Mutaflor

Discussion in 'Digestion, Gut Flora' started by Tarmander, Nov 27, 2019.

1. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

This is most interesting:
    It has been argued that some of the effects of probiotics are caused by cellular components, so that the organisms would not be required to be alive and establish colonization in the gut [54]. Nevertheless, according to Caselli and coworkers, the definitions of probiotics used by the World Health Organization and the Food and Health Organization include that they have to “remain viable and stable after culture, manipulation, and storage before consumption (and) have to survive to gastric acid and biliary and pancreatic digestion” [55]. These authors argue that, since the host’s pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) play a pivoting role in probiotic applications, it would be irrelevant whether the bacteria were dead or alive [55]. If this argument were accepted, one can only wonder why probiotic products are based on living organisms, which are more difficult to produce, store, and quality control than preparations of cellular components. My gut feeling (pun intended) is that living organisms have more effect than dead ones, though there are few data to support one or the other view.

Thanks @Tarmander

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I am almost sure that it has a powerful effect on lowering blood sugar. That is what I experience. I can drink a Coke, and my temps go from 94.5 (!!) to 99, then in the 96s. I am taking T3, and that really accentuates these swings.

It is difficult to keep blood sugar up actually while taking this. Bizarre!

3. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Any thoughts about taking this while taking the ground up well cooked mushrooms?

I’m spreading the mushrooms hours from the EcN, but maybe I should stop the mushrooms for awhile?

4. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

That is fascinating...could interpret that several different ways...good and bad

5. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

I am not sure how Mushrooms affect ecoli. I found this list, and am guessing that anything that is "effective" against Ecoli would make Mutaflor less effective:

image.png

6. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Thanks! I’ll stick to bamboo shoots for a bit then...and skip the mushrooms.

7. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Yes that's why I am contemplating going back to 1 capsule per day. I have taken 3 the first day,while the first capsule had wonderfull effects ,after the second I became irritable and couldn't focus.
    Dont quite get what you mean. I guess you want to point at the temperature swings and that they're caused by mutaflors effect on blood sugar?! Do your temps normally go up that far ?

Like @Tarmander said it could be that its boosting metabolism or its slowing it down somehow...
    I hope for the first, which is supported by my appetite ,which has definitely increased . I have the sameish weight but eat more .
    The increased appetite alone makes me happy since I have had a tendency to undereat because of a lack of appetite.

8. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Interesting, especially its pro liver and anti- endotoxin effect.

9. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

my temps do not swing like this normally. I’ve also experienced a bit of brain fog I attribute to mutaflor

10. Ingenol

Ingenol Member

@ecstatichamster are you in the US? If so, do you mind sharing where you purchase your Mutaflor?

11. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

12. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

13. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

14. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

Looking around the net there are other brands of Mutaflor like this:

MutaFlor Probiotics 100 capsules

However it looks like each capsule is at 250 million CFU where as the one from feelgoodnaturally has 25 X 10^9 CFU which would be 25 billion I believe.

Also I was reading this page, which is a good general purpose FAQ: FAQs | Mutaflor

Found this nugget:

"There are other antibiotics including Clindamycin, Erythromycin and Metronidazole, that E. coli Nissle 1917 has a natural resistance to and these can be given together without any damage to Nissle 1917. If you are on any of these antibiotics including treatments for H. pylori infections in the stomach, Mutaflor® complements the therapeutic regime, mediating anti-inflammatory gut activities, moderating bowel movements that can be upset by the antibiotics, and facilitating regrowth of good flora.

Usefully, E. coli Nissle 1917 does not share genetic elements for antibiotic resistance and will not contribute to antibiotic-resistance in the human gut. It is also sensitive to blood components and gets killed very quickly if it gets into the bloodstream from the gut. This unique aspect of Nissle 1917 makes it a safer probiotic option for individuals at risk of being immune-compromised while on antibiotics."

Macrolides, aka Erythromycin, have said to be really useful to people with CFS. This is just another connection that CFS people tend to have low levels of E. Coli and could benefit from Mutaflor.

15. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

excellent find, thanks @Tarmander

I'm on maybe day 5 and I'm slowly getting better. This is working for me. I'm aiming to overcome chronic constipation that I acquired from drinking milk (which I still drink). I am still taking a bit of cascara but things are healing down there...

16. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

I wonder why milk causes constipation for so many people? Milk drinking is supposed to help the bowels as per Dr. Kellogg. Plus babies who are exclusively breastfed have very very soft stool, it isn't until they start solids their poop firms up. There must be a component to cows milk that causes it. Maybe too much calcium for adults??

17. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Casomorphin??? I think that’s what Travis might say.

18. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

That is awesome. Seems like constipation is a big use for it. Keep us updated

19. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Great ! Do you happen to know if any of the other antibiotics like the tetracyclines or penicilin have the same effect?

20. OP
    Tarmander

Tarmander Member

Seems to be similar:
    [​IMG]