Mushrooms

kettlebell

Hi everyone,

I seem to remember someone recently asking about mushrooms and whether they fit in to a ray peat approach.

As they are neither fruit or vegetable it was causing confusion so I decided to dig a little and found this.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/12/3288.long

Normal mushrooms do seem to be anti estrogen. I have always eaten them and hadn't stopped as they don't seem to affect me adversely.

If anyone has any evidence as to why we should not eat them please provide it!

Cheers

Steveig84

this would interest me as well, as i have never seen mushroom mentioned in any of peats articles...

I still eat some occationaly as they also have no adverse effects for me...mostly freid in coconut oil/butter and with plenty of salt!

Ray-Z

Thanks for starting this thread, kettlebell. Add me to the list of people who want to learn about mushrooms. In another thread, Narouz and I were talking about Peat-friendly ways to get large doses of salt and saturated fat. If mushrooms are OK, they would be an obvious vehicle for salt and fat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Would be great to get some clarification about mushrooms.

Chemi

The thing that usually springs to mind when I hear of mushrooms is "Copper!".

Ray-Z, if you mean as "food sponges" I totally agree :lol: Whenever there's too much oil or fluid in something I'm making I used to be fond of the way they soak everything up.

Totally forgot about them, starting up a new diet is usually bland before you know what to add back in.

judi

I posted this elsewhere but here it is again:

Re. mushrooms RP once said to me: "Since reading about the chemicals in mushrooms I stopped eating them, but using them occasionally is o.k., probably better than many vegetables."

judi

I know that this is a very old thread but I've just come across it and thought an update was in order.

Somebody I converse with who is in regular touch with RP said in March 2015 that RP now has well cooked mushrooms a couple of times a week for their toxins absorbing properties, as an alternative to bamboo shoots and carrot.

I don't have any details apart from that this person (who tries to emulate RP) cooks them for a long time, maybe an hour.

If anybody has any more details, I'm all ears.

sunmountain

RP advised me a few weeks ago on keeping gut clean with carrot salad, bamboo shoots, and well-cooked white button mushrooms.

Tarmander

Wow this is kind of a trip. Not three weeks ago I started having cravings for mushrooms when I saw them in the store. I've been eating them a couple times a week for the last few weeks now. Haven't noticed much but I likem!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals