My Cypro Experience

Mauritio

Gratulations ! You can keep in the back of your mind that cypro might be hard on the liver... Thats what i experienced and is also acknowledged in the literature as far as i remember. I am trying to get off of it ATM and trying to mitigate the serotonin rebound through bcaa supplementation .

brix

Gratulations ! You can keep in the back of your mind that cypro might be hard on the liver... Thats what i experienced and is also acknowledged in the literature as far as i remember. I am trying to get off of it ATM and trying to mitigate the serotonin rebound through bcaa supplementation .

I have never felt a serotonin rebound upon stopping cypro. What do you feel?

I experience continued improved digestion after cessation.

Mauritio

I have never felt a serotonin rebound upon stopping cypro. What do you feel?

I experience continued improved digestion after cessation.
I cannot be sure that is from cypro. I do get super flushed, sweaty and anxious though. I connect this things with higher serotonin. Also i feel like my liver suffers on cypro so i get more puffy (maybe estrogenic ) on cypro, which is also not great.

opethfeldt

Cyproheptadine really is probably the most useful thing I've found through this forum. I always forget how helpful it is until I get back on it after a break and realize how much I really need it to be at my best or even anything close to that. It helps my girlfriend in much the same way. Sometimes, I wish I could get the world on it just so that they can feel the happiness and gratitude I feel. The
difference between your mindstate on cypro and the mindstate of the average person you meet nowadays is shockingly stark. I know a lot of people could benefit from it. The shame of it all is that I can't feel this way naturally. It's stunning to think that there are probably people out there who have levels of serotonin naturally that are as low or lower than mine on cypro.

Bart1

I cannot be sure that is from cypro. I do get super flushed, sweaty and anxious though. I connect this things with higher serotonin. Also i feel like my liver suffers on cypro so i get more puffy (maybe estrogenic ) on cypro, which is also not great.

I also get more puffy on cypro. Is that an indication that is hard on the liver ? I thought crypo would help the liver. I take a low dose and I can report that cypro seem to work for me in terms of lowering my stress response, I feel much better! Also it helps a lot with insomnia. I sleep a bit better after just a week of low dose use (1mg). My bloating and gut issues don't seem to be positively affected though, probably because of the low dose? But I did read somewhere that high dosing is not ideal for dopamine receptors, so I try to stay away of that. Do you know if you can use cypro long term with low dose ? I cannot seem to find supporting info on that.

What about do you guys think of metergoline? I understand that it could help with bloating an gut issues, but does it also help with insomnia or is cypro the only one due to anti-histamine?

Mauritio

I also get more puffy on cypro. Is that an indication that is hard on the liver ? I thought crypo would help the liver. I take a low dose and I can report that cypro seem to work for me in terms of lowering my stress response, I feel much better! Also it helps a lot with insomnia. I sleep a bit better after just a week of low dose use (1mg). My bloating and gut issues don't seem to be positively affected though, probably because of the low dose? But I did read somewhere that high dosing is not ideal for dopamine receptors, so I try to stay away of that. Do you know if you can use cypro long term with low dose ? I cannot seem to find supporting info on that.

What about do you guys think of metergoline? I understand that it could help with bloating an gut issues, but does it also help with insomnia or is cypro the only one due to anti-histamine?
It MIGHT be the liver . It is one possible explanation that your liver becomes more sluggish and cant detox estrogen so good anymore.
You can take it long term there is a serotonin rebound effect though that can be pretty unpleasing though.

OP
M

Murtaza

Could you expand more on this, what kind of effects to look for? Been taking it for 10 days.
Thanks.
i personally was always a shy kid. if something bothered me, i would just keep it to myself. after being on cypro for a while i started to realize how much more vocal i am about how i feel. its not that i dont care about how people see me now, i just always put myself first in a confident way if that makes sense

jet9

i personally was always a shy kid. if something bothered me, i would just keep it to myself. after being on cypro for a while i started to realize how much more vocal i am about how i feel. its not that i dont care about how people see me now, i just always put myself first in a confident way if that makes sense
Could you update on your experience ?
(it’s more than year from OP)
Are you still taking cypro ?
Did you change the dosage / does tolerance build in ?
Are there any negatives you noticed ?

OP
M

Murtaza

Could you update on your experience ?
(it’s more than year from OP)
Are you still taking cypro ?
Did you change the dosage / does tolerance build in ?
Are there any negatives you noticed ?
still taking it although now i take no more than 1-2 mgs. i dont feel like tolerance builds in because i still feel the same way. i have taken some breaks in between and i can say one thing for sure, ive tried hundreds of supps throughout my life and nothing has had a more profound effect on my general well being. the only negative would be that if i take my dose after 8pm, its dang hard to get out of bed in the morning

Sagitarrius90

About the serotonin rebound- I had this when I stopped. Terrible. Gained a lot of water weight- Went from 187-193-194 in like a day had high cortisol symptoms high serotonin symptoms as well. Not sure how I can minimize this next time around if anyone has suggestions

thanks!

GreekDemiGod

I've said I'm not going to take Cypro again, but I sometimes feel tempted to do it. Took 0.5mg last night. It always gives me deeper sleeep. And I sleep 10-11 hours without interruption on it without an alarm.

Jem Oz

Agree with others who say cypro is a miraculous thing. Was such a game changer for me. Had a long period of taking high daily doses, and now take it very occasionally and never more than .5mg. Pretty extraordinary stuff.

brix

Agree with others who say cypro is a miraculous thing. Was such a game changer for me. Had a long period of taking high daily doses, and now take it very occasionally and never more than .5mg. Pretty extraordinary stuff.
What were using it for initially?

Jem Oz

What were using it for initially?
Crippling stomach issues, which I theorised were related to excess serotonin. However I noticed within 2 weeks, a rash I'd had on my ankle for 10 years had completed gone, which confirmed for me the connection between gut and skin health. Nowadays I take it if I've had a super stressful day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals