Muscle Twitching After Applying Magnesium Serum

superGrover

Hi guys!

As far as I understand, muscle twitching is a way of the body telling it needs more magnesium. Does anyone know why muscles start to twitch after? Normally the muscle twitching happens sporadically, but after applying magnesium serum it happens multiple times on thesame day.

gately

There are other causes for twitching besides magnesium deficiency. Perhaps you are low in another electrolyte and the magnesium is driving one of them down?

Let us know when you figure this out. Will be curious what you uncover.

TheSir

I've had bouts of twitching for years and I never quite understood where they come from and what makes them go away. Sometimes it's magnesium, other times potassium, sometimes salt, other times water. Sometimes my muscles twitch a lot and other times they don't twitch at all. There seems to be no logic to it.

Recoen

Hi guys!

As far as I understand, muscle twitching is a way of the body telling it needs more magnesium. Does anyone know why muscles start to twitch after? Normally the muscle twitching happens sporadically, but after applying magnesium serum it happens multiple times on thesame day.
In addition to the other electrolytes, are you getting enough B1?

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Hi guys!

could be repletion. could be repletion exposing a different deficiency. could be partial repletion and the body wants some more. I supplement 1g of mag transdermally daily and I still notice incramental improvements so the repletion process takes longer than you'd think imo

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Thanks for the quick responses! I checked my chronometer and it says my potassium is low, around 40% of what it probably should be. I get around 1800-1900mg a day. Do you guys use supplements for potassium, or just food?

B1 is looking good (130%), and salt I don't know, but should be good as I use it often and pretty richly.
As for water, it's always at least 2 liters spread thoughout the day.

Recoen

Thanks for the quick responses! I checked my chronometer and it says my potassium is low, around 40% of what it probably should be. I get around 1800-1900mg a day. Do you guys use supplements for potassium, or just food?

B1 is looking good (130%), and salt I don't know, but should be good as I use it often and pretty richly.
As for water, it's always at least 2 liters spread thoughout the day.
Many find they need to supplement B1. Especially if you’re eating or drinking anything with thiaminases. And if you’re consuming a lot of carbs.
I drink watermelon juice, oj, and eat dairy for potassium.

CaptJim

One of the symptoms of low calcium is muscle twitching.
It may be that the mg : Ca ratio is affected after your supplementation.

magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus potassium are all needed, at all times in different amounts. By taking extra of one you may be upsetting the apple cart until balance is reached.

Easy way to check. Try the mg again. If you get twitchy take a Tums or an eggshell calcium and see if that fixes the problem. If it does you know it is Ca related.