Mushroom Supplements?

poilochio

So cooked Mushrooms have become very peaty right?

Im thinking can one get the same benefits from say a reishi..or cordyceps type supplement?

Area-1255

So cooked Mushrooms have become very peaty right?

Im thinking can one get the same benefits from say a reishi..or cordyceps type supplement?
Cordyceps is more for energy and anti-aging, Reishi confers the most anti-cancer and radioprotective benefits, regular White Button's have the aromatase inhibiting effects for lowering estrogen.

L

lollipop

Cordyceps is more for energy and anti-aging, Reishi confers the most anti-cancer and radioprotective benefits, regular White Button's have the aromatase inhibiting effects for lowering estrogen.
I have taken all of these in the past. They are usually sold as raw powder or capsules, sometimes tinctures. What about needing to cook them to neutralize their potential toxicity?

Area-1255

I have taken all of these in the past. They are usually sold as raw powder or capsules, sometimes tinctures. What about needing to cook them to neutralize their potential toxicity?
It's not necessary to cook them, mushrooms are strange breeds, but one of the things they are good at is resistance to a lot of the garbage that other plants aren't. You have some of the same risks with mushrooms as any plant product, with exception only of some areas in China where there have been claims of mercury in the soil where Cordyceps is grown. I have seen this happen with stuff like Tongkat Ali too, except with Lead and Cadmium concerns. You remove this risk by simply growing your own stuff under organic conditions. If you really wanna go hardcore then plant the stuff under an awning or roof extension. Thus minimizing jet fumes and such.

If you are referring to foreign ligands and glucans of which there has been some debate as to their solubility and digestability, then it's not to worry at low-moderate doses as long as you aren't dehydrating yourself or otherwise depriving yourself of normal detoxification processes.

OP
poilochio

poilochio

Woah ..shrooms are even more badass than i thought..thanks

L

lollipop

It's not necessary to cook them, mushrooms are strange breeds, but one of the things they are good at is resistance to a lot of the garbage that other plants aren't. You have some of the same risks with mushrooms as any plant product, with exception only of some areas in China where there have been claims of mercury in the soil where Cordyceps is grown. I have seen this happen with stuff like Tongkat Ali too, except with Lead and Cadmium concerns. You remove this risk by simply growing your own stuff under organic conditions. If you really wanna go hardcore then plant the stuff under an awning or roof extension. Thus minimizing jet fumes and such.

If you are referring to foreign ligands and glucans of which there has been some debate as to their solubility and digestability, then it's not to worry at low-moderate doses as long as you aren't dehydrating yourself or otherwise depriving yourself of normal detoxification processes.
Thank you!

mirc12354

What about:
The effects of Cordyceps sinensis phytoestrogen on estrogen deficiency-induced osteoporosis in Ovariectomized rats
The effects of Cordyceps sinensis phytoestrogen on estrogen deficiency-induced osteoporosis in Ovariectomized rats

KyleKingsly

dudinator

I don't understand all this exact terminology being discussed here, but it seems like the general gist is that Cordyceps has some sort of estrogenic activity and is thus best left alone?

Some phytoestrogens have such weak activity, that they act as antagonists in the presence of powerful agonists (estradiol), and agonists in the presence of low estrogen activity. At least that's the theory I've seen thrown around. I think that's why sometimes you really just have to go by feel. I've never had problems with any kind of mushroom.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals