MUFA & PUFA increase inflammation; SFA decreases it

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has said that MUFA is more or less neutral when it comes to health effects but since it is unsaturated it should probably be avoided when possible, unless it comes from olive oil. This study seems to back his claims up. So much for the healthy Mediterranean diet, whose effects I believe are much more due to lifestyle in those countries than diet.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/04 ... terol.html

YuraCZ

Well grass fed animal fats and coconut oils are safe but even these you can't eat big amounts. I don't see any reason why still use even olive oil.. :naughty

BobbyDukes

If you eat any amount of fat in your diet, avoiding MUFA is more impossible than avoiding PUFA (unless you're on a weird skimmed milk and coconut oil diet). Another reason to eat as lower fat as is possible.

YuraCZ

BobbyDukes said:
If you eat any amount of fat in your diet, avoiding MUFA is more impossible than avoiding PUFA (unless you're on a weird skimmed milk and coconut oil diet). Another reason to eat as lower fat as is possible.
I'm hungry all the time like crazy on low fat diet. Even if I consume 3000kcal+ in carbs and protein.. I don't need extra fat in meals. Eggs, full fat milk, some chocolate and I'm fine. :)

jyb

BobbyDukes said:

That's not the dietary conclusion of the blog and MUFA is not toxic like PUFA is. I've even seen Ray recommend olive oil once. Not that I personally go for olive oil, I personally prefer fat from whole milk and thick double cream...

tara

I've seen RP say that a tsp/day of olive oil is reasonable. That'd be just enough for a carrot salad dressing, if you like it that way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals