My Abdomen Is Sore When Pressed Along With Bloating. Any Help Would Be Appreciated!

ATP

When I was sixteen (I am now 26) I had my first serious episode of diarrhea which lasted for about 3 months. It eventually went away on its own. I went to the doctors had all the tests that were available along with stool samples, none of the tests showed anything wrong. Over the years it has been on and off for periods of up to 6 months without a solid stool. It was about 18 months ago that I had my last bout and now I am having normal stools.

Now the main problem I have is that my abdomen is tender to touch, everywhere. Anytime I eat I bloat regardless of the food. I have been to every medical professional there is and they all say it is IBS but no one has a solution. I have tried every form of diet, supplement, probiotic and fermented food there is but I am still bloated and it is extremely sore to touch like it is inflamed.

Basically it has been like this for so long and I can't do anything about it I am starting to worry that it could lead to some serious digestive issue.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know, I am very desperate to get my health back.

OP
ATP

ATP

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a read through those.
The main problem I have now is the pain and soreness when I press my abdomen, also the constant bloating regardless of what I eat.

lindsay

I have had digestive issues since my early 20's, which were also diagnosed as Irritable Syndrome (the constipated version) and exacerbated further by my doctors extended Zelnorm prescribing. That drug furthered my digestive issues, and long story short, I no longer have a gallbladder or an appendix (unfortunately, I wish I had been smarter when it came to the gallbladder surgery, but I was young, stressed and had dropped down to around 90 lbs from the discomfort). Nothing stopped the digestive problems for me until I began taking thyroid and other supplements. Thyroid especially helped. And I totally know the sore belly feeling you are speaking of exactly. In my experience, that is a sign of some sort of bacterial infection, inflammation and serotonin.

I recently had an episode that got me really depressed feeling. Here's what I did. I began with the carrot salad hoping it would do the anti-biotic thing and cure me. It didn't. It made it worse. Finally I came to my senses and took about 2 activated charcoal capsules twice daily for a couple of days, and switched to spaghetti squash and beets to "sweep" things out (well cooked beets are especially helpful, in my experience). After a couple of days, my stomach was feeling much much better! I also ordered gelatin and have been eating it a lot lately and I do think the gut healing properties of it have been working well, you just need to make sure you don't have a reaction to it.

The other option I would explore since you have already been to the doctors is seeing if you can get an antibiotic of some kind. Even a slight bacterial infection can cause a lot of issues. I had multiple random episodes that felt like food poisoning before the appendicitis infection took hold. And I never felt so great as the two weeks of minocycline (and there was another one I took that I cannot remember the name of) following my appendectomy. I wish I could keep antibiotics on hand all the time, but well - darn prescriptions! I've also had good luck in the past using a homemade probiotic of strong Kefir and potato starch (which carries the Kefir through the lower intestine), but all of these are short lived if there is an infection that isn't taken care of. Activated charcoal is a good place to begin and may help a lot. Gelatin is fantastic to sooth the inflammation. And eating mild foods - maybe do a lot of smoothy making.

Just some thoughts, but I really do hope you will feel better soon!!!

You very well could have a gut infection. I had that for years...diagnosed with IBS, given a prescription for Loperamide and all sorts of restrictive diets, blah, blah, blah.

Nothing ever worked EXCEPT herbal antimicrobials...apparently my gut bugs were of the anti-biotic resistant sort....and fungal in nature too...along with smattering of parasites as well. :wideyed:

I hope you find what works for you!!!

OP
ATP

ATP

I have had digestive issues since my early 20's, which were also diagnosed as Irritable Syndrome (the constipated version) and exacerbated further by my doctors extended Zelnorm prescribing. That drug furthered my digestive issues, and long story short, I no longer have a gallbladder or an appendix (unfortunately, I wish I had been smarter when it came to the gallbladder surgery, but I was young, stressed and had dropped down to around 90 lbs from the discomfort). Nothing stopped the digestive problems for me until I began taking thyroid and other supplements. Thyroid especially helped. And I totally know the sore belly feeling you are speaking of exactly. In my experience, that is a sign of some sort of bacterial infection, inflammation and serotonin.

I recently had an episode that got me really depressed feeling. Here's what I did. I began with the carrot salad hoping it would do the anti-biotic thing and cure me. It didn't. It made it worse. Finally I came to my senses and took about 2 activated charcoal capsules twice daily for a couple of days, and switched to spaghetti squash and beets to "sweep" things out (well cooked beets are especially helpful, in my experience). After a couple of days, my stomach was feeling much much better! I also ordered gelatin and have been eating it a lot lately and I do think the gut healing properties of it have been working well, you just need to make sure you don't have a reaction to it.

The other option I would explore since you have already been to the doctors is seeing if you can get an antibiotic of some kind. Even a slight bacterial infection can cause a lot of issues. I had multiple random episodes that felt like food poisoning before the appendicitis infection took hold. And I never felt so great as the two weeks of minocycline (and there was another one I took that I cannot remember the name of) following my appendectomy. I wish I could keep antibiotics on hand all the time, but well - darn prescriptions! I've also had good luck in the past using a homemade probiotic of strong Kefir and potato starch (which carries the Kefir through the lower intestine), but all of these are short lived if there is an infection that isn't taken care of. Activated charcoal is a good place to begin and may help a lot. Gelatin is fantastic to sooth the inflammation. And eating mild foods - maybe do a lot of smoothy making.

Just some thoughts, but I really do hope you will feel better soon!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely try some activated charcoal. I have been using gelatin for a while now but I have not experienced any positive changed within my stomach.

OP
ATP

ATP

You very well could have a gut infection. I had that for years...diagnosed with IBS, given a prescription for Loperamide and all sorts of restrictive diets, blah, blah, blah.

Nothing ever worked EXCEPT herbal antimicrobials...apparently my gut bugs were of the anti-biotic resistant sort....and fungal in nature too...along with smattering of parasites as well. :wideyed:

I hope you find what works for you!!!
Which herbs did you find worked the best?
I Also have tried antibiotics with no change, if anything I felt worse afterwards.

Greg says

That's amazing! And you've taken these I'm guessing? How many did you take per day?

Yes, I have used them. I took one a day for a few days with some raw carrot. I was just experimenting with them and have used the whole pack over a few months. You get a kind of odour in your mouth, not unpleasant, RP talks about this, something to do with the anti-biotic in the tissues. I will get some more, they offer good service. I think as far as bowel cleansing action goes raw carrot is mild (so can be used daily), activated charcoal is a bit more effective so can be used couple times a week and anti-biotic are the most effective.

lindsay

Yes, I have used them. I took one a day for a few days with some raw carrot. I was just experimenting with them and have used the whole pack over a few months. You get a kind of odour in your mouth, not unpleasant, RP talks about this, something to do with the anti-biotic in the tissues. I will get some more, they offer good service. I think as far as bowel cleansing action goes raw carrot is mild (so can be used daily), activated charcoal is a bit more effective so can be used couple times a week and anti-biotic are the most effective.

That's good to hear! I am going to order some. I took two of those per day, along with another antibiotic, following my appendectomy. I felt quite energetic, despite just having had a major surgery. As soon as the antibiotics were gone, however, the effect was short lived. I do think that some sort of probiotic - along with regular natural antibiotics - is helpful following antibiotics, just so the system isn't flooded with bad bacteria immediately after usage is complete. I keep oregano oil on hand and take small amounts regularly to help if I have a slight infection. But it's not sure powerful. I find cooked beets work better than the carrot for me, but it varies regularly. Thanks for your input!

lindsay

Greg says

Darn - I thought it might be too good to be true. I was going through the checkout process and it said I need to either fax, email or mail a prescription. Did you get the same thing? It probably varies according to country.....

Maybe it is country issues. I just went through an order and they didn't ask for prescription.

tomisonbottom

I would try larger doses of activate charcoal along with cascara sagrada. Charcoal will clean you out but can cause constipation, and the cascara will alleviate constipation and inflammation.
Also, have you tried large doses of coconut oil? Coconut oil has anti-fungal and anti-septic properties.

And make sure you only eat foods you can easily digest. And lots of salt will help with digestion.