptoms started I chose to take oral prednisone for 5 days in an attempt to avoid hospitalization. I started a higher dose of progesterone during that time and have continued it now for a couple weeks. Best wishes for your Dad.

Mito

About a week after my symptoms started I chose to take oral prednisone for 5 days in an attempt to avoid hospitalization. I started a higher dose of progesterone during that time and have continued it now for a couple weeks. Best wishes for your Dad.
Was your thought that just progesterone by itself would not be anti-inflammatory enough?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Was your thought that just progesterone by itself would not be anti-inflammatory enough?
I suppose it would depend on the person. I smoked cigarettes off and on for decades so my lungs (which were fine before working long hours in dirty masks) have not been optimal this past year. I strongly suspected I would be in a far worse situation if I ended up in the hospital. If I were younger and had no smoking history I definitely would have tried progesterone only first.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals