Mutaflor

Blossom

Forum Supporter
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Tarmander are you still getting the sleep benefits from Mutaflor?
I am

However I have been messing around with antibiotics so things are a bit all over the place at the moment.

But mutaflor sleep benefits were working for a couple months before I started messing with other things so its pretty effective for me

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

That is interesting. Brand new study too.

I almost stopped reading at this point "There is no real objective evidence for the therapeutic effects of Nissle,"

But the rest of the article is pretty solid. e. coli nissle produces colibactin. They inject colibactin into intestinal cells and find gene mutations.

Looking around I also found this which explains a bit more how e. coli product colibactin: Two more pieces of the colibactin genotoxin puzzle from Escherichia coli show incorporation of an unusual 1-aminocyclopropanecarboxylic acid moiety - Chemical Science (RSC Publishing)!

But back to the original study, it was pretty big! 20 million dollar funding. It has hit all the major news sources as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing Mutaflor sales drop.

Initially I am thinking that use of Mutaflor should be restricted to those who benefit from it. Having decades of constipation resolve itself may be worth the extra cancer risk. And obviously it is a small part of the colorectal cancer picture with only around 5% of colorectal cancers showing signs (A common gut microbe secretes a carcinogen - Hubrecht Institute) of damage from colibactin.

My other thought is that Mutaflor may displace other strains of worse E. Coli. Perhaps after an extended course of mutaflor, taking antibiotic substances known to kill e. coli would then get rid of all the e. coli you have and youd be better off.

There is still evidence that healthy e. coli helps people with auto immune and chronic conditions. Maybe this is a trade off that we now need to be aware of.

I will be interested to see how this study is treated in the coming months. 20 million is a lot to put into a study like this, and I am wondering if there are financial interests that will be revealed.

Guacamayo

@ecstatichamster So are you still taking the Mutaflor still, and if not, why did you stop? I mean, if it was having such a great effect in relieving your constipation?

You mentioned that you were taking 4 a day, was that in the morning, daytime, or at night, and was that with meals or away from meals (and how many hours away from meals)?

Also, I know it was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but how long can this probiotic last without refrigeration? I'm getting mine shipped to me, and even though it's packed with an ice pack, it'll still spend a day or two outside the fridge.

@Tarmander You have to remember that it's really only those who have a reduced amount of E Coli in their gut biome who would stand to gain any benefits from Mutaflor. If you already have adequate levels of E Coli, pounding yourself with more....especially for 5 months which is what they did in the study (from memory I think it's meant to be cycled every few months)...well that's just a recipe for disaster.

@ecstatichamster So are you still taking the Mutaflor still, and if not, why did you stop? I mean, if it was having such a great effect in relieving your constipation?

You mentioned that you were taking 4 a day, was that in the morning, daytime, or at night, and was that with meals or away from meals (and how many hours away from meals)?

Also, I know it was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but how long can this probiotic last without refrigeration? I'm getting mine shipped to me, and even though it's packed with an ice pack, it'll still spend a day or two outside the fridge.

@Tarmander You have to remember that it's really only those who have a reduced amount of E Coli in their gut biome who would stand to gain any benefits from Mutaflor. If you already have adequate levels of E Coli, pounding yourself with more....especially for 5 months which is what they did in the study (from memory I think it's meant to be cycled every few months)...well that's just a recipe for disaster.

still taking mutaflor. 2 twice daily usually after eating. They say it lasts five days at room temperature without losing much efficacy.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I stopped taking Mutaflor for a month or so to work on other protocols

The last week my sleep started to get a little worse, I noticed I was waking at 6am and having a bit of a strung out feeling for the first couple hours of the day

This all culminated with the last couple days waking at 5am, feeling low blood sugar, being wide awake, despite only getting 5-6 hours of sleep.

Yesterday popped a couple mutaflor in the morning and that night slept 8-9 hours, woke up at 7am. Works like a charm.

I’m taking about 4 per day and finding that the constipation is better. I’m having two bowel movements a day, although they are a bit like the rabbit pellets, but still not terrible and I am not taking any cascara, and some days I”m not having fruit and still doing okay. So I would say it is still a benefit.

Aladdin

Where can I buy mataflor in the US?

Not available in US. You can order from this Canadian pharmacy. Mutaflor Probiotic 60 Caps 30 Day Supply with E. coli strain Nissle 1917

Make sure to have it shipped by Express mail. I used their Mutaflor Shipping option, which was slightly cheaper than Express, and the product arrived in 8 days in a cold pack. The weather was hot but the product appeared still active when it arrived as I am able to culture Mutaflor yogurt with it. If I order again I will use Express mail.

O

oldfriend

Well, I bought a few boxes and had them shipped overnight. Tried to make yogurt using a quart of goat milk and the contents of a capsule in a yogourmet yogurt maker for 9 hours. There's no hint of fermentation.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I wanted to throw a recent story in here about Mutaflor.

A few months ago, when I added more beans into my diet, my old problem of waking up early in the morning started to crop its head up. Usually 3-4am depending on what time I went to bed. I would wake, feel shaky like I had low blood sugar. Sometimes my arms and legs would twitch as well.

It wasn't too bad until late June when it started to get bad. In early July, I consulted my notes and remembered about Mutaflor. I also remembered that Mutaflor would tend to cause me some anxiety and I really did not want that, but I decided to do it anyways.

Did it for a month and I was able to sleep in. In that time I started taking cholestyramine and an antifungal, and with the extra sleep made a lot of great progress in my health. I started lifting weight and seeing results. Walks were good. Mood was lifted. It was awesome.

Four days ago, I decided I had been on the mutaflor for a month and it was probably enough that I could go off it(it is pricey!).

Two nights ago, I woke up at 2:45am with higher blood sugar. So I took some insulin which is normally not a problem but surprise surprise...I instantly felt low blood sugar in my arms and legs. They started to twitch and I woke RIGHT up.

As I laid in bed for a couple hours, I said to myself "no way...no ******* way am I giving up the progress I have made in the last couple months over this stupid waking up early." Next morning I took Mutaflor and this morning I slept in just fine.

So to sum up:
•Sleep problem for me comes from gut bugs. Mutaflor is an amazing tool for changing that.

•Microbiome matters so much. If you are operating under a sterile understanding of health, you are missing a huge part of the picture and no wonder sometimes substances do the exact opposite of what they should.