Mushrooms Question

Uselis

Quickly went through thread history and failed to find answer.

When people talk about beneficial aspects of mushrooms they mean white button ones. Where I live shops sell shampingons. Is this the same as white button ones?

Thanks

Frankdee20

When people talk about beneficial aspects of mushrooms they mean white button ones. Where I live shops sell shampingons. Is this the same as white button ones?

Thanks

White button have no 5 alpha reductase inhibitors unlike others

Frankdee20

What others you're referring to exactly?

Well, there’s a few different types of common culinary mushrooms.... the white ones seem to have lowest or none at all if I remember the article correctly

jdrop

Thanks
Yes. Do not believe they are the best choice, just cheap and readily available.

Nigel Blake

Well, there’s a few different types of common culinary mushrooms.... the white ones seem to have lowest or none at all if I remember the article correctly
White ones... Not too specific. I would like to read this article if you still have the link. Wait a min could you be referring to this?

Frankdee20

White ones... Not too specific. I would like to read this article if you still have the link. Wait a min could you be referring to this?

Bingo lol ...

hei

Has the agaritine question ever been resolved? Do you just not worry about it?

Happycat

I wanted to ask a question regarding mushrooms, but didn't want to create a separate thead just for this.

One of the main benefits of white button mushrooms is their fibre content, but they contain very little fibre, around 1g per 100g mushrooms.
How is it beneficial if it's so little of it? Do we need to eat big quantities in order to have an effect?