Multivitamins

AndrogenicJB

Are multivitamins like Thorne Basic nutrients bio-available? Are they synthetic or mostly derived from food sources?

Motif

Would like to know too.

would Multis be a good source to get a good support of all nutrients or are many not absorbed from it ?

i know people who take tons of supplements daily - wouldn’t it make sense to just take a multi vitamin ?

Ben.

Some people recommend daily multivitamins, arguing that we need it due to food being less nutritious or due to lacking dietary consistency.

Personally the more i get to know about the human body and supplements (looking at the fat soluble especially), but also from my own experientation, i woudln't recommend them long term.

Are multivitamins like Thorne Basic nutrients bio-available? Are they synthetic or mostly derived from food sources?

I dont know about Thorne's one specifically. Most Vitamins are made synthetically or/and are derived from modified bacteria.

Theres a few, usually vegan enthustiastic companies making B Vitamins from quinoa for example but i am not aware of how this is done specifically.

Unless it is listed on the ingridient list / or on the serving table, it is very unlikely it is derived from foods. Barely any company does this. If you know/find some good ones let me know.
In doubt you need to contact the company and ask (assuming they are not liyng).