My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This might be interesting to you. It’s the livestream of Dr. Garrett Smith, where he directly spoke about the „beef + hot water protocol.“

View: https://youtu.be/_EkE-rRTWMk

Thanks for sharing this video. I really enjoyed it and it makes sense as to why I have done so well on mainly meat and why I can’t deviate much from it. Do you have the program and if so is it worth it to you?

Eberhardt

Thank you! You have been very helpful. My health situation is very difficult, I deal with a lot of pain and the solutions might be extremely complex. I have been thinking about joining Garrett Smith´s community, but my ability to reasearch is limited at this point. I´ll definitely watch his videos on YouTube. He says bile is the poop of the liver. So in that sense TUDCA is the poop of the liver of a bear, but it is synthezised and without toxic waste. Sometimes it has made the eyes go bloodshot, so I guess that is the reabsorption of bile. I haven´t taken it much and will try not to take it.
Also as I recall Grant Genereux said coffee was beneficial, but Smith doesn´t seem to recommend it. Right now I have a very bad mood in the morning and after drinking it the day seems to go much better. So it is very hard to quit.
Was also wondering whether you know any Smith or Genereux approved teas? I have been drinking fennel or chamomile, I really could use a tea to go with rice flake porridge, have a really hard time getting it down in the morning. I read that fennel is a part of the carrot family. So I have no idea whether those teas are good, they are better and black or green tea for me definitely.
Thanks. I dont know exactly why the synthetic bile makes trouble for a lot of people but I think as you say the (re)absorption is key. Even without A it shouldnt be in the bloodstream and makes trouble there. About the coffee Smith is much more theorizing than Grant. I think Smith mainly is worried about the polyphenols and coffein burdening the liver. Grant drinka coffee everyday thpugh and has for years. Not sure he did so the first three years at least though. I sometimes drink mexican coke myselg but have to watch it. So it deoends on the level of toxixity and your personal makeup I guess. I mentioned it as things where not going well amd might be one of the reasons. I dont have Garretts herblist in front of me so I cant say about fennel. But polyphen-ols are alcoh- ols and are using the same dehydrogenazes as Retin-ols. Personally I do ok on a cup og green or black tea with a bit of sugar so cant help you there. Avood very bitter teas and the red ones lile hiprose at least. I dont use the community a lot over at Smith but its a decently structures course though with a lot of extras maybe at least u can use aome of the foodlists or something. Its a one time payment and it has a searchfunction

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 29

I am still on the diet. I had one day off, when I ate green beans, gluten free cookies, pork ham and drank orange juice. I won´t count that day as a part of the experiment, days after that were definitely at least under 50% of daily requirement of vitamin A. For some reason the problematic fasciculations stopped, maybe because I didn´t eat a lot of pears. Also I found a sustainable diet, that doesn´t cause massive hunger and food cravings. I´ll also be allowing some vitamin A foods, in accordance with cravings. I have to really think through how to do it. Garrett Smith said the goal is not to eat no vitamin A at all, but to eat less than one can get rid of. I am thinking that under 50% of the daily requirement should be a nice goal.

I found a great beef source, that is frozen beef cutlets, which don´t seem to cause histamine problems, but am having problems finding a store that has them.

Drinking filtered water has made the butthole bloodiness go away, unfortunately it causes prostate problems. Maybe I´ll be able to come up with a solution, like drinking half of bottled water and half of filtered water, and maybe even adding some seasalt, electrolites or ocean minerals. Getting rid of this problem might help tolerate beans better, which helps me with nutrition and getting rid of bile and vitamin A.

From day 24 on I started getting brown stool, that sank and had white specs in it (which I associate with cleansing, solving intestinal problems). This has continud until day 28, when the stool got bigger and bigger and had the qualities of perfect stool. Then I had contact with my partner, I woke up with a spastic neck which also means that the stool goes pale, because of some bile blocking effect. Also my eyes hurt a lot then. But at least the stool is bulky, smooth, sinking and I did it twice a day. Making the stool perfect was one of the clearest results of this diet the first time and one of the main aims of the experiment this time. It took 27 days of experimenting to achieve that, but now am happy to have done it and hoping it´ll stay this way. Now I really am getting the feeling that I am expelling vitamin A and other toxins in a faster rate.

Anyway, I am seeing progress and I really want to continue with the diet, as I have no other solutions and the vitamin A story seems to fit so perfectly with my health decline.

Right now I am mostly eating: rice, potatoes, chicken, beef ham, beef cutlets, french fries, different canned poultry, black beans, gluten free bread, coffee, jam (apple), a little bit bananas, honey, coconut oli, coconut milk, soda (for acid cravings), shrimp, nuts, will experiment with some pears. I want to integrate some cheat foods, but want to really know which ones would be best.

My main cravings right now: nuts, acidic foods, gluten free cookies.

Health marker progression:
1650379785262.png

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
For your cravings, I would avoid the nuts entirely. But the gluten free cookies should be okay once in awhile or one a day. I eat a lemon slice in the morning to get my salivary glands going. I like crunchy stuff so I eat gluten free pretzels which aren't great but aren't too bad. Maybe that crunchy texture is what you want with the nuts.

OP
Max23

Max23

For your cravings, I would avoid the nuts entirely. But the gluten free cookies should be okay once in awhile or one a day. I eat a lemon slice in the morning to get my salivary glands going. I like crunchy stuff so I eat gluten free pretzels which aren't great but aren't too bad. Maybe that crunchy texture is what you want with the nuts.
With the gluten free cookies (Oreo-like, that have cocoa in them) it is definitely the crunch I want. I really don´t know why I want nuts so bad, it is a very strong craving, I thought maybe it was fat. I wonder why they are that bad for this diet, they don´t really have much vitamin A.

CastorTroy

For nuts you can safely go with macadamian nuts. Choose raw, unsalted, preferable uncracked within its shell. They taste like heaven and offer a decent fatty acid profile.

Eberhardt

Hooray for your progress. If some other tinkering is needed check if the aplle jam matters. All jam that is not fresh and homemade have some aldehydes (like with the pears). I think some A is fine. Included eggyolks and OJ first half year basically. I dont know if nuts are so bad. Might have a bit counterproductive vit E and maybe to much pufa and mold so yeah preferably fresh. I guess below 500IU from the mentioned diet which im sure is low enough to make things go better. Hope this works for you

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 45

Not going very well recently. Stool is constantly white-yellow and eczema is out of hand, or actually iside my hands on the palms, near the thumb. I have no idea what causes it, in terms of what food. The most logical explanation is bile can´t get out, causing the stool to be white and it entering the blood and the skin trying to detox it. Then the question is why? Garrett Smith says vitamin A is a toxin on the way in and on the way out. So maybe there is that. Maybe some of the gluten free stuff I eat is causing it. Maybe coffee. It is painful and demoralizing right now.

1651752002297.png

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Max23, I quit coffee 3 weeks ago and feel better for it. The hot water helped me with quitting.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a hard time quitting it. It is such a great mood booster.
I understand, I drank it for 39 years. I thought seriously about stopping for at least a year before I had the courage to actually do it.

youngsinatra

I recently found out that methylation is key for optimal bile flow. (and liver function subsequently)

Vitamin A excess causes hypomethylation, depletes B12 and folate, raises homocysteine and depletes glycine. (via overactive GNMT)
B9 deficiency causes choline wasting, because choline is getting used as an alternative methyl donor to recycle homocysteine back to methionine. Choline is important for making phosphatidylcholine (in fact up to 40-45% of total methylation is used for creating PC, while the other 40-45% is used for creatine synthesis)
and phosphatidylcholine is very important for bile flow.

I massively improved my bile flow in the last weeks by adding in creatine, glycine and a methylated B complex.

I just placed an order for additional sunflower lecithin. (for phosphatidylcholine)

youngsinatra

I recently found out that methylation is key for optimal bile flow. (and liver function subsequently)

Vitamin A excess causes hypomethylation, depletes B12 and folate, raises homocysteine and depletes glycine. (via overactive GNMT)
B9 deficiency causes choline wasting, because choline is getting used as an alternative methyl donor to recycle homocysteine back to methionine. Choline is important for making phosphatidylcholine (in fact up to 40-45% of total methylation is used for creating PC, while the other 40-45% is used for creatine synthesis)
and phosphatidylcholine is very important for bile flow.

I massively improved my bile flow in the last weeks by adding in creatine, glycine and a methylated B complex.

I just placed an order for additional sunflower lecithin. (for phosphatidylcholine)

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9io9-4qqig&feature=emb_title

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 53

This week I had a cold. I guess one should expect them on this diet. I totally switched from coconut oil to canola oil to see whether it caused the eczema outbreaks. I has helped a little bit. The stool has some nice qualities, beneficial indications, but now is pale. I took some vitamin D, K to better cope with the cold. Everything else is mainly the same:
1652451521729.png

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mainly even energy without no highs and lows and my sleep and bowels are improving.

Mary Lyn

I started the water 3 days ago and think I am sleeping better.

Today I found an organic grass fed and finished beef supplier that sells freshly slaughtered meat in a pack that you have to wait for up to 3 weeks for.

Can't wait for it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I started the water 3 days ago and think I am sleeping better.

Today I found an organic grass fed and finished beef supplier that sells freshly slaughtered meat in a pack that you have to wait for up to 3 weeks for.

Can't wait for it.
That’s awesome! I just got my local pastured whole lamb Saturday.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals