Mutaflor

Super smelly flatulence with mutaflor combined with holigos. Anyone else have this? Trying to ascertain whether that’s a good sign, or a bad sign, or no real sign at all? Thanks for everyone’s input on this thread by the way!

yes to the flatulence.

yerrag

interesting points @yerrag

Not sure if the drop in temperature is a drop in blood sugar. I presume; I don't test this. I know my temperature falls. Now, is it a good or a bad thing?

I am curious if blood sugar falls because my body is somehow reacting against the ECN. Mounting a sort of shock reaction. I have noticed with cortisol or adrenaline, my body temperature falls quite a bit. So perhaps it is that. Similar to consuming coffee too fast without sugar backing it up.

I don't know why your temperature falls. Mine doesn't. It stays steady at 37C no matter what. Perhaps my immune system is put in a state of high alert constantly, and this raises my temperature regardless of blood sugar variation. I have a high wbc count, and a high neutrophil count, which indicates my body is in a constant state of low grade infection. You may not be in a similar state, and your temperature variation is more reflective of your blood sugar level?

I'm taking blood sugar measurements now. Started out at 67 before lunch. An hour later it's only at 74. Then another hour it jumped to 109. Strange, I was expecting it to drop further. But it seems to me that my liver has started converting glycogen stores to glucose and this led to an increase in blood glucose. Means it took less than 2 hours for my meal's sugar input to get exhausted and my blood sugar to drop low enough for glycogenolysis to kick in:

0 hour - 67
1 hour after meal - 74
2 hrs after meal - 109
3 hrs - 102
4 hrs - 102

Not good. Means within the hour after meal, blood glucose would have gone up to 140, then quickly got down to 74 (This meant insulin signalling is messed up as insulin shouldn't be kicking in after a meal yet. But it did, and it drove my blood glucose down quickly. This is an effect of my periodontal bacteria at work. Could possibly me the mechanism at work with your low blood sugar as well, although by other bacteria). Between 1st and 2nd hour, blood sugar went down from 74 to say 60, where glycogenolysis kicks in, increasing blood sugar, and by the end of the 2nd hour, it is at 109.

In better shape, I'd like to see something like this (based on my consult with a naturopath years ago):

0 hour - 78
1 hr - 120
2 hr - 90
3 hr -85
4hr-78
5hr- 78

I should do my own personal oral glucose tolerate test soon for 5 hours and then graph it. I have 70g of glucose (in the form of maltose) on hand. And show you how the graph later, just to show the effect of my periodontal bacteria on my blood glucose control. Really messing it up.

Incidentally, my temperature now mid-day is just at 36.6. So I'm a little cold as well. I think it has to do more with having a stable blood sugar that is high enough, at around 80. Not having a stable blood sugar leads to poor metabolism as well, and low temperatures.

Last edited:

Mauritio

@yerrag if your argument was right then the blood sugar issues should become more and more with time as mutaflor gets more dominant in the gut , but the opposite happens. Both hamster and I have reported less blood sugar swings with time.

yerrag

@yerrag if your argument was right then the blood sugar issues should become more and more with time as mutaflor gets more dominant in the gut , but the opposite happens. Both hamster and I have reported less blood sugar swings with time.
I'm not following. It makes sense that as mutaflor gets more dominant, over time the good bacteria will be overpowering the bad bacteria and establishing a new order of balance, and the dysregulation in blood sugar control will be corrected.

But my impression is that both you and hamster are still having low blood sugar issues. Sorry if I missed the part where you are seeing improvements gradually over time.

My blood sugar issues are unknown because I don’t test blood sugar. I do test temperature. And I would say that the drop in temperature from taking the mutaflor is not all the time, and maybe less often than when I first started.

Sometimes I maintain temperatures even after taking it now. Not always. But it does seem less frequent that my temperatures drop precipitously after taking it.

I do still think it’s a adrenaline and cortisol type reaction. So it probably does affect blood sugar. I just can’t tell because I’m not measuring that.

Mauritio

I'm not following. It makes sense that as mutaflor gets more dominant, over time the good bacteria will be overpowering the bad bacteria and establishing a new order of balance, and the dysregulation in blood sugar control will be corrected.

But my impression is that both you and hamster are still having low blood sugar issues. Sorry if I missed the part where you are seeing improvements gradually over time.

The point was that the blood sugar issues are getting better over time I dont react as violently to it as before, as matter of fact I actually increased my dose from 1 to 2 per day but I didn't want to post to early since its only been a few days ,which is big for me .

And I think nissle stated that mutaflor pretty much overpowers all the bacteria ,even the harmless ones.

Last edited:
my temps are dramatically better after taking mutaflor for awhile. Just in case I wasn't clear. I'm taking 4 per day.

Constipation is dramatically better.

yerrag

Bacteria and humans are alike in many ways. The fringe keeps chipping away at the mainstream until they become the mainstream. Plenty of fence-sitters, sizing up which way the wind blows. A lot of fence-sitters. They're called independents sometimes. Sometimes the silent majority. And sometimes they begin to agree CNN and NYT is propaganda. They are the nail in the coffin. Glad you are finally swaying the fence-sitters in your microbiome.

Mauritio

I'm not sure on what the conclusion of the study is...
Would it be enough to supply more ribose or do you need more fucose to make the mutaflor able to use more ribose?
So do you need both or just one of them?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I'm not sure on what the conclusion of the study is...
Would it be enough to supply more ribose or do you need more fucose to make the mutaflor able to use more ribose?
So do you need both or just one of them?
I think ribose would be the limiter in most our diets.

Mauritio

I think ribose would be the limiter in most our diets.
Right, and I think it has some anti bacterial effects on it's own. I remember some girls in my class that often had bladder infection ,used it successfully against it.
I might try it, I just hope its not allergenic...

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Right, and I think it has some anti bacterial effects on it's own. I remember some girls in my class that often had bladder infection ,used it successfully against it.
I might try it, I just hope its not allergenic...
I tried a tablespoon and didn't notice much.

I think you are thinking of d mannose with the bladder thing

Mauritio

I tried a tablespoon and didn't notice much.

I think you are thinking of d mannose with the bladder thing
Oh yeah , you're right !
So no potentiation of effects ? But I guess you wouldnt feel much as what I'd look for is a lowering of blood sugar, and I think you don't get much of those effects ...

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Oh yeah , you're right !
So no potentiation of effects ? But I guess you wouldnt feel much as what I'd look for is a lowering of blood sugar, and I think you don't get much of those effects ...
Yeah maybe even better sleep but didn’t pay attention.

Zpol

So mutaflor causes gas and flatulence!?

Super smelly flatulence with mutaflor combined with holigos. Anyone else have this? Trying to ascertain whether that’s a good sign, or a bad sign, or no real sign at all? Thanks for everyone’s input on this thread by the way!

yes to the flatulence.

Plus one review on YouTube said it caused explosive flatulence.

So if one's symptoms were IBS with gas and bloating then it would be contraindicated I assume; correct?
I would think those side effects would be worse than constipation.

golder

I'm getting flatulence and bloating and wondering what all this positive press regarding Mutaflor is about?

Sometimes it does. BUT. I stopped all milk and only are eating cheese and the flatulence is GONE.

It was milk + mutaflor = explosive gas

This is fine now. No flatulence at all.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

yeah I never had to deal with gas...some loose stool but thats it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals