My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

OP
Max23

Max23

I started the water 3 days ago and think I am sleeping better.

Today I found an organic grass fed and finished beef supplier that sells freshly slaughtered meat in a pack that you have to wait for up to 3 weeks for.

Can't wait for it.
Great! I hope it will go well and if it doesn´t you´ll get new information and experiences.

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 64
Not much progress to report. Thing are worse than the baseline. This week had some constipation and pebble poop. Can not get steady perfect stool with this diet, at least not yet. Magnesium can help with that, but is hard to get in without it making eczema worse.
1653390451766.png

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I admire you for hanging in there. It doesn't look like things are really better based on your chart.

When you have completed the 98 days you might want to look into the Karen Hurd bean protocol. I don't know all of what she recommends or says but for the last week I have been eating 1/2 cup of cooked black beans 5 times a day (she says to eat 1/2 cup 6 times a day) to help get rid of excess hormones in bile before the bile is recycled. I have also been using 1/2 teaspoon of Dietary Cellulose fiber (insoluble fiber) 2 times a day.

Between the two kinds of fiber my digestion has greatly improved.

OP
Max23

Max23

Thank you very much! Yes, things are not going better. Worsening eczema is particularly concerning. But there are also pathways forward, which I should explore. Like trying how many meals of Grant Genereux´s diet I could eat? For that I should find nonseasoned beef, which is also cheaper. For that I thought to try dairy cow´s meat from the market and boil it. I would really like to know whether my eczema will dry out then. Also I should test whether potatoes, chicken, fat in general or honey make the eczema worse. I have been eating honey a lot because I have a lot of it, homemade version, I know Smith doesn´t approve, but it is low in vitamin A. Also I could try to correct my circaidian rhytms. But yes it isn´t going easily and moving forward is hard.

The Karen Hurd protocol is an interesting idea. I have tried it before. Beans cause body acne to me, but maybe it is different with this diet. I have drunk bottled water with this diet and my rectum hasn´t been bloody recently at all, which has reduced this acne problem so maybe the beans will work this time.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
It seems like the eczema might be caused by your gut issues. I don't have the same problems but I have been working on getting my gut right for a long time, too. I don't remember but if you are eating wheat/gluten that might be a problem.

Trying Grant Genereux's diet for a week might give you some insight. The picture of his bowl of "soup" on his website looks pretty simple. He says he only eats it three meals per day but you could have it more often if you were hungry. It will be boring but if you give it a week it might help set a base and you could add some things back slowly to check your reactions.

It sounds like the beans caused you some gut issues that ended up as acne. I don't have acne as a problem but I had a lot of plaque on my teeth until early this year when I started to use 1 teaspoon of vinegar to three meals. That small amount seems to have changed things enough gut-wise that my teeth plaque is greatly reduced. I use apple cider vinegar tablets or 1 teaspoon vinegar in 4 ounces of water.

OP
Max23

Max23

I don´t eat gluten, not eating it solved some of my problems. Yes I definitely must try his prison food program. Apple Cider Vingedar gives me a very bad reflux.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I agree about the reflux and GERD with the vinegar. I had that until I only started using a small amount after I have started eating. I don't use it without food in the stomach. I mentioned it because I think the gut bacteria affect all the the bacteria in and on us.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Maybe try the carrot salad; some clean OJ; 2 coffees a day full of sugar; keep your protein and general calorie consumption up, but make sure to balance your protein:collagen ratio; work on your calcium:phosphorus ratio (dairy and boiled veggies help); keeping your iron consumption low, via added dairy also helps; avoiding goitrogens and phytoestrogens found in a lot of legumes and veggies; add some nutrient density like weekly liver and oyster dishes; consider a safe anti-inflammatory like niacinamide; and take a little natural desiccated thyroid 3x a day.

remember, it can take some time to lower iron or phosphorus toxicity, whereby you begin speeding up the metabolism with greater ease.
Check out this forum for posts by Haidut and others, that could contain hacks to speed up these processes (methylene blue, progesteron:dhea, etc).

boring, yet tried and true answers, aren't sexy, but as you dive into the literature of Ray Peat, they work the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Max23, have you tried psyllium? I’m not able to tolerate Karen Hurd levels of beans yet but I’m eating them and gradually increasing my intake. Psyllium has been really helping my tendency toward constipation.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I agree that psyllium is also a good option if beans don't agree with you. I think the only reason I can tolerate the beans now is due to the small amount of insoluble dietary cellulose fiber I take, too.

OP
Max23

Max23

@Josiah Baldwin I have tried a lot of the Peat stuff over the years and they make things worse and I dove into Peat and Haidut four years ago and know most of what they talk about. Dairy for me is out of the question, I have low iron, consider liver as food that should not be eaten and progesterone and DHEA are just nasty.

@Blossom I have tried psyllium and did so recently. It causes pebble poop and constipation. Maybe I have a bad product. Garrett Smith says there is a difference between different products, I have only tried one.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@Max23 , I hear you about the pebble poop and constipation.

In this thread: Augmentin temporarily cured constipation; but now it's back with a vengeance ,Nokoni mentions using Nutrilogic Dietary Cellulose Fiber, an insoluble fiber.

I got some from Amazon. Using it and the beans 5 times a day my constipation is mostly gone. I think insoluble fiber is needed for those of us with slow or no peristalsis. I used to eat a lot of All Bran cereral but quit when I removed all wheat from my diet.

OP
Max23

Max23

Interesting about cellulose. I think it is a nice option.

Korven

Interesting about cellulose. I think it is a nice option.

Have you ever tried taking bentonite/zeolite clay? I find that it gives me nice poops. It is not as constipating as activated charcoal, and there is no risk of bad bugs fermenting it and causing inflammation. There are a bunch of studies where zeolite clay improves gut health and reduces inflammation. It is a pretty good binder for all sorts of toxins.

OP
Max23

Max23

I have tried some samples of bentonite. Too little to draw conclusions. I definitely liked the taste and have sort of a craving for it. This would also be a really nice option since activated charcoal has made my eczema worse when I have previously tried it.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I have tried a lot of the Peat stuff over the years and they make things worse and I dove into Peat and Haidut four years ago
With all due respect, if the carrot salad or OJ made things worse, or that you don’t believe in eating liver on occasion, then your comment sounds like something of a fad-hopping, without having given something it’s due, thru the projected even horizon.

Even I couldn’t consume dairy at first, and it took some time cleansing the gut with carrot salad, activated charcoal, and bamboo shoots.

For about a year, I just ate raw carrots and bamboo shoots, thinking I was fixing something, but when I took the salad seriously, as a transporter of the olive oil and vinegar to the colon, and it actually put a major dent in my digestion improvement and sleep, seriously reducing hemorrhoids to what may soon be non-existence for me.

When I finally stopped playing around with stupid herbal and caffeine supplements, and every animal organ desiccated, and just took natural desiccated thyroid 3x a day, I started sleeping 8 hours a night without waking up to urinate.

I finally took all the research about progesterone/dhea mix seriously, downed a half bottle, and all my estrogenic symptoms just stopped.

When I stopped drinking OJ with flavor packets, and replaced with a quality one from Dan’s toxinless.com, I stopped feeling low energy, and started actually feeling energized by drinking a quart a day, and I began feeling even better from oj than what the consumption of tons of sugar and coffee could afford me.

I’ve seen major improvements from dropping 70% of my supplements, and just taking safe-filler B1 and B3, as well as some stuff from Haidut.

I don’t understand how you could just skip the foundational reality of certain things like the phosphorus:calcium ratio, unless you’re supplementing tons of calcium? Speaking of, Ray has seen lots of digestive problems from synthetic mineral supplementation, hence his advocacy for OJ and other food sources. I had to stop sipping minerals for that reason, and digestion/
Brain fog /etc further improved.

OP
Max23

Max23

I´m guessing you´ll do fads until they really hurt you. If you continue to take progesterone, you´ll diminish your penis and the iodine in thyroid will hurt the prostate. If some things worked for you, doesn´t mean they will for anyone else.

I think carrots hurt the gut. Liver is an organ that stores toxins, eating it makes no sense. I don´t think people need much calcium. About the phosphorus:calcium ratio, I don´t know. Maybe Garrett Smith does.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals