Music

Jennifer

Nice, guys! :)

ilikecats

@debored13 yeah I like Wayne’s stuff with miles but I like Wayne’s stuff as a leader better tbh (from around that time period). Partially because I like Freddie Hubbard more than Miles Davis

Repas du soir

I used to listen to metal and loud electronic music, but now I mosly listen to sappy, sad, old music.

Last edited:
OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

G Forrest

You wouldn't want to blast voodoo drumming all day, but listening to alternative or experimental music is about exploring, challenge, and risk-taking. And just because rats couldn't figure out the music doesn't mean there's no logic. Many ethnic musical genres like Ghanaian drumming and Javanese Gamelan have very complex but logical systems of rhythm and tuning.

A closed mind is not conducive to a rewarding life.

Yes! I'm reminded of what Peat talks about how adapting to a new environment or having new stimulating conversations is conducive to good health. The history of music is so rich and varied that is worth having an open mind to exploring new forms, much in the way you would travel to a new country or learn a new language.

I do think it's interesting to investigate how different 'sounds' affect brain patterns as the rat study mentioned. However, there is so much variation in specific genres themselves, that it's impossible to generalize that one type of music, such as rock, would across the board have detrimental health effects. To treat this topic scientifically, you would have to look at different ranges of frequencies and their effect on brain responses. Then again, rats have no context for the music either, it's simply noises playing in their environment. They do not understand the lyrics, which convey they're own responses. The setting through which the music is received is also important: at a concert - where there is a whole performance component, at a party with friends, listening on the drive home from work as a way to decompress, working out at the gym, or even engaging in a group protest or spiritual setting, that all can have a specific impact for the individual.

But obviously from personal experience, listening to a lot of aggressive music, or sad music, affects my mood. But again, the lyrical content could also be at play here. It really is about context, and I think an openness to exploring a variety of new music in the right setting is very beneficial to enriching your experience in life.

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

- me and an old best friends favorite song

achillea

Something to consider; the 440HZ music initiated by Rockerfeller which is about everything we hear versus the health benefit of 432HZ music.
There evidently is now an app to convert your 440 to 432

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

Terma

This is the only band in the world I would post in a "what music do you listen do" thread.

For full disclaimer these guys are vegans, but they are more socially inclined than anyone I've ever seen in my life including anyone on this forum.

Sometimes stress/cortisol/PUFA is warranted in sofar as it produces this incredible content. I only wish I could write music this good.

("here's a new one about the military collusion about military propaganda and professional sports" - if you have any intellectual curiosity at all this should pique your interest

I apologize if anyone posted Propagandhi already, I don't have the time/energy to read 10 pages.

So what is good is bad? A catchy melody that makes people feel good is bad? I guess in the same sense that euphoriant drugs are bad? No, that doesn't make sense. What is good is good, it's the fixation to the point of distraction (addiction) that can be bad. I won't let myself degenerate further here into an ontological discussion of what it means for something to be good or bad. Though it is tempting, but I need sleep. And sleep is incontrovertibly good. Except to the likes of Thomas Edison and Margaret Thatcher.

I can't read all 10 pages of this thread, but I feel like you are on to something here - things that make you feel good are probably good to a degree - just don't push it too far - like anything.

orangeUglad

Nothing makes me happier and gives me more motivation than listening to rap music while drinking my first cup of coffee every morning

Terma

Nothing makes me happier and gives me more motivation than listening to rap music while drinking my first cup of coffee every morning

Underrated genre, but I only like it when it's done white (musically-speaking!! Crucifixion begins in...)

Terma

This the stuff I was looking for (couldn't find the right versions on yt) - guilt-free!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals