MPB Experimental Treatments

tallglass13

Thanks Scenes, and PhilParma, I think doubling up means that zinc and manganese is supposed to raise progesterone already, so no need to add any extra progesterone... But I might take a break off zinc and mang in a couple weeks and use progesterone if I feel the desire but I think the two together is redundant

PhilParma

Thanks. So Asian men tend not to go bald because rice is high in manganese. It all makes sense.

QO4IeM6.gif

Manganese is difficult to get on a low starch diet. Because pineapples are full of estrogen and all that.

Scenes

Can you elaborate on what this means?
Zinc is a cofactors or precursor to prog. You use zinc in this context to help raise prog. Using prog alone would be in effect doubling up, whilst potentially causing an imbalance elsewhere.

All this is gbold theory, I'm just rephrasing here.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and Ray Peat's diet philosophy. Male pattern baldness runs on both sides of my family so it was something I've always been aware of and wanted to avoid. I've been battling hair loss since I was 19 with varying degrees of success. I'm 31 now and still have a decent head of hair.

My best results battling hair loss came in 2012 when I haphazardly stumbled upon some impressive results. This was a year where I was eating a primarily vegetarian diet, running a lot, and avoiding alcohol and tobacco. During this time I was eating a lot of fruit, green juice, cheese, eggs, rice and various herbs that promoted healing and upper body circulation. I was also taking Nettle Root at the time thinking DHT was the main cause of my hair loss problem. Now in retrospect I think it was everything else that I was doing which led to the good results. By the end of the year my hair was back on track to the point of it being impressive. People in my immediate family were asking me how I made my hair so thick, and of course my barber noticed too. Since discovering Danny Roddy's work I'm only now beginning to understand why things started to turn around that year. At the time I was convinced that it was just the Nettle Root that I had been taking.

I've been Peating now for about a month and I already notice a subtle difference in my hair. Circulation, supply and enrergy seem to be at the root of my hair loss problem. I think all of the cardio I did in 2012 training and completing a half marathon, coupled with the low PUFA high sugar diet and upper circulatory herbs, led to the good results. When 2013 approached I thought all I had to do was keep taking Nettle Root and I would be fine. Wrong. Things started to digress quickly as I went back to drinking and smoking, and eating a much less healthy diet. I never really recovered back to that pinnacle I reached in 2012 (yet).

Aside from the Peat diet and lifestyle approach I have recently also added in red light therapy, derma rolling and regular head massage with a coconut/essential oil blend. I'm starting to view baldness as if it were a literal scar. It needs to be broken up and circulation needs to be restored to the area.

That's my two cents for now. I'm going to document my hair where it is today and see how things look at the turn of the year.

Sin.cerly,
HN9

Last edited:

grenade

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and Ray Peat's diet philosophy. Male pattern baldness runs on both sides of my family so it was something I've always been aware of and wanted to avoid. I've been battling hair loss since I was 19 with varying degrees of success. I'm 31 now and still have a decent head of hair.

My best results battling hair loss came in 2012 when I haphazardly stumbled upon some impressive results. This was a year where I was eating a primarily vegetarian diet, running a lot, and avoiding alcohol and tobacco. During this time I was eating a lot of fruit, green juice, cheese, eggs, rice and various herbs that promoted healing and upper body circulation. I was also taking Nettle Root at the time thinking DHT was the main cause of my hair loss problem. Now in retrospect I think it was everything else that I was doing which led to the good results. By the end of the year my hair was back on track to the point of it being impressive. People in my immediate family were asking me how I made my hair so thick, and of course my barber noticed too. Since discovering Danny Roddy's work I'm only now beginning to understand why things started to turn around that year. At the time I was convinced that it was just the Nettle Root that I had been taking.

I've been Peating now for about a month and I already notice a subtle difference in my hair. Circulation, supply and enrergy seem to be at the root of my hair loss problem. I think all of the cardio I did in 2012 training and completing a half marathon, coupled with the low PUFA high sugar diet and upper circulatory herbs, led to the good results. When 2013 approached I thought all I had to do was keep taking Nettle Root and I would be fine. Wrong. Things started to digress quickly as I went back to drinking and smoking, and eating a much less healthy diet. I never really recovered back to that pinnacle I reached in 2012 (yet).

Aside from the Peat diet and lifestyle approach I have recently also added in red light therapy, derma rolling and regular head massage with a coconut/essential oil blend. I'm starting to view baldness as if it were a literal scar. It needs to be broken up and circulation needs to be restored to the area.

That's my two cents for now. I'm going to document my hair where it is today and see how things look at the turn of the year.

Sin.cerly,
HN9

Nice to hear someone have good results with cardio. Cardio is always pooped on here. Funny thing is that I always done a lot of cardiovascular activity growing up. Yet my hair has gone to crap over the years, and I haven't done much cardio either.

I went on a mile run the other day and as my heartrate increased and I was tiring out, I was able to feel my scalp pulsating from my heartbeats.

Cardio in reasonable amounts definitely seems to provide value by assisting in blood flow.

JDreamer

Nice to hear someone have good results with cardio. Cardio is always pooped on here. Funny thing is that I always done a lot of cardiovascular activity growing up. Yet my hair has gone to crap over the years, and I haven't done much cardio either.

I went on a mile run the other day and as my heartrate increased and I was tiring out, I was able to feel my scalp pulsating from my heartbeats.

Cardio in reasonable amounts definitely seems to provide value by assisting in blood flow.

I've always been curious how much my lack of cardio of the last 10-15 has contributed to my hair issues. I can't even imagine how much worse my blood flow is and the ability to usher out lymph from my system.

I got to a point where I focused so much on my weight training that I reduced my cardio drastically. Being that I'm what you call a "hard gainer" it's too difficult to keep on size if I'm always doing cardio.

sladerunner69

I was talking to @Travis via PM earlier and he had some really interesting insight on topical cyclosporine dissolved in olive oil. Accordng to the studies, when applied topically there is known T call induced immune suppression so it could he safe and I'm sure you know that stuff grows hair like crazy. If you are interested in the studies I can post them here. Ironically it also stimulates 5AR in the CNS too.

Wow just looked into this stuff, thanks for posting. Could this be the inverse-finasteride holy grail?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Just got the liquid sunflower lethicin, this stuff is like glue

Milky

Just got the liquid sunflower lethicin, this stuff is like glue

Yeah I got the gelcaps and man that shiz is sticky. I buzzed my hair back with a #2 guard so it's not in the way getting all gunked up, and so I can see the thin spots better to monitor progress. Mine looks sort of like a 3V on the norwood scale at that length except I have no huge shiny bald patches yet, just the thinning crown and laid-back hairline.

I think I'll buzz it to #2 once a week, take a pic and see what happens in 2-3 months. I just started with the lecithin 2 days ago, scratching with salt in the shower since a bit before that (you have to wash the lecithin out first with some kind of soap/shampoo, the salt gets stuck in it), and I just started the zinc + manganese combo tonight. I've grown really skeptical of supplementation over the last few years, but I think it's worth experimenting in this instance.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Yeah I got the gelcaps and man that shiz is sticky. I buzzed my hair back with a #2 guard so it's not in the way getting all gunked up, and so I can see the thin spots better to monitor progress. Mine looks sort of like a 3V on the norwood scale at that length except I have no huge shiny bald patches yet, just the thinning crown and laid-back hairline.

I think I'll buzz it to #2 once a week, take a pic and see what happens in 2-3 months. I just started with the lecithin 2 days ago, scratching with salt in the shower since a bit before that (you have to wash the lecithin out first with some kind of soap/shampoo, the salt gets stuck in it), and I just started the zinc + manganese combo tonight. I've grown really skeptical of supplementation over the last few years, but I think it's worth experimenting in this instance.

I just got out of shower and the stuff would not even come out with water. Luckily the polysorb 80 took it right out very quickly, this was the first time I used it. I like it so far. I would not use the lethicin unless I was using the polysorb after in the shower otherwise the lethicin is like glue.

Also, does anyone know if you have to rub the salt granules on your head or can you make a liquid salt solution and let it sit that way? I'm not sure if the method of action is actually physically from the salt granules scratching your scalp or from the sodium chloride just touching the scalp itself

Dante

Also, does anyone know if you have to rub the salt granules on your head or can you make a liquid salt solution and let it sit that way? I'm not sure if the method of action is actually physically from the salt granules scratching your scalp or from the sodium chloride just touching the scalp itself
I think one has to scratch the scalp .Every non-pharma hair regrowth technique that i know consists of inducing
mild inflammation on the scalp ( be it dermaroller, rob's massages etc)

Orion

I would not use the lethicin unless I was using the polysorb after in the shower otherwise the lethicin is like glue.

Haven't tried mine yet, but guess it needs to be shampooed out, no polysorb on hand.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I think one has to scratch the scalp .Every non-pharma hair regrowth technique that i know consists of inducing
mild inflammation on the scalp ( be it dermaroller, rob's massages etc)

Yeah that is what I thought, that makes sense then- thanks

tallglass13

@TubZy, the salt is to scratch the scalp to injury the skin , kind of like dermarolling. and it is also to help dissolve some calcium. I bought a bottle of lecithin liquid and the stuff would not come off my scalp. But the salt scrup helps it come off a little. ill have to buy that poly80.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Response from @gbolduev in the PFS thread as to why dopamine agonists or anything that can lower prolactin be beneficial for hair.

"What is your opinion on why things like dopamine agonists (bromo, caber, lisuride etc.) or things that can lower prolactin can regrow and recolor hair? Are they chelating some mineral of some sort?"

I think it makes manganese more available. Since manganese is what raises prolactin in blood since manganese lowers 3 beta hsd. Zinc makes manganese available. Zinc lowers prolactin.

It depends on hairloss and grey hair reason. I found that sometimes if you take copper for slow oxidizers it can cause more grey hair, since it increases SOD which then will require iron ( catalase) to get rid of hydrogen peroxide.

I found that if you take manganese and zinc , grey beards go away

For some people it can be frank iron deficiency.(HCL deficiency)) For some frank copper deficiency.

All these are hairloss causes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals