Muscle twitches, restless legs and insomnia?

OP
R

revenant

It's strange how the muscle twitches and restless legs can be triggered by one night of drinking. I know alcohol can deplete thiamine but I would've thought it takes chronic alcoholism to do that.

Perry Staltic

Restless legs is serotonin. Try a little cypro. Anything that improves gut health such as cascara should help.

This is what came to my mind. Is OP taking any serotonergic meds/supplements/OTC stuff?

gaze

It's strange how the muscle twitches and restless legs can be triggered by one night of drinking. I know alcohol can deplete thiamine but I would've thought it takes chronic alcoholism to do that.
it's more likely depleting magnesium, from the constant urination from drinking, although thiamine is probsbly still involved

OP
R

revenant

it's more likely depleting magnesium, from the constant urination from drinking, although thiamine is probsbly still involved

I'm also taking 200 mg of magnesium carbonate at the same time as thiamine, but you might be right. The symptoms of a magnesium deficiency sound very similar to thiamine deficiency. Also I read that drinking carbonated sodas can deplete it, and I've started drinking 1-2 cans of coke per day a while ago.

gaze

I'm also taking 200 mg of magnesium carbonate at the same time as thiamine, but you might be right. The symptoms of a magnesium deficiency sound very similar to thiamine deficiency. Also I read that drinking carbonated sodas can deplete it, and I've started drinking 1-2 cans of coke per day a while ago.
for what it's worth, ray said in hypothyroid people, supplementing magnesium is enough to keep symptoms at bay for about an hour or a day, but the body can't retain it for much longer. Thyroid is the ultimate problem, but of course it's also the hardest thing to solve as i'm sure your aware

Perry Staltic

I'm taking methylene blue (0,5-2 mg), but I thought it doesn't increase serotonin at such low doses?

From what I've been reading serotonin toxicity is a pretty complex topic involving synthesis, metabolism, receptors, platelet activation, etc. that can all be affected by different things. Maybe discontinue the methylene blue for a while to see if your symptoms go away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals