MSM dramatically reduced allergies how?

GorillaHead

Absolutely astonishing how this reduced allergies no other sulfur based product has done this for me. Not taurine or selenium. How does it work ?

hierundjetzt

Absolutely astonishing how this reduced allergies no other sulfur based product has done this for me. Not taurine or selenium. How does it work ?
I think you would need to give more details on how much you took, for how long etc. of each substance.
Hard to make any reasonable hypothesis otherwise.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I think you would need to give more details on how much you took, for how long etc. of each substance.
Hard to make any reasonable hypothesis otherwise.
1-2 gram within 6 hours i saw relief. No doubt in my minds its msm

redsun

This is because MSM can donate methyl and thus provide more methyl groups to deactivate histamine. Methyl donors in general will help reduce excess histamine. Other examples are TMG (also known as betaine) and SAM. Results vary with these substances though. As in not everyone gets relief. This likely suggests other problems in the pathway of histamine degradation. There is also a genetic component. Creatine, though not a methyl donor itself, spares methyl groups that would otherwise be used to make creatine. Creatine is the priority for methyl groups in the body so providing more creatine (through meat and supplementation) may also help. Betaine can also be supplemented and is found in flour products and other foods.

Last edited:

LucH

Need some Cu too for enzym DAO.
Explanation on mecanism (histamine and mastocytes) on this link (in French), with a clear figure, and English sources (links).
Intolérance à l'histamine :

Last edited:

bendis

I usually have rush like allergy around my lower legs it starts with spring time. when I was on ketogenic diet I able to totally eliminate that problem but I had gave up on that bc of other health issues now I eat lots of sugar in juices and fruits I feel like sugar worsens my symptoms. I recently started to eat high carb high sugar and my rash starts to climbs up to upper parts of my body. it reaches to my throat/ whole body at worst. What should I do?

Ras

No cause given in the study reviewed here, but the effects were significant at three grams per day.