Mutaflor

Korven

I ordered it , wanna try it for my sinus stuff and allergies... Did you try prosymbioflor ?

I've tried both Symbioflor 1 and 2, though not simultaneously.

To be honest I didn't feel much from Symbioflor 1, maybe got some unpleasant herx reactions but can't really remember. Perhaps I would've gotten a more noticeable effect if I took it to treat/prevent sinus and respiratory infections. I feel like daily iodine and colloidal silver nasal rinses helps a lot with keeping my sinuses clear.

Symbioflor 2 felt really good. It felt very relaxing and sort of sedative, E.coli makes serotonin so maybe that was it. Also noticed some better energy from taking it. I have a bottle left so I'm going to try it again at some point.

meeka

@ecstatichamster Do you still have digestive benefits from Mutaflor? I ordered some last week should be showing up tomorrow. Any advice?

@Tarmander Do you still have sleep benefits?/Do you still take Mutaflor?

Any feedback and experiences from others would be very much appreciated as well!

I have constipation and sleep problems. They map one-to-one. Days I am constipated I have trouble falling sleep till very early in the morning. This all started after a dose of Clindamycin a couple years ago. I have managed to mitigate some of the problems of constipation by restricting my diet to a Stan Efferding style vertical diet, but bowel function still isn't the greatest.

This is a bit pricey, but if it works I am more than happy to keep using it. I actually first heard about Mutaflor from reading the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) book. She actually says that constipation is often a deficiency of E. Coli and/or Bifidobacteria in the large intestine. I have been a bit suspicious of probiotics for a while now, but this one seems promising.

meeka

I have been on Mutaflor for about about 9 days now. It has made a major difference in bowel movements. The first couple days I had diarrhea and a mild herx reaction. I would get worse than normal brain fog for a couple hours after taking the Mutaflor. The herx reaction lasted only about 4 days.

I have felt a lot more mentally clear and resilient to stress. I've been able to get more stuff done and have been able to focus on other areas of my life for the first time in a while.

Sleep has been really good. I fall asleep within 15 minutes and stay asleep or most of the night. Any wake ups in the middle of the night are easily resolved by rolling over.

Bowel movements have been softer and easier to pass. I would not say that they are 100%. I suspect that will take time. But I have bowel movements that are easy to pass. I cannot tolerate all foods yet. I did expand my diet to include brassicas like brussel sprouts and cabbage because I read a post from Ken about sulfur rich vegetables being synergistic with Mutaflor.

I will make another post updating after about a month of Mutaflor.

StrongMom

@Mauritio @ecstatichamster

This is an old thread and given your discussions at other threads, you seem to have stopped Mutaflor without much progress. Is that the right interpretation? How long did you take before discontinuing?

Mauritio

@Mauritio @ecstatichamster

This is an old thread and given your discussions at other threads, you seem to have stopped Mutaflor without much progress. Is that the right interpretation? How long did you take before discontinuing?
Yep, long time ago. I took it for 2 months I guess. It continously made me cold and it didnt fix anything major.

StrongMom

Yep, long time ago. I took it for 2 months I guess. It continously made me cold and it didnt fix anything major.
Thanks, that's very helpful. That's exactly what I've been experiencing for a month. I am thinking of quitting.

StrongMom

It worked for me for awhile but not continually and it was something I found myself not using.
Interesting, thank you. After over a month of use, I haven’t seen any little improvement while feeling cold continues. I was thinking if I should continue a bit longer or discontinue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals