Mutaflor

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Uggghh 50 days?!
Yes, I got sprayed in the face with a patient’s ventilator circuit that was filled with contaminated rain out from their breath and the humidifier. The person was infected with klebsiella pneumoniae and who knows what else. That was the beginning of my CFS. The fungal issues seem like the last lingering complication to resolve.

Mauritio

I’m not sure about taking them together. But I also am not sure about an inflammatory response. It could be that taking this creates a battle in the gut that increases endotoxins temporarily. It could be the inflammatory response is a result of how it colonizers the gut at the expense of other microbes. It seems terribly complicated and not to be easily reduced to something simple.

I would avoid anything that can kill the bacteria directly though. I am not taking antibiotics at this moment for instance.
I also remember that mutaflor works through a moderate Lps agonism. Which is another word for a pro inflammatory reaction...

I dont really know I experience some weight gain that I dont like on mutaflor . I am also taking a combi product with l rhamnosus and s. Boulardii which seems to take care of the weight gain . But in the worst case they might cancel each other out with mutaflor so I dont know .
I also developed a stubborn cough with mucus in my throat . I'll stop the s. Boulardii and l rhamnosus and see if it gets better .

Yes, I got sprayed in the face with a patient’s ventilator circuit that was filled with contaminated rain out from their breath and the humidifier. The person was infected with klebsiella pneumoniae and who knows what else. That was the beginning of my CFS. The fungal issues seem like the last lingering complication to resolve.

I'm so sorry, that is truly awful.

Also a follow up. When I take mutaflor now, it doesn’t always lower my body temps. It did at first and sometimes still does. I took it before bedtime and woke up in a few hours, which I never do, and I suspect it’s from low blood sugar (I went back to sleep without an issue.)

So still wondering why it lowers blood sugar/body temperature.

Vinny

So, you don't connect your CFS with fungus, at first glance, correct?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So, you don't connect your CFS with fungus, at first glance, correct?
No, I think the fungal issues came from the 50 days of antibiotics. I was also required to take prophylactic antibiotics during that time for my job. I also hadn’t had a full year go by between 1999-2018 that I didn’t require antibiotics.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No, I think the fungal issues came from the 50 days of antibiotics. I was also required to take prophylactic antibiotics during that time for my job. I also hadn’t had a full year go by between 1999-2018 that I didn’t require antibiotics.
I think the CFS came from my system being overwhelmed from the body fluid exposure, working 12 hour nights at a stressful job, a divorce and moving all at the same time.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I think the CFS came from my system being overwhelmed from the body fluid exposure, working 12 hour nights at a stressful job, a divorce and moving all at the same time.
that'll do it.

That much levaquin...amazing you have joints at all

Blossom

Forum Supporter
that'll do it.

That much levaquin...amazing you have joints at all
Yeah, oddly my joints haven’t been one of my major issues. I was probably floxed but didn’t know it.

Mauritio

Also a follow up. When I take mutaflor now, it doesn’t always lower my body temps. It did at first and sometimes still does. I took it before bedtime and woke up in a few hours, which I never do, and I suspect it’s from low blood sugar (I went back to sleep without an issue.)

So still wondering why it lowers blood sugar/body temperature.
Thanks . That gives me some hope to push through wit it . I still get lower blood sugar symptoms ,maybe not as drastic as before but I don't really know what to make of it...

My cough / cold is getting worse and reached the nostrils today .

I think one mechanism might be that it lowers cortisol very powerfully ,I'm not really convinced .

Also I'm definitely gaining weight on this . No wonder since I'm always gaining weight when blood sugar is low. And currently blood sugar is always low.
I started taking clonidine today. To decrease the stress response .

Vinny

Thanks . That gives me some hope to push through wit it . I still get lower blood sugar symptoms ,maybe not as drastic as before but I don't really know what to make of it...

I think one mechanism might be that it lowers cortisol very powerfully ,I'm not really convinced .

Also I'm definitely gaining weight on this . No wonder since I'm always gaining weight when blood sugar is low. And currently blood sugar is always low.
What's the mechanism behind gaining weight when blood sugar is low? Cortisol increase or .......?
Thanks

I often don't believe in those "colds" anymore. Usually it's endotoxins.

I would take a bunch of vitamin C and maybe a little cyproheptadine. I've had more nasal symptoms myself, and if I believed in "colds" like I used to I'd think I was "coming down with a cold" but it is just endotoxins. I can tell now. So I have micro dosed with cypro and I'll take a bunch of ascorbic acid neutralized with carbonate.

Maybe it's from the ECN.

Mauritio

What's the mechanism behind gaining weight when blood sugar is low? Cortisol increase or .......?
Thanks
I haven't figured it out . Its not cortisol , since I got it from some supplements that decreased cortisol pretty powerfully like magnesium (magnoil) or 6ketop4 ,which is specifically designed to block cortisol . So i really dont know maybe increase in free fatty acids.
I feel like my glycogen store is really really small. And I couldn't increase it with stuff like taurine or famotidone yet.

Last edited:

Mauritio

I often don't believe in those "colds" anymore. Usually it's endotoxins.

I would take a bunch of vitamin C and maybe a little cyproheptadine. I've had more nasal symptoms myself, and if I believed in "colds" like I used to I'd think I was "coming down with a cold" but it is just endotoxins. I can tell now. So I have micro dosed with cypro and I'll take a bunch of ascorbic acid neutralized with carbonate.

Maybe it's from the ECN.
Yeah I tend to agree. Usually I would take camphosal and did pretty good this winter ,whenever I felt something coming . But I dont want to eradicate the mutaflor in my gut.
I already take a bit of crypto every few days and I get some allergic symptoms from vitamin c but I still might do it.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I tried 2 pills of mutaflor at night for a few nights and definitely noticed worse sleep and more wake ups verse taking it in the morning. When I was sleeping great I was taking it during the day.

I haven’t gained any weight

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I tried 2 pills of mutaflor at night for a few nights and definitely noticed worse sleep and more wake ups verse taking it in the morning. When I was sleeping great I was taking it during the day.

I haven’t gained any weight
Thanks, I will keep this in mind.

Mauritio

Did you notice weight gain when you contracted the infection and weight loss when you took sth anti fungal?
Because that's what I notice when I taken nystatin I definitely loose weight...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you notice weight gain when you contracted the infection and weight loss when you took sth anti fungal?
Not really. I was so fatigued that I could only tolerate being out of bed for 20 minutes at a time for a couple years. I didn’t do much physically but I also had a hard time eating adequately due to lack of energy to prepare and eat meals. I was also pretty brain fogged and don’t remember much from that time but I do know I did not need a different size in my clothes.

Vinny

About 20 years ago, it was the first time I was severely exposed to mold, and, at the same moment, my health started to dramatically decline.
Second decline was about 5 years ago, again, after contact with mold (in both cases, it was from living for many months in damp houses by the sea coast).
I also experience fat gain, fatigue, brain fog and many other "nice" things.
Would you care to elaborate more on your nystatin use, why you took it, how did it affect you, dosages etc?
I hope Am not asking for too much. Thanks

Mauritio

About 20 years ago, it was the first time I was severely exposed to mold, and, at the same moment, my health started to dramatically decline.
Second decline was about 5 years ago, again, after contact with mold (in both cases, it was from living for many months in damp houses by the sea coast).
I also experience fat gain, fatigue, brain fog and many other "nice" things.
Would you care to elaborate more on your nystatin use, why you took it, how did it affect you, dosages etc?
I hope Am not asking for too much. Thanks
I have only tried it for a couple of days, since I could not wrap my head around how no anti bacterial substance does the trick for me. So I thought maybe I have a fungal infection ,even if it's rare.
I was also encouraged by a thread here in the forum .
I lost weight from the first dose nothing drastic but I'm not really fat to begin with .
I dont know,but if i loose weight on it i guess it must be good .
I stopped because it made me a bit anxious and I got endotoxin symptoms after food and alcohol, like flushed face , which is adrenaline related for me .
So I might try mutaflor + nystatin + clonidine at some point .

@Blossom thanks for your answer!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals