Multi Racial Society - The Biggest Stressor Of Them All?

Cloudhands

I defer to Great Aristotle on this matter:
I feel more 'philia' or at least a feeling of brotherliness with people of many different ethnicities than I ever will with people of the same ethnicity as me, who believe that races and ethnicities are better kept seperate. My best friends come in all colors and our meeting of minds is not hindered by this. Everything is infinitely/abstractly different as much as it is the same, meaning that i can find common ground between anyone and do not set limits nor boundaries to communcation. If someone does not pose as an immediate threat to me, which is different than a suspected threat based on prejudices and generalized expectations, than i do not experience a stress response of any sort. If i were to become stressed by percieving someone's beingness within my presence, and they arent posing any acute threats, than i am imposing a stress response toward myself, much more than they are imposing any response toward me. Fear is a nasty thing, and while i understand blaming anyone for said fears is not pragmatic, i think it is important to hold people accountable to process these fears so that whoever they are afraid of isnt persecuted, nor treated poorly. I resonate with @dhtsupreme 's message 100%

Pistachio

I feel more 'philia' or at least a feeling of brotherliness with people of many different ethnicities than I ever will with people of the same ethnicity as me, who believe that races and ethnicities are better kept seperate. My best friends come in all colors and our meeting of minds is not hindered by this. Everything is infinitely/abstractly different as much as it is the same, meaning that i can find common ground between anyone and do not set limits nor boundaries to communcation. If someone does not pose as an immediate threat to me, which is different than a suspected threat based on prejudices and generalized expectations, than i do not experience a stress response of any sort. If i were to become stressed by percieving someone's beingness within my presence, and they arent posing any acute threats, than i am imposing a stress response toward myself, much more than they are imposing any response toward me. Fear is a nasty thing, and while i understand blaming anyone for said fears is not pragmatic, i think it is important to hold people accountable to process these fears so that whoever they are afraid of isnt persecuted, nor treated poorly. I resonate with @dhtsupreme 's message 100%
In-group, out-group behaviour is as old as mankind. You can think you feel brotherliness all you want until one day you are victimized because of what group you appear to belong to. Most multi-culturalists have to learn the hard way how it really is (they get assaulted, raped, or murdered for being what they are). There is a reason multi-ethnic societies have never lasted very long.

Regardless of that, multiculturalism is actually part of a long-range Soviet strategy to destabilize the West. But let's leave that for another thread perhaps.

Pistachio

Kenny

In-group, out-group behaviour is as old as mankind. You can think you feel brotherliness all you want until one day you are victimized because of what group you appear to belong to. Most multi-culturalists have to learn the hard way how it really is (they get assaulted, raped, or murdered for being what they are). There is a reason multi-ethnic societies have never lasted very long.

Regardless of that, multiculturalism is actually part of a long-range Soviet strategy to destabilize the West. But let's leave that for another thread perhaps.
what do you mean mutli-cultural societies didn't last very long

the most powerful and longest lasting empires in history were extremely diverse

Rome/Ottoman Empire/Safavid Persia/Mongol empire

lol after reading your last line i guess this was a joke i fell for

Pistachio

what do you mean mutli-cultural societies didn't last very long

the most powerful and longest lasting empires in history were extremely diverse

Rome/Ottoman Empire/Safavid Persia/Mongol empire

lol after reading your last line i guess this was a joke i fell for

What race were the ancient Romans? A quick rundown of Italian ethnogenesis​

GelatinGoblin

It seems in this forum our understanding of stress from PUFA, SSRI, food, and isolation impacts us.
What about the stress/trauma of having to leave your home and going to an unfamiliar place with nothing? Doing that in your own country is difficult enough. This is another continent.
Being that they're starting from the bottom on top of that, socioeconomic status is going to play a factor in behavior like increased propensity to violence or learned helplessness (all high serotonin, high stress hormones) on top of the stress before they got there.

Very interesting, thanks. Seems likely

GelatinGoblin

Growing up in a town of whites, blacks, latinos, asians, there's the same culture which is american culture and then the culture they're descendants of. At that point there's not much of an issue since they all speak the same language, wear similar clothes, go to the same schools. There's just people with different traits. If you're a nice individual you're going to want to be around other nice individuals. If you have an interest in sports, you'll gravitate towards others interested in the same sport regardless of how they look.

I only see issues with older people who I believe have lowered metabolism/thinking ability. They're stuck with old patterns of thinking/behavior and can't see from a different perspective. This is simply a human trait and environmentally dependent

I truly believe race will not be that important the further we go and in multicultural societies, like fine wine, it gets better with age. They'll become more and more similar as time goes on. We're just in the beginning stages where it's rough at first. Think about what 100 years of integration brings (possibly almost no differences).

I think societies that can integrate with different cultures will eventually be some of the sharpest and most ahead since there'll be continued mixing (big fear for some of you lol) and ideally there's chance for the best genes to continue on (larger pool of genes). Hope I didn't offend anyone since this is simply a discussion after all
New perspective... Maybe :wink