Must You Have Surgery For Torn Meniscus - Any Alternatives To Heal ?

DMF

I slipped on some ice and my leg "bent backwards" causing what's very likely a slight tear somewhere inside and in back of my knee, though I hope not. Haven't yet had complete X-Ray and am scared to find out. The pain comes on mostly at rest - I can walk, ride bike - able to push with leg but not "pull"
Assuming the worst, anyone had this happen - and what did they do...? I talked to someone who wore a brace for awhile and forked over alot of money for acupuncture they say helped.

Beastmode

More evasive approaches:
prp injections and stem cell injections are popular.

Less evasive approaches:
Acupuncture, manual therapy via a qualified therapist (an FDM or ART practitioner)

Nutritionally:
All the approved stuff here that's anti-inflammatory, gelatin, aspirin, etc

solothesensei

I've had a torn meniscus since 5 years ago but did not opt for surgery.

Did 3 rounds of BPC-157 and brought it back to 85-90% functionality, but the recovery was never perfect. I get pains after 2-3 sets of squats, or more than 1km of distance running.

OP
D

DMF

Now I'm learning of certain electro-convulsive treatments where wires are attached to the area (knee) sending impulses that, I suppose, invigorate circulation > healing

OP
D

DMF

I've had a torn meniscus since 5 years ago but did not opt for surgery.

Did 3 rounds of BPC-157 and brought it back to 85-90% functionality, but the recovery was never perfect. I get pains after 2-3 sets of squats, or more than 1km of distance running.
BPC-157 sounds like it has similar healing properties as many on Ray Peat claim that Gelatin has.

akgrrrl

I had torn left meniscus for which I first applied many of the alternatives listed on this thread. Little did I know that prev years of lifting that the right knee was damaged, it just wasnt as prohibitive from pain as the left. I found the only orthopede with 16 patents for knee surgery tools, with a recent election as Pres American Orthopedic Society. I chose to be awake during surgery. It was 15 minutes for the left, then exploratory on the right and repair. I went home with a seated walker and both knees in ice, kinda worried about fending for myself alone. In ten days I was doing 100 leg lefts each side and day 11 I mowed my lawn. If the surgeon is experienced, its my opinion this is one of the repairs to human anatomy worthwhile. Squats were never this good. Of course, I'm older, had this done at 57.

psans

I slipped on some ice and my leg "bent backwards" causing what's very likely a slight tear somewhere inside and in back of my knee, though I hope not. Haven't yet had complete X-Ray and am scared to find out. The pain comes on mostly at rest - I can walk, ride bike - able to push with leg but not "pull"
Assuming the worst, anyone had this happen - and what did they do...? I talked to someone who wore a brace for awhile and forked over alot of money for acupuncture they say helped.
LLLT( low level laser therapy) , basically buy an infared bulb at home depot and shine it on the area

DMSO, very bioavailable form of sulfur, buying in a gallon size on ebay is cheapest, and mix 70% DMSo with 30% aloe vera gel.

Check out knees over toes guy on youtube , his videos are great

Check out magnesium oil also

Brothing
Getting alkaline with baking soda

OP
D

DMF

Starting to get better - and all I had to do, what I should've been doing from the start is give my injured side a break when moving about - walk with a limp to one side.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom