Multivitamin Made Me Worse

beachbum

Hi all,

Well once again I tried multivitamins and made me hyper, extremely hungry, agitated, aggressive in a bad way. I also experienced sleepiness. I'm thinking maybe i use vitamins from food pretty well and the multivitamins over stimulate me more or increases serotonin. I didn't take any today and doing fine, just over night..weird. I was taking half a vitamin every morning up until yesterday and today didn't take any and feel fine. Im very sensitive to most things and they affect me within at least 2 days or that day. I was taking then for at least 2 weeks and couldn't understand why I was feeling that way.. anyway no more vitamins. I am taking digestive enzymes and doing fine on them so far.

Thank you
Beachbum

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Those are cholinergic symptoms. Probably from choline in your multivitamin.
Hi DaveFoster,

That is very interesting. I looked it up and read the symptoms. I forgot to mention that I was sweating alot, my eyes where constantly watery and I have a history of diagnosis of antibodies. Also weakness, itchy. So you are so right. I know RP has said certain b vitamins and give negative affects.

Thank you very much.
Beachbum

Aspekt

There's a lot of things it could be, low quality/allergenic forms of minerals, weird excipients, contaminants. They seem to be generally designed for ticking a checklist of ingredients rather than what would actually be helpful and well utilized.

Hugh Johnson

There's a lot of things it could be, low quality/allergenic forms of minerals, weird excipients, contaminants. They seem to be generally designed for ticking a checklist of ingredients rather than what would actually be helpful and well utilized.
The only multivitamins I'd ever use are those made by Haidut. Other then Haidut's most of them seem like a net negative.

dookie

Hi all,

Well once again I tried multivitamins and made me hyper, extremely hungry, agitated, aggressive in a bad way. I also experienced sleepiness. I'm thinking maybe i use vitamins from food pretty well and the multivitamins over stimulate me more or increases serotonin. I didn't take any today and doing fine, just over night..weird. I was taking half a vitamin every morning up until yesterday and today didn't take any and feel fine. Im very sensitive to most things and they affect me within at least 2 days or that day. I was taking then for at least 2 weeks and couldn't understand why I was feeling that way.. anyway no more vitamins. I am taking digestive enzymes and doing fine on them so far.

Thank you
Beachbum

I have similar symptoms to you when I take a multi, and I get them even when I use individual (and pure) vitamins, like B1 or B2. I don't think the symptoms are from choline or from excipients, as I've used pure thiamine and got the same symptoms.

Do you also get muscle spasms, restlessness, depression?

I've noticed the symptoms last for a few days at least. It's probably from a general allergenic reaction, maybe with serotonin, histamine, etc involved. With that said, I haven't found anything to block this reaction, even cyproheptadine doesn't stop the side-effects of vitamins

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hello all,

I have an kind of update. well anyway multivitamin I take know just knock me out like a sleeping pill. please give explanations why. last night I said to my boyfriend I want to sleep good I 'll take a multivitamin. along with it knocking me out I felt like I ran into a wall, it was difficult get going and my muscles hurt. still a little tired. im done with multivitamins. just want to add alvee does the same except I feel good when I wake. I forgot to add that vitamin d makes me sleepy as does being out in sun. if I take a vitamin d it as well knocks me out.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals