Muscle twitching/jerking from sugar?

Judd Crane

Anyone else had this? Yesterday I replaced my usual starches for one meal with sucrose (about 60g). At night when relaxing in bed i experienced some light muscle twitching. I usually drink 1L of juice and half a HD ice cream, which never gives me any issues.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this? Or would could help the issue?

benkiller47

Anyone else had this? Yesterday I replaced my usual starches for one meal with sucrose (about 60g). At night when relaxing in bed i experienced some light muscle twitching. I usually drink 1L of juice and half a HD ice cream, which never gives me any issues.

Magnesium/Vitamin B1 deficiency most probably.
Drink water kefir with it and supplement mag bysglicinate and small amounts of B1

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Magnesium/Vitamin B1 deficiency most probably.
Drink water kefir with it and supplement mag bysglicinate and small amounts of B1
Thanks for the tip! Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)?

mostlylurking

Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)
I think it would be helpful for you to take the time to learn about thiamine. Here are some links to information:

a recent paper about thiamine: The Role of Thiamin in High Calorie Malnutrition

a video crash course:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

The high starch in the diet uses up B-1 too.

benkiller47

Thanks for the tip! Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)?
More likely b1 but must use tons of magnesium also. So supplement both.

Also you can drink water kefir (very easy to make and of the best thing ever for your health) it's gonna help you metabolize sugar properly and help restaure/protect/enrich gut Flora which is the most beneficial thing there is basically (almost all modern problems come from there.)

Drink the water kefir WITH the meal of sugar (or anything else)