Multiple Personalities, Multiple States Of Health

bodacious

I found this article from 1988 in the NY Times

I though this would inspire some interesting thoughts on this forum:

WHEN Timmy drinks orange juice he has no problem. But Timmy is just one of close to a dozen personalities who alternate control over a patient with multiple personality disorder. And if those other personalities drink orange juice, the result is a case of hives.​

The hives will occur even if Timmy drinks orange juice and another personality appears while the juice is still being digested. What's more, if Timmy comes back while the allergic reaction is present, the itching of the hives will cease immediately, and the water-filled blisters will begin to subside.​

Probing the Enigma of Multiple Personality

spicegirl

I find this kind of stuff amazing! I had a friend who completely healed from celiac after going to a church program for a week. If I hadn't seen it, if have never believed it. I think the mind is incredibly powerful!

BibleBeliever

I found this article from 1988 in the NY Times

I though this would inspire some interesting thoughts on this forum:

WHEN Timmy drinks orange juice he has no problem. But Timmy is just one of close to a dozen personalities who alternate control over a patient with multiple personality disorder. And if those other personalities drink orange juice, the result is a case of hives.​

The hives will occur even if Timmy drinks orange juice and another personality appears while the juice is still being digested. What's more, if Timmy comes back while the allergic reaction is present, the itching of the hives will cease immediately, and the water-filled blisters will begin to subside.​

Probing the Enigma of Multiple Personality
The stress of low blood sugar can make people act entirely different, so it makes sense.
Many times when under physical stress doing manual labor; my mind would not function properly; stress takes over then anger, etc. Having a good source of sugar can change that almost instantly, causing me to laugh and be happy again.
Peat is right about orange juice; nothing more refreshing after a long hard days work, with endless sweating, than coming home to some sweet sweet orange juice. A lot of the others go for beer, but they are missing out on the greatness of orange juice.

Regina

Wow, thanks for sharing this @Regina!
It blew me away. It's understandable. I pity the guy because he can't seem to find a reality to live in. He was recently arrested for a DUI and dilautid, valium, ambien, vicodin and THC was found in him.
That's an "I don't want to be here" cocktail.

spicegirl

@Regina, I still think there's something interesting to be learned from the multiple personalities thing. I mean, it just seems like the brain is actually in control of how food is metabolized. Depending upon "who" it brings forth at any given time, there may or may not be food allergies present? Fascinating! The body's reaction to food completely changes based on the person the brain thinks it is at this moment. There's something to be learned in that about the brain's involvement in how food gets metabolized.

dookie

@spicegirl

You have it backwards. The general health of the body govern the mind. Essentially, with low blood sugar, or wrong hormonal level, allergies are present, and eye gets darker, personality worsens, etc. The differences in behavior and personality can change immensely, based on things like serotonin and estrogen levels at a particular time. You can't meditate yourself to get rid of allergies.

Jason_I

I've always found this stuff utterly fascinating, even if many portrayals of this kind of stuff in modern media (films etc) are more 'Point at shout!' rather than explored the other side. Thanks for the link, Regina! Bookmarked and will be giving this a read later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals