My beliefs largely depend on my metabolic state

T

TheBeard

I often find myself changing beliefs depending on how I feel that day.
Whether it be political views, adhering to "conspiracy theories", liking or disliking a certain person, views on life, wanting a baby, thinking mariage is relevant.

Among all the little "philosophical" chit chats you can have with friends, my opinions are definitely not strong on any stance, they widely vary based on my energy levels, endotoxins levels, hormone levels.

What drives my stance on a topic is mostly empathy. Empathy is itself largely driven by energy levels, which are driven by endotoxins and hormones.
Unfortunately for me, my energy levels can be 8/10 on day, and 3/10 the following day.
Which means my answer to one question could be the total opposite of the day before.

Anyone else finds himself in the same situation ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavage

3C1D9C18-9E21-4FBD-A187-AE3C167A55D9.png

Yes Nietzsche told us this and I agree

yerrag

I'm only like that when I am interviewing for a job.

Charger

I've made posts before basically describing the same thing.

It seems when cortisol/serotonin/estrogen is low, thyroid high, I pretty much have no convictions about anything and I think I come off as careless at my job or to family because very few things seem to warrant much of an emotional reaction. I don't empathize with the stressed state most are in. Can't understand why people worry about politics, stay in jobs/relationships in they hate, etc.

When androgens (and estro) and dopamine are high and GABA is low (I'm assuming), I'm pretty much interested in only two things: money and sex, and whatever I need to do to get more of both, lol.

Razvan

It seems when cortisol/serotonin/estrogen is low, thyroid high, I pretty much have no convictions about anything and I think I come off as careless at my job or to family because very few things seem to warrant much of an emotional reaction. I don't empathize with the stressed state most are in. Can't understand why people worry about politics, stay in jobs/relationships in they hate, etc.

When androgens (and estro) and dopamine are high and GABA is low (I'm assuming), I'm pretty much interested in only two things: money and sex, and whatever I need to do to get more of both, lol.
When gaba Is High not low you are more interested in money and sex, especially money.

Charger

When gaba Is High not low you are more interested in money and sex, especially money.

My understanding of GABA is that it would put the brakes on dopamine and thus motivation and libido, more relaxed and less driven, so I've always related those feelings with dopamine, androgens, and maybe estro.

youngsinatra

I agree. It is the same for me. My beliefs depend mainly on the metabolic state, hormonal state and the methylation state, even though all are interconnected.
The latter part (methylation) is very interesting in my observation.

Overmethylation makes me feel supernatural stuff, feeling drawn into religious activities, fearing god's judgement, being concerned about sinning, praying and so on but it's not a positive interest in the matter. It's more anxiety-almost-paranoid driven state. It makes me also interested in conspiracies.

Undermethylation makes me feel nothing of that kind. Eumethylated I don't have any interest in that matter.

OP
T

TheBeard

No, @Charger is right, it's a low GABA that drives to seek those two rewards.
Suffice to take GABA to notice that you don't crave those two.

Razvan

No, people associate dopam
No, @Charger is right, it's a low GABA that drives to seek those two rewards.
Suffice to take GABA to notice that you don't crave those two.
No,people associate dopamine in a wrong way.
Yes ,dopamine makes you motivated,but High gaba makes you a fearless and a risk taking person. You just don't care and invest money without thinking about It.
Phenibut raises gaba and its given to kamikaze terrorists to stop the fear. Also you cant have high androgens profile and low gaba as High gaba and High androgens are usually connected.

Charger

Yes ,dopamine makes you motivated,but High gaba makes you a fearless and a risk taking person. You just don't care and invest money without thinking about It.
Phenibut raises gaba and its given to kamikaze terrorists to stop the fear. Also you cant have high androgens profile and low gaba as High gaba and High androgens are usually connected.

We'll just have to disagree on this. High dopamine for me is definitely the driver for pleasure-seeking behavior: money, sex, gambling, etc.

I agree GABA can reduce fear as it is anti-anxiety, but since it lowers dopamine my drive to seek pleasure or reward drops and I just feel relaxed and content with what I have.

OP
T

TheBeard

We'll just have to disagree on this. High dopamine for me is definitely the driver for pleasure-seeking behavior: money, sex, gambling, etc.

I agree GABA can reduce fear as it is anti-anxiety, but since it lowers dopamine my drive to seek pleasure or reward drops and I just feel relaxed and content with what I have.

Exactly

Dragulescu

Peat clearly says in the high energy state, it allows for higher meaning and complexity. Think of artists, and such geniuses, as being high brain energy as opposed to businessmen. Although businessmen are more successful, they are not as integrated into the cosmos as great artists. They also tend to not be very relaxed people. Don't reduce brain to neurotransmitters, but rather high energy and low energy state.

However in this society, there is not much opportunity for good art, the culture has been degraded, so many creative people go for gambling and money. I personally think that is a survival adaptation which is good.

OP
T

TheBeard

Peat clearly says in the high energy state, it allows for higher meaning and complexity. Think of artists, and such geniuses, as being high brain energy as opposed to businessmen. Although businessmen are more successful, they are not as integrated into the cosmos as great artists. They also tend to not be very relaxed people. Don't reduce brain to neurotransmitters, but rather high energy and low energy state.

However in this society, there is not much opportunity for good art, the culture has been degraded, so many creative people go for gambling and money. I personally think that is a survival adaptation which is good.

High energy is a concept, it has to translate at the molecular level to some kind of action.

Where does that high brain energy come from, according to you, in detail please?

Dragulescu

High energy is a concept, it has to translate at the molecular level to some kind of action.

Where does that high brain energy come from, according to you, in detail please?
Good CO2 production and metabolism = Euphoria and higher judgement capabilities. Ray doesn't even exercise, I suspect he likes the euphoric state, and the go go go culture of the west is incompatible with high metabolism, which is why Ray likes the Russian culture because they relax into complexity.

OP
T

TheBeard

Good CO2 production and metabolism = Euphoria and higher judgement capabilities. Ray doesn't even exercise, I suspect he likes the euphoric state, and the go go go culture of the west is incompatible with high metabolism, which is why Ray likes the Russian culture because they relax into complexity.

Thanks, that's a bit more precise already.
But you are just repeating what principles should be observed, not exactly describing how one would achieve good CO2 production and metabolism.

Have you personnaly achieved good CO2 production and metabolism, if so, how?

CLASH

Thanks, that's a bit more precise already.
But you are just repeating what principles should be observed, not exactly describing how one would achieve good CO2 production and metabolism.

Have you personnaly achieved good CO2 production and metabolism, if so, how?

Optimizing the flow of glucose through the krebs cycle to create electron carriers that are used in the electron transport chain to create a proton gradient that drives the production of ATP through the enzyme ATPase. Glucose produces more CO2 than fat oxidation and less ROS, via the lack of the bottle neck between complex 1 and 2 with ubuiqinol carriage of NADH and FADH2. The brain preferentially seems to oxidize glucose.

This production is dependent up adequate macro and micro nutrient consumption, adeqaute sleep, exposure to light, minimization of stress (physical, mental, nutritional, allergen derived, gut derived, toxin derived, etc.). The minimization of stress is the hardest part once you workout the diet end.

Broken man

That is reason why dopamine agonists and androgens helps with sports and life decisions. When you have both of them high, body feels like its strong and can handle most situations. That is also reason why men are better leaders than women.

Lol, I never experienced this.. :D
That is not true at all. High gaba is predictor for good strategist, there is a study by haidut here on the forum. I tried phenibut and you will feel relaxed to the point of laziness. Brain Levels Of Gaba Predict Tactile Learning Ability
The risk taking behavior associated with dopamine agonist is due to adrenaline. I dont know exact mechanism but I know that high dopamine also means high adrenaline and some people are not able to deal with higher adrenaline but when you take something like DHT or other adrenaline blocker, you will feel relaxed yet motivated to do things like coffee with inosine. Good for productivity. Also dopamine can be damaging if you have high endotoxin.

Dragulescu

Optimizing the flow of glucose through the krebs cycle to create electron carriers that are used in the electron transport chain to create a proton gradient that drives the production of ATP through the enzyme ATPase. Glucose produces more CO2 than fat oxidation and less ROS, via the lack of the bottle neck between complex 1 and 2 with ubuiqinol carriage of NADH and FADH2. The brain preferentially seems to oxidize glucose.

This production is dependent up adequate macro and micro nutrient consumption, adeqaute sleep, exposure to light, minimization of stress (physical, mental, nutritional, allergen derived, gut derived, toxin derived, etc.). The minimization of stress is the hardest part once you workout the die

That is reason why dopamine agonists and androgens helps with sports and life decisions. When you have both of them high, body feels like its strong and can handle most situations. That is also reason why men are better leaders than women.

Lol, I never experienced this.. :D

That is not true at all. High gaba is predictor for good strategist, there is a study by haidut here on the forum. I tried phenibut and you will feel relaxed to the point of laziness. Brain Levels Of Gaba Predict Tactile Learning Ability
The risk taking behavior associated with dopamine agonist is due to adrenaline. I dont know exact mechanism but I know that high dopamine also means high adrenaline and some people are not able to deal with higher adrenaline but when you take something like DHT or other adrenaline blocker, you will feel relaxed yet motivated to do things like coffee with inosine. Good for productivity. Also dopamine can be damaging if you have high endotoxin.
So high dopamine, high GABA, low prolactin and estrogen, and good energy metabolism guarantees you a lot of luck in life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals