My Contribution To The Forum

OccamzRazer

For those who do not yet believe, may God soften your hearts.May God renew your mind, strengthen your spirit, free you from the spirits of wickedness, so that you may direct your steps towards Him! May Jesus Christ cleanse and enlighten your souls!

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Romans 14:11‭-‬12
Very interesting thread!

For yourself and any other Christians here...can we do a thought experiment?

~~

Imagine you were God Himself. All powerful and all loving. You had a bunch of kids to look after...

....and, being God, you could rig the game any way you wanted.

Wouldn't you rig it so they would all come back to you eventually?

~~

In other words...what is the purpose of an eternal hell? If I were God such a thing would make me incurably miserable.

Even the scripture says that He's not willing that any should perish. Wouldn't God get His way eventually?

Never heard a satisfactory explanation for / rebuttal of this concept!

OccamzRazer

In essence - is it more rational to live a life as if God doesn't exist and then come to find out that He does or;
To live a life as if God does exist to then find out that He doesn't?
Logical enough, but I don't think God wants people to live life in fear of the reality of His existence - or the fear of hell.

OccamzRazer

Past research has found that religiosity correlates with lower IQ
Science is too complex for those with lower intelligence, who therefore resort to the simpler explanations and life-guiding rules of religions.
And what has Rocky to do with this? he is your God?
Maybe so, but large standard deviations mean we can't draw any conclusions about the IQ of OP or any other individual religion enthusiast.

For example, my Dad is a hardcore Pentecostal Christian with an IQ of 160+ lol.

mariantos

Very interesting thread!

For yourself and any other Christians here...can we do a thought experiment?

~~

Imagine you were God Himself. All powerful and all loving. You had a bunch of kids to look after...

....and, being God, you could rig the game any way you wanted.

Wouldn't you rig it so they would all come back to you eventually?

~~

In other words...what is the purpose of an eternal hell? If I were God such a thing would make me incurably miserable.

Even the scripture says that He's not willing that any should perish. Wouldn't God get His way eventually?

Never heard a satisfactory explanation for / rebuttal of this concept!
My imagination is limited and I cannot go so far as to imagine that I am God. God is far too great to take place in a man's imagination.

In what you wrote above, you imagined a God who does not offer free will, you omitted the fact that an extraordinary gift that we all received is free will. God made eternal hell for the evil one and his angels, but people who do not entrust their lives to the Lord and prefer sin or serving to the evil one are not excluded from eternal fire. The evil one hates us a lot and he is trying to take with him how much souls he can. God is love, He loves the sinners and He really wants no soul to perish, He gave His only Son to ensure our salvation, we just have to ask Him for forgiveness, believe in Him, ask for His help to get rid of our life of sin, to help us fight against the sin that stands between us and Him, because he knows our helplessness and sinful nature, but God is also Holy, and a Holy God does not tolerate sin, does not live in the presence of sin, implicitly through His holiness, is also righteous , and a righteous God judges correctly.

I do not want to satisfy you with this answer. I want to tell you that God loves you enormously and no matter how hard it will be for you, He will be there to support you and no matter how much you suffer, don't forget, He will suffer with you too. All He wants from us is to ask for His help, to trust Him, to serve Him, not to be proud and arrogant, and you will see that nothing bad will come of it. God bless you!

Hello,

I think it would be right to say that most of us are in this forum because we want to be the best version of ourselves, have the best health possible and gather a lot of knowledge about the true way to wellness.

Well, my contribution is not going to be precisely medical, or about a supplement, or strictly lab-related.

It's gonna be about what I know more about, the true religion.

Why would you be interested in religion?

- Well, it's more about knowing God. That's the way of seeing it.

You should be interested because from the creation itself we can see He is a wise, powerful, loving God, worthy of praise. You should not be missing it.

Now, if you somehow get to have contact with The Bible, there will be no doubt on the subject.

So, you can guess now: the true religion is Christianism. But the true, original way of it, accordingly to the sound doctrine.

To put it more clearly is the Bible-centered evangelical christianism.

This I consider a contribution to you all because life is seriously meaningless if you don't get to know Jesus Christ. Plus He is the author of salvation of men. I'll explain this now.

Jesus (a.k.a God) came to Earth as we know aproximately 2.000 years ago. He came to pay the price of our sins, which is death. That's why He, being perfect, suffered the unfair punishment of crucifiction;
Like the Bible says:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus is the visible image of God. As he died without any sin commited ever, the grip of death didn't hold him; for God the Father resurrected him on the third day.

We christians have believed in the words and works of Jesus and so through that same God-given faith we have been reconciliated with God.
If Jesus died for us so that we would have eternal life, then believing in his sacrifice and accepting Him as Lord is how we reach that justification.

Nothing else! God did it all for us.

Then, living in holyness is just a consecuence of the believer being saved.

Saved from what? (if you didn't get it yet)

- Saved from the fair and just eternal death (that means conscious suffering) in the lake of fire. A place created by God to punish anybody, be it human or angel, who has decided to walk through the path of sin. Much more if they had turned their backs on the Son of God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my contribution is this:

While a lot of people here can give useful information about ways to get you into physical health; me, as a servant of God share the gospel with you so that to your health you sum up salvation and eternal life, and true purpose of living (thought you had it or not).

In conclusion: live your life for God, honor Him. Respond to his sacrifice in Jesus Christ with living a holy life, free of sin. Get a Bible, I recommend the KJV (version matters), and read it; learn about Him.

You will see things much more clear, in any aspect. If you care about the things He created and how they work, much more you should care about knowing who made them.

I already pointed you the way.

God bless you.
I second that GuiCHE!

Adam was made after God's image, originally having eternal life.
Adam disobeyed his Creator Who bestowed upon him the gift of eternal life when he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Henceforth, you and I are born after the (corruptible) image of Adam.
The justified punishment for breaking the rules of eternal life is eternal death.

Genesis 5:3
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Of course, it's just a matter of whether His creation surrenders to His will or not.

As stated before, His judgment is righteous, holy, and thereby just. In order for this to be true, God cannot be a respecter of persons:

Acts 10:34-35
[34] Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
[35] But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

James 2:8-9
[8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
[9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Men are made from the dust of the earth, yet we are given a unique spirit of men.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21
[18] I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
[19] For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
[20] All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
[21] Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Logical enough, but I don't think God wants people to live life in fear of the reality of His existence - or the fear of hell.
The common expression of having a "fear of God" is a two-edged sword.

Does it mean what it sounds to mean, that we should fear the terror of the Lord? Absolutely, for it is Him who has power over both the body and soul:

Matthew 10:28
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 Corinthians 5:11
[11] Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

The other side of that expression is to show reverence & appreciation for the free life which God offers by abiding in His commandments. It's like if someone fed me food in their house and they asked me to take my shoes off at the door, I'd oblige their request - not because I had to or else they'd starve me - but because I wanted to show my appreciation of their grace of offering me food. The same is applied towards the fear of God.

Of relevance, some receive salvation on the back of God's great love, kindness, forgiveness, and long suffering, and others receive salvation in fear of avoiding the place where their worm dieth not and the fire is never quenched.

Both are motivators towards salvation through different applications of the action of "fearing" God.

Mark 9:47-50
[47] And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
[48] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[49] For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
[50] Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Matthew 5:13
[13] Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.