MPB Experimental Treatments

Progesterone

I bought powder version from biotics research...It comes with sod&catalase...I used to fill empty gelatin capsules number 0(500mg-650mg) with this and took it with b vitamins and some other things three times a day (1.2g×3) ...And hair was growing shinny black and my skin looked tanned... I think it strongly fights fibrosis ... I stopped because it made me feel depressed and with wrinkles... But hair grew lustrous and silky... Maybe I took too much...I just know superoxide dismutase is strong 5ar inhibitor and lowers quite a lot cholesterol levels...Maybe that's reason I got depressed

is this the product you took?

Dismuzyme Plus™ Granules with SOD and Catalase - 17.9 oz (500 Grams)

LukeL

The single best thing for my hair so far has been topical coffee grounds mixed with water into a mudlike consistency along with alternating days of Seba Med and Selsun Blue shampoo - but let me reiterate, topical coffee is what has decreased my shedding significantly. It makes my scalp feel incredible - it feels invigorated and alive after a 10-15 minute topical soak. My scalp itch is completely gone :)

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
TubZy

TubZy

I finished up my trial with inosine. Unfortunately, my hair is starting to shed again and the itch came back :(. I'm getting off now to prevent any further loss.

I plan to go back on the normal regimen again (selenium, dhea, niacinamide, caffeine, taurine etc.) to calm everything back down again.

In the future, next experiment I want to try is topical B1 (thiamine) and possibly topical glycine.

Wagner83

I finished up my trial with inosine. Unfortunately, my hair is starting to shed again and the itch came back :(. I'm getting off now to prevent any further loss.

I plan to go back on the normal regimen again (selenium, dhea, niacinamide, caffeine, taurine etc.) to calm everything back down again.

In the future, next experiment I want to try is topical B1 (thiamine) and possibly topical glycine.

Milk can increase itch and shedding (and dandruff) for me, although when consuming low fat jersey cow milk and little to no starch for 2 weeks hair looked ok, still with other milk the issues are there for sure. Potatoes also seem to do this for me (whatever the reason, I also get a slight stomach ache after eating them).

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I finally got my inosine and took 1g about an hour before bed the past two nights.... Holy crap that stuff knocks you out :hungover:, I felt like I was literally melting into my mattress. It's to bad it causes the shedding topically though :emoji_crying_cat_face: I'll probably just reserve it for emergencies when I can't fall asleep

Hey sorry, I meant that it didn't do anything for my shedding by itself (since I dropped all the stuff that did stopped my shedding like selsun). The inosine didn't actually casue me to shed it just didn't do anything to stop my natural shedding when I get off selsun, niacinamide, dhea etc. meaning inosine didn't really help me.

Yeah, I think the sedative effect is how it acts on adenosine

tyler

Cool thread, thanks for all the insights fellas.

I don't have any hair loss issues but I'm looking to create a topical as a preventative/strengthening measure, and I wouldn't be mad if it improved the quality/amount that I do have. Generally my hair is pretty dry- I haven't shampooed or conditioned in years and have always used water.

I can't do any of the anti fungal shampoos as I'm super sensitive to SLS. But I do have access to 2% Ketoconazole foam (Extina brand)- could I be rubbing this into my scalp perhaps?

I would also like to make a topical but after sifting through this thread, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of ingredient options I have. I was thinking maybe a base of castor oil, coconut oil (maybe MCT because it's liquid??) olive/jojoba oil, with some niacinimide, caffeine, and taurine. Maybe some of the 2% ketoconazole foam I have. Any thoughts or recommendations of a general hair health topical would be awesome.

@TubZy :D

Progesterone

Does Nizoral give the same results as Selsun..?

Nizoral is anti-androgenic (mild)

Selsun Blue has inorganic selenium which inhibits PGD2

The anecdotal evidence/experience of people using Nizoral is very 'meh' at best.

Not to mention most people here don't want to use anything anti-androgenic, for obvious reasons.

I would consider you to use Selsun Blue and give it a shot.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Cool thread, thanks for all the insights fellas.

I don't have any hair loss issues but I'm looking to create a topical as a preventative/strengthening measure, and I wouldn't be mad if it improved the quality/amount that I do have. Generally my hair is pretty dry- I haven't shampooed or conditioned in years and have always used water.

I can't do any of the anti fungal shampoos as I'm super sensitive to SLS. But I do have access to 2% Ketoconazole foam (Extina brand)- could I be rubbing this into my scalp perhaps?

I would also like to make a topical but after sifting through this thread, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of ingredient options I have. I was thinking maybe a base of castor oil, coconut oil (maybe MCT because it's liquid??) olive/jojoba oil, with some niacinimide, caffeine, and taurine. Maybe some of the 2% ketoconazole foam I have. Any thoughts or recommendations of a general hair health topical would be awesome.

@TubZy :D

Yeah the keto 2% foam can help too, I used the 2% shampoo prior to the selsun. Only thing I don't like about keto shampoo is that is much much more harsh on the skin/scalp and and is mildy anti androgenic, compared to selsun but the foam is probably more gentle.

If you are not losing hair I wouldn't go overboard. I don't think keto would even necessary unless your scalp bothers you (itch, excessive oil, pimples etc.). I would just start with some topical taurine, niacinamide and caffeine dissolved in water with a little alcohol added (a few drops). Better yet using solban topical would be the easiest at least to start and you can just a gram or two of taurine to the solban bottle and just shake it up good. Or maybe Haidut's topical ATP product which he is going to release soon.

Coconut oil/castor oil maybe 1-2 times per week to help keep scalp healthy.

Kray

Can you share the brand or form of selenium you supplement, and daily dose?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Can you share the brand or form of selenium you supplement, and daily dose?

Selsun blue shampoo (selenium sulfide) daily (leave on for 5min then 10min in the shower two cycles)

or

you can use liquid sodium selenite mix it with some water and alcohol and leave it on overnight as topical. Seems to work just as good.
NutriCology Allergy Research NutriCology Selenium Solution 8 fl oz Liquid - Swanson Health Products

The closest alternative to selenium I found in terms of scalp and hair health is topical iodine. Doesn't work as good as selenium but it definitely works similar to selenium. You can tell b/c after using your hair and scalp feels very similar to after using selenium and they act both as antifungals as well.

Kray

I've been using a multi headed approach for about 4 months and it seems to be working very well. I finally have hair returning to the front of my hairline where I began losing it first.

1) Topical Cyproheptadine and T3 twice a day (morning and afternoon)
2) Red light therapy with LLLT device for 15-20 min every other day
3) Topical aspirin, caffeine, niacinamide prior to (2)
4) Topical magnesium oil
5) Brushing the topicals mentioned in (1) (3) (4) into the scalp with a boar fur brush
6) Occasional scalp massages

Although the topicals (1) are dissolved in DMSO, I think brushing them into the scalp potentiates the effect. I brush until there is a mild stinging sensation.

When I used to do scalp massages, I would hear popping sounds (possibly fibrosis of the scalp?) but as I've been doing them for a few months, there is far less sensation of tension and the tissue feels more responsive. This has led me to believe that circulation to the tissue can be paramount for some folks as it was for me.

Great news! I have all the tools here at home from your list, so I will help my hubby execute this. Curious-- did you pick up on the raspberry ketones mentioned earlier in the thread? Anyone else tried them since the original posting and have some results to post?

CoolTweetPete

I did not. Would love to hear any positive feedback.

I plan to add r5p and thiamine to my topical concoction to see if I can accelerate the results. This routine has continued to work wonderfully. I adopted this routine from another member, who coined it the "kitchen sink approach". He posted photos of his results in another thread,

Hair Loss: Hormones Or Genetics?

I think I am in the midst of a similar reversal. I will post photos in a few weeks. I still think I have a few more haircut cycles before the results are similar to Benjamin Button's.

Kray

I did not. Would love to hear any positive feedback.

I plan to add r5p and thiamine to my topical concoction to see if I can accelerate the results. This routine has continued to work wonderfully. I adopted this routine from another member, who coined it the "kitchen sink approach". He posted photos of his results in another thread,

Hair Loss: Hormones Or Genetics?

I think I am in the midst of a similar reversal. I will post photos in a few weeks. I still think I have a few more haircut cycles before the results are similar to Benjamin Button's.

Encouraging! I have liquid Bs, so I could combine that with the ketone and other ingredients from your list. btw- do you apply LLLT apart from topicals? If you have any tips for that, I would appreciate hearing.

How much T3 do you use? I have a T3/T4 liquid combination- would that be ok?

CoolTweetPete

I apply LLLT after applying the topical B-vit, aspirin, caffeine concoction with a bit of T3.

My application of T3 is not very scientific. I press the tip of the Tyronene bottle against the scalp, and do a pass along the areas that were shedding. I probably end up using 2-3 drops (24mcg) each time I do this. I do it 2-3 times a day minus the LLLT, which I do every other day.

I'm curious about the T3/T4 combination because I use that as well, but not directly to the scalp. From what I've read, the liver performs the conversion of T4-->T3, so I have been hesitant to administer it to a topical location distal from the liver. Not certain if this is a valid concern or not, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate the feedback.

Milk can increase itch and shedding (and dandruff) for me, although when consuming low fat jersey cow milk and little to no starch for 2 weeks hair looked ok, still with other milk the issues are there for sure. Potatoes also seem to do this for me (whatever the reason, I also get a slight stomach ache after eating them).

Another hormonal condition that probably contributes to lactase deficiency is progesterone deficiency, since a synthetic progestin has been found to increase the enzyme (Nagpaul, et al., 1990). The particular progestin they used lacks many of progesterone's effects, but it does protect against some kinds of stress, including high estrogen and cortisol. This suggests that stress, with its increased ratio of estrogen and cortisol to progesterone, might commonly cause the enzyme to decrease.
Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals