Mushroom/bamboo Shoot Mix

Velve921

So recently I've become really big on the mushrooms. For 2 weeks I've been doing boiled mushrooms a day; I boil them for 3 hours and then serve as:

2 cups of mushrooms
1/2-1 tbsp of butter
shredded parmesan reggiano cheese to taste
extra liquid to make soup

I found it absolutely delicious....then close texture and taste to Kraft mac and cheese. I noticed the first few days it definitely would clean me out.

3 days ago I finally decided to try boiled bamboo shoots. I now do the following everyday:

2 cups of mushrooms
1 cup of boiled bamboo shoots
1/2-1 tbsp of butter
shredded parmesan reggiano cheese to taste
1/2-1 cup of low fat milk and less liquid from boiling mushrooms and bamboo shoots

Its honestly the closest to literally Kraft Mac and Cheese I've found so far! The bamboo shoots are not quite as tender as I would choose, but the benefits outweigh that part. Use can obviously use more butter and cheese if you want a stronger taste...I just keep it low to keep my fat intake under 100grams a day.

I've noticed that since starting bamboo shoots armpit B.O. has decreased immensely and blood sugar has improved immensely...not as hungry and can go longer with less food. Could be coincidence? I currently do mushrooms, bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and coffee daily for good bowel function...I eliminate 3-4x a day on avg.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Mushroom and Bamboo Shoots.jpg

Makrosky

Wow. Thanks for sharing!!!

What I don't understand is : Where's the antiseptic substance on your recipes ?

For the carrot salad, although the carrot is itself mildly antiseptic, it is mainly a fiber vehicle for carrying the antiseptics and mop the colon : vinegar+coconut oil+ salt.

But in the bamboo shots you don't use anything antiseptic.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Interesting question...so I have coconut oil and salt with other parts of the day. I always thought that carrot, mushroom, bamboo shoots, and coffee alone regardless created antispetic properties? All I know is when I have these substances regardless of what they are with I have great bowel function and better blood sugar.

Can you explain more?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lightbringer

coolio ! do you cook the shoots together with the mushrooms for 3 hours ? I was thinking of getting the Dynasty brand bamboo shoots from Amazon - which one do you use ?

Also, how do you get the low fat milk in ? do you just add it after its all boiled or do you add it in boiling ? Thanks !

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I boil the mushrooms for 2 hours then add bamboo shoots into the same pot for 1 hour. I use a brand I get from Whole Foods...can't remember the name at the moment as I'm at work. They are canned and it says bamboo shoots and water for ingredients.

Once they are done cooking I put low fat milk in a bowl with butter. Poor the mushroom/bamboo mix into a bowl with some liquid. Then shredd the cheese on top.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just some more updates on mushrooms, I've used them for 1.5 years now. The power of this substance is impressive. I have found that whenever I've had brain fog due to poor food intake, a bowl of white button mushrooms will clear the fog within 2-3 hours; a run toilet is also a byproduct as well. I could have severe temporary depression from poor food and mushrooms can alleviate. Keep the mushrooms in mind everyone!

raypeatclips

Just some more updates on mushrooms, I've used them for 1.5 years now. The power of this substance is impressive. I have found that whenever I've had brain fog due to poor food intake, a bowl of white button mushrooms will clear the fog within 2-3 hours; a run toilet is also a byproduct as well. I could have severe temporary depression from poor food and mushrooms can alleviate. Keep the mushrooms in mind everyone!

Do you still eat them whole like your picture above, or have you begun grinding them down like people on here have discussed recently?

I’m upping mushroom intake. And I think I’ll cook shoots with the mushrooms this weekend. I grind it all up. Thanks.

Jehonadab

Is it necessary to boil mushrooms for 3 hours? Also why not boil the bamboo shoots longer to soften them more or does softening them more defeat some of their benefit.?