Music

Jennifer

I wanna learn to play the spoons, man!

Below, Chris Rodrigues & Abby the Spoon Lady, "Angels in Heaven."

She mesmerizes me, the way she moves. She said she was riding the rails and learned to play because she was hungry.
Modern day Hobo Lore is alive!

She's good!

I get a kick out of these guys...

zewe

@Jennifer That was fabulous! I am continually amazed at how humans can bring forth music from the most unlikely implements.

Great rendition of Journey's song. Thank you for that. :10:

Jennifer

My pleasure, @zewe! I'm amazed, too! :)

Amazoniac

Ich liebe Mahler!
You'll enjoy this:
Joachim Horsley - Mahler's Resurrection Rumba (Mahler's 2nd, Cuban Rumba Style)

--
Some of the most obvious cheatings of musicians are adding unnecessary oscillations in order to sustain a note or sliding instead of a straight arrival to it. A few times they do it with the belief that they's ornamenting the music, but they's distorting it instead. Here's the opposite of what I've just described (brutal precision):
Mozart - Die Zauberflöte, K. 620, Act 2 Scene 8: No. 14, Arie, "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" (hopefully I picked the right one, I'm without audio)

Jennifer

I can relate :rolleyes: ...

DrJ

I think Blanco White has a really unique sound. Great voice, real clean acoustic guitar, fantastic live performance, too. El Buho is a good example of his work:

I listen to a bit different music when I code. Been getting into some Starset as some space-opera-y music. Kicking out a lot of code to it. Like this one:

Really like Always Never also when coding. Great collab here:

Terma

Totally forgot this thread. Anyone remember this? Possibly the best 30-second song in the history of mankind.

Also this is how PUFA infiltrated society and pulled the rug from under you.

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

and cant forget the classic.

Terma

Quite like that second one actually.

This is a little more raw, but something I think I greatly underappreciated:

orangeUglad

This the stuff I was looking for (couldn't find the right versions on yt) - guilt-free!

I know it's been almost a year since you shared these songs with me but I just had to come back to say thank you so much. Immortal technique is now my absolute favorite rap artist and has helped me through a lot this past year.

Terma

Oh look there were posts here. I logged in one day, said I had 20 notices then they all disappeared, so I said **** it.

I know it's been almost a year since you shared these songs with me but I just had to come back to say thank you so much. Immortal technique is now my absolute favorite rap artist and has helped me through a lot this past year.
Hey it's all him, too bad he's on some kind of hiatus or only doing guest appearances or something. His Caught In A Hustle (dirty version) was so good. My favorite of that form is the album The Hour Of Reprisal by Ill Bill, this is even more realer if this matters to you:

(He died a few years ago, very sad)

The first one is by Danny Roddy's ex-band, in case you didn't know.
I didn't know! Small world innit, saw someone I know on a T.V. show. That other tune is pretty slick too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals