Muscle metabolism

Nimo

Hello, im wonder, can we separate metabolism to two ? muscle metabolism and body metabolism? i know muscles can be part as body metabolism. but
i can train in gym intense and doing HIIT like sprints, that can increase how fast muscle can get energy and how much, but at same time, i can have low body metabolism because those trainings supress thyroid function so metabolism by thyroid can be decreased. Does bodybuilders have high metabolism as they mention or they just have high muscle metabolism?

what i find is that if i increase my muscle metabolism, im hungry all the time, even i eat like 400 or 500 g carbs. and it looks like i cant stay to long without food.

whats your thought and experience guys ?do we need high muscle metabolism too ?
@Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello, im wonder, can we separate metabolism to two ? muscle metabolism and body metabolism? i know muscles can be part as body metabolism. but
i can train in gym intense and doing HIIT like sprints, that can increase how fast muscle can get energy and how much, but at same time, i can have low body metabolism because those trainings supress thyroid function so metabolism by thyroid can be decreased. Does bodybuilders have high metabolism as they mention or they just have high muscle metabolism?

what i find is that if i increase my muscle metabolism, im hungry all the time, even i eat like 400 or 500 g carbs. and it looks like i cant stay to long without food.

whats your thought and experience guys ?do we need high muscle metabolism too ?
@Hans
The muscle burns a certain amount of energy at rest and this amount goes up slightly as muscle mass goes up. A natural bber doesn't have much higher calorie requirements than a sedentary individual. What matters the most is non-exercise activity thermogenesis, which is basically when you walk, fidget, scratch yourself, etc. That can increase calories usage by up to 2000 extra calories per day.

Other than the skeletal muscle, the organs also have a very high metabolic rate, so large organs, supported by androgens, can also speed up the metabolic rate. Chronically elevated cortisol is catabolic to organs and can slow the metabolic rate.

Weight and sprints don't suppress the metabolism unless overdone. Long duration exhaustive exercise is more likely to be anti-metabolic.

OP
N

Nimo

The muscle burns a certain amount of energy at rest and this amount goes up slightly as muscle mass goes up. A natural bber doesn't have much higher calorie requirements than a sedentary individual. What matters the most is non-exercise activity thermogenesis, which is basically when you walk, fidget, scratch yourself, etc. That can increase calories usage by up to 2000 extra calories per day.

Other than the skeletal muscle, the organs also have a very high metabolic rate, so large organs, supported by androgens, can also speed up the metabolic rate. Chronically elevated cortisol is catabolic to organs and can slow the metabolic rate.

Weight and sprints don't suppress the metabolism unless overdone. Long duration exhaustive exercise is more likely to be anti-metabolic.

that muscle metabolism mean only when muscle is not trained, i mean if bodybuilder have 20kg more muscle he have little bit higher metabolism, yes, but if someone who is training sprints and weights burn more calories next 24 or 48 hours after training because muscle take alot energy after training. if muscles are not trained they dont take to much energy. i think this mean muscle metabolism increase after training and then go almost to normal when no trained

Tripodi

that muscle metabolism mean only when muscle is not trained, i mean if bodybuilder have 20kg more muscle he have little bit higher metabolism, yes, but if someone who is training sprints and weights burn more calories next 24 or 48 hours after training because muscle take alot energy after training. if muscles are not trained they dont take to much energy. i think this mean muscle metabolism increase after training and then go almost to normal when no trained
Let me preference my suggestion by saying, I Am still learning. Our body and muscles are all One Organism meaning there is only one metabolism. How muscles metabolize energy is going to depend on what you feed them to include the intensity of exercise. What exactly are you seeking to know more about ? Are you wondering if training as hard as you do is serving your health long term ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals