MT1 and MT2 natural agonist

cureme

Hi guys, how are you?

I'm looking for natural substances (mainly herbal) with MT1 and MT2 receptor agonist function, can anyone indicate something?

vetiver

Hi guys, how are you?

I'm looking for natural substances (mainly herbal) with MT1 and MT2 receptor agonist function, can anyone indicate something?
Not natural but agomelatine is an MT1 and MT2 agonist as well as being a 5ht2C antagonist. What's your purpose in seeking out MT1/MT2 agonism?

OP
cureme

cureme

Not natural but agomelatine is an MT1 and MT2 agonist as well as being a 5ht2C antagonist. What's your purpose in seeking out MT1/MT2 agonism?
I am looking for a natural substitute for Agomelatine

dukesbobby777

Melatonin itself.

I don't think you will find anything herbal. I'm only aware of pharmaceutical options.

vetiver

Not direct agonists but korean red ginseng upregulates M1 and M2 genes. Anti-aging effects of Korean Red Ginseng (KRG) in differentiated embryo chondrocyte (DEC) knockout mice

Schisandra increases expression of MT1

Melatonin is regulated by other pathways like cAMP and intracellular calcium so also look into that maybe. You might like Maca.

I've had positive experiences with all of these plants.

vetiver

How are your TCM studies going? I'm just about to begin mine :) I noticed you mentioned PSSD in your other posts. I think 5HT2C antagonism/downregulation could potentially affect that negatively which is why I only took Agomelatine for a very brief time. Is that also your reasoning behind seeking an alternative?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals