Must You Finish Your Antibiotic Prescription

what do you think. I don’t think Dr. Peat thinks you have to. Maybe take a few and see what happens.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm gonna say no. I think Dr. Peat has said to use lower amounts than typically are prescribed, and as you improve stop taking them.

Not sure what he has said exactly. Do you know?

OP
ecstatichamster
further to the above...I was feeling really sick. I took one azithromycin and in 20 minutes felt better. Today I still feel sick but feel strikingly better.

Do I take another or just lay off?

Suikerbuik

I'd interested in knowing this as well. Doctors say always make sure you finish the prescript (high dose usually). Some say doesn't matter, resistance is not really caused by humans and plasmids may be lost. Other people say intermittent low dose to prevent resistance.

jitsmonkey

nothing you've been told about antibiotics is accurate.
take what you need, stop when you want, take as often as you need.
the only important precaution to follow is simply don't take high doses consistently
what's the worst case scenario if you stop today and feel crappy tomorrow
you start again and go a little longer after you start than you did the first time.

Birdie

When I feel worn out and maybe my throat is sore or I think I could be catching a cold, I take a little amoxicillin. I think Ray said he does this for a few days.
I take a 500 mg capsule and divide it into about 10 or 15 capsules. Then, I keep this ready for use. I take maybe 50 mg first dose, then 30 mg morning and evening for a few days. This has been working for me.

OP
ecstatichamster
When I feel worn out and maybe my throat is sore or I think I could be catching a cold, I take a little amoxicillin. I think Ray said he does this for a few days.
I take a 500 mg capsule and divide it into about 10 or 15 capsules. Then, I keep this ready for use. I take maybe 50 mg first dose, then 30 mg morning and evening for a few days. This has been working for me.

I’m gonna try this. Thanks

Owen B

Ray also takes tetracycline at low doses a couple of times a week. It appears that you can take an antibiotic at low dose sporadically and it will not create resistance. You will also get an anti-inflammatory effect. Win-win.

Google "low dose doxycycline". Below 50 mgs/day: anti-inflammatory, over 50 mgs/day: anti-microbial. I'm thinking that even at less than 50 mgs you would probably get some anti-microbial action but not enough to cause resistance. However, the doxy, even at 25 mgs was pretty harsh on my stomach.

I'm going to try and pry some tetra out of my PCP.

SuperStressed

nothing you've been told about antibiotics is accurate.
take what you need, stop when you want, take as often as you need.
the only important precaution to follow is simply don't take high doses consistently
what's the worst case scenario if you stop today and feel crappy tomorrow
you start again and go a little longer after you start than you did the first time.
refreshing post!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals