Mucuna Pruriens

Mossy

Hello,

I can share my very limited experience, but with a little searching, you can find thoughts from much greater and scientific minds ;).

At first it makes me feel relaxed and calm, which I'm assuming is a a dopamine effect. But, after a few days of taking it, my liver will hurt and something starts to feel off -- I can't place it exactly, but like it has too much of a mental/psychological influence.

I didn’t seem to respond to it, no effect. Thought it would be like l-tyrosine, have you tried this? The ltyrosine loses its effectiveness fast. The first week I was pretty elated.

OP
J

Jing

Hello,

I can share my very limited experience, but with a little searching, you can find thoughts from much greater and scientific minds ;).

At first it makes me feel relaxed and calm, which I'm assuming is a a dopamine effect. But, after a few days of taking it, my liver will hurt and something starts to feel off -- I can't place it exactly, but like it has too much of a mental/psychological influence.
Is Mucuna bad for the liver?

OP
J

Jing

I didn’t seem to respond to it, no effect. Thought it would be like l-tyrosine, have you tried this? The ltyrosine loses its effectiveness fast. The first week I was pretty elated.
Yes, I've tried l-tyrosine .. the first time I tried it a few years ago I felt good .. I had good focus, energy, motivation .. just felt good overall but this only lasted about 1 hour . I can't seem to get the same effect anymore, l-tyrosine does nothing for me now .. know why this could be?

Mossy

Is Mucuna bad for the liver?
I don't know enough about it to confirm that, but I have read that it can effect the liver and WebMD does note that it can affect blood sugar and enzymes.

I do recall, when I had the liver pain, that I specifically tested the mucuna pruriens to see if they were the cause and they were. I should note that other things cause me liver pain as well -- so, maybe you won't be as sensitive.

vulture

Just adding some: I have being taking it for few weeks, I just have something for sure: I wouldn’t take it (at least not my 4 or 5 grams) before sleep, seems to disturb it when you take it before bed
BTW, I expect to soon test my LH, FSH, T

ANDREW CHIN

I used to take it in bulk powder form, purchased from Longevity Warehouse. I took it to support my jing (your primal essence in Taoist herbalism) and libido. I never noticed much of a difference. But then again, I'm already pretty healthy, and I don't have Parkinson's.

I did hear a story once from David Wolfe, though. This lady came up to him at a conference, and she had terrible shakes from Parkinson's. Wolfe added two tablespoons of mucuna to a young coconut, shook it up, inserted a straw, and gave it to her. She consumed the mucuna with the coconut water, and two minutes later, her shaking stopped completely. Now that's fast!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals