• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Muscle twitching/jerking from sugar?

Judd Crane

Anyone else had this? Yesterday I replaced my usual starches for one meal with sucrose (about 60g). At night when relaxing in bed i experienced some light muscle twitching. I usually drink 1L of juice and half a HD ice cream, which never gives me any issues.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this? Or would could help the issue?

benkiller47

Anyone else had this? Yesterday I replaced my usual starches for one meal with sucrose (about 60g). At night when relaxing in bed i experienced some light muscle twitching. I usually drink 1L of juice and half a HD ice cream, which never gives me any issues.

Magnesium/Vitamin B1 deficiency most probably.
Drink water kefir with it and supplement mag bysglicinate and small amounts of B1

Judd Crane

Magnesium/Vitamin B1 deficiency most probably.
Drink water kefir with it and supplement mag bysglicinate and small amounts of B1
Thanks for the tip! Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)?

mostlylurking

Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)
I think it would be helpful for you to take the time to learn about thiamine. Here are some links to information:

a recent paper about thiamine: The Role of Thiamin in High Calorie Malnutrition

a video crash course:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

The high starch in the diet uses up B-1 too.

benkiller47

Thanks for the tip! Which one would you think is more likely (given that I can consume the same amount of carbs in the form av starch without an issue)?
More likely b1 but must use tons of magnesium also. So supplement both.

Also you can drink water kefir (very easy to make and of the best thing ever for your health) it's gonna help you metabolize sugar properly and help restaure/protect/enrich gut Flora which is the most beneficial thing there is basically (almost all modern problems come from there.)

Drink the water kefir WITH the meal of sugar (or anything else)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Y Frequent muscle twitching after supplementing 25 mg Zinc Picolinate Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
superGrover Muscle Twitching After Applying Magnesium Serum Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
mayweatherking Increased Vit D Supplementation Leads To Muscle Twitching mayweatherking 38
JohnBonham Please Help, Desperate For Muscle Twitching Relief Ask For Help or Advice 19
J muscle twitching/parethesias Ask For Help or Advice 10
aliml Elevated CO2 Levels Delay Skeletal Muscle Repair by Increasing Fatty Acid Oxidation Articles & Scientific Studies 4
tseri12 Bruising, calf muscle tender to touch, & spider veins Skin 16
atlee7757 SALT and Muscle Cramps Sodium 10
haidut Vitamin D3 anabolic, calcitriol catabolic for muscle/thymus Scientific Studies 4
J Calcium and muscle cramps Ask For Help or Advice 2
Nuri55 Respiratory muscle weakness due to Cushings Disease Ask For Help or Advice 13
M Magnesium malate helps my chronic muscle tension Ask For Help or Advice 21
R Is possible gain muscle only in concentric training Metabolism 2
Jon444 Spellbreaker’s Ascending Muscle Solitarium - A Peatybuilding Video Log Logs 32
haidut Niacinamide increases aerobic capacity, muscle endurance in humans Scientific Studies 7
biggirlkisss Muscle soreness when hitting same muscle group Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hans How much does muscle matter for energy expenditure and fat loss Articles & Scientific Studies 21
N Muscle metabolism Metabolism 3
haidut Muscle weakness / wasting linked to poor mitochondrial function Scientific Studies 0
C Does muscle meat have more Glycine ? Diet 16
ecstatichamster Lowering starch and muscle meat making fat loss easy Digestion, Gut Flora 55
PeatBull Problem with building muscle... Exercise 14
Eldermusl57 Codium Fragile seaweed potential muscle and endurance enhancer Ray Peat Topics 1
F My stack for testosterone, anxiety, inflammation and muscle growth: reasonable? Supplements 54
Pina Muscle wasting, inflammation, and fibrosis. Please help Ask For Help or Advice 35
AlexR Red Light Nearly DOUBLES Muscle Growth From Training Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 36
R BCAAs, commonly taken for muscle growth, may decrease muscle growth! Scientific Studies 5
T What could be done about extreme muscle rigidity/tension/tightness due to past klonopin (benzo) use? Ask For Help or Advice 14
theantagonist Muscle gain log: androsterone + progesterone + pregnenelone + DHEA Exercise 24
R Muscle twitches, restless legs and insomnia? Ask For Help or Advice 30
R Pregnenolone Improving Posture/muscle Tightness? Supplements 11
S Vitamin E - Muscle Loss Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
Sefton10 Fruit Supplementation Reduces Indices Of Exercise-induced Muscle Damage: A Systematic Review And Met Exercise 0
haidut Vitamin B3 May Treat "incurable" Muscle Disease Scientific Studies 9
Hgreen56 Is Limiting Insulin Besides Minimize Fat Gain Also Minimize Muscle Gain? Weight 5
O DHEA And Muscle Growth Thyroid and Hormones 6
zarrin77 High Potassium Helps To Increase Muscle Mass Compared To Low Potassium Diet In Mice Scientific Studies 12
zarrin77 Thiamine HCL May Increase Muscle Mass Scientific Studies 15
B Please Help, Severe Muscle Wasting Blood Sugar 55
Mito Potato Protein Has An Essential Amino Acid Content Similar To Human Skeletal Muscle Articles & Scientific Studies 22
Soren Cyst In Glute Muscle, Infected Treatment Help Symptoms, Causes 0
SuperStressed Boiling Meat: Does It Leach The Muscle Protein Into The Liquid? Diet, Recipes 1
Julian NEED SOME HELP: Muscle And Tendon Aches Since Peating Diet 5
T Those Who've Built Considerable Lean Muscle, Were There Any Surprising Game-changers In Diet Or Life Ask For Help or Advice 21
I Muscle Growth, Dopamine Weight 2
S Easily Gaining/keeping Fat And Muscle On Calorie Restricted Diet? Metabolism 1
jzeno Branched-chain Amino Acid Plus Glucose Supplement Reduces Exercise-induced Delayed Onset Muscle Sore Scientific Studies 0
P Ray Peat Recommends 1g Protein Per Lb For Muscle Diet 38
E Turkey Tail Extract Turns Ordinary Muscle Into Super Muscle Scientific Studies 1
Aleeri Aesthetics / Muscle / Dieting Weight 126