My Best Magnesium Supplement Regimen

Kray

It tastes bad in water but it mixes well in coke or some juice, you just have to stir for maybe 30 seconds.
Great- thanks for all the feedback and juicer link! I see that one is made in China- does yours have paint covering over the working parts, or is it stainless or die-cast, do you know?

Kray

I tried many different ones but most of them caused my butt to hurt.

The one that I have used very successfully now for awhile is to dissolve magnesium carbonate into OJ.

Dissolving maybe 300mg to 400mg neutralizes the acidity of the OJ and the magnesium is absorbed without any intestinal issues at all.

I've tried magnesium hydroxide but this seems to sit in my stomach and can't be good -- it probably neutralizes stomach acid which is very bad.

The method I'm using provides a magnesium supplement without any side effects at all.
@ecstatichamster
Is this still your choice of Mg? Looking for other forms than citrate. I saw your comments on the N.Vitality Calm product on another thread; is it your understanding they use Aspergillus as citric acid source (rather than sugar beets, as they used to claim)? I really don't understand either how when you call the given phone number for the company, the person answering will not, cannot, refer you to a R&D or product support line. No way could I get anywhere, and it's not the first time I've tried. I used their product for years, until about 1.5 yrs ago. Since then I've heard no end about the problems with citric acid, so I am trying to find a better form. I like your idea, just checking to see if that still works for you. Thank you.

P.S. I noted from their website, N.Vitality Calm is now owned by CLOROX. End of discussion. So sad.
And I would tend to agree with you on the Mg Bicarb. Kinda sits that way with me, too. I have some Mg Carb powder on hand, and the OJ method looks good, per your comments.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster
Is this still your choice of Mg? Looking for other forms than citrate. I saw your comments on the N.Vitality Calm product on another thread; is it your understanding they use Aspergillus as citric acid source (rather than sugar beets, as they used to claim)? I really don't understand either how when you call the given phone number for the company, the person answering will not, cannot, refer you to a R&D or product support line. No way could I get anywhere, and it's not the first time I've tried. I used their product for years, until about 1.5 yrs ago. Since then I've heard no end about the problems with citric acid, so I am trying to find a better form. I like your idea, just checking to see if that still works for you. Thank you.

P.S. I noted from their website, N.Vitality Calm is now owned by CLOROX. End of discussion. So sad.
And I would tend to agree with you on the Mg Bicarb. Kinda sits that way with me, too. I have some Mg Carb powder on hand, and the OJ method looks good, per your comments.
Yes it is. But I seldom supplement with it as I don’t need it.

Kray

supple,meting thyroid for awhile. Body now holds onto magnesium.
That's good to hear- just started Tyromix. How long were you doing thyroid before you realized you didn't need to supplement Mg, and how do you know you have enough-- bowel habits, good sleep?

koky

I tried many different ones but most of them caused my butt to hurt.

The one that I have used very successfully now for awhile is to dissolve magnesium carbonate into OJ.

Dissolving maybe 300mg to 400mg neutralizes the acidity of the OJ and the magnesium is absorbed without any intestinal issues at all.

I've tried magnesium hydroxide but this seems to sit in my stomach and can't be good -- it probably neutralizes stomach acid which is very bad.

The method I'm using provides a magnesium supplement without any side effects at all.
what source of mag carb do you use?
I've tried dissolving it in warm milk, with poor results