MPB Experimental Treatments

JDreamer

How do you use it, just overnight and let it sit?

Right now I'm applying/massaging it in the shower after I first wet my hair/scalp and letting it sit for 2-3 mins afterwards shampooing it out with a tea tree oil shampoo. I've done it at night before too - letting it sit for 20-30mins then rinsing.

It's night and day difference up there in the diffused area and starting to feel like healthy hair again instead of lifeless. Not to mention I've cut the styling time down by at least a 1/3rd. I really wish I had known about this stuff 5-6 years ago. Probably could've saved myself from a lot of the thinning.

I haven't dermarolled in a couple weeks, but I should also note that when I apply the stuff at night, rinse, and then roll - there is a lot more blood flow up there.

Last edited:

Orion

Topical lecithin has been recommended for this too, emulsify the fats/sebum.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Topical lecithin has been recommended for this too, emulsify the fats/sebum.

Yeah I found one on Amazon, the NOW brand. It's a liquid version from sunflower...Gbol approved lol.

His regimen is basically rubbing salt on hair while in shower (to stimulate growth), using topical lecithin, using zinc and manganese and lastly, fasting.

The only thing I tried so far was rubbing salt in my hair and scalp while in the shower.

Last edited:
OP
TubZy

TubZy

Right now I'm applying/massaging it in the shower after I first wet my hair/scalp and letting it sit for 2-3 mins afterwards shampooing it out with a tea tree oil shampoo. I've done it at night before too - letting it sit for 20-30mins then rinsing.

It's night and day difference up there in the diffused area and starting to feel like healthy hair again instead of lifeless. Not to mention I've cut the styling time down by at least a 1/3rd. I really wish I had known about this stuff 5-6 years ago. Probably could've saved myself from a lot of the thinning.

I haven't dermarolled in a couple weeks, but I should also note that when I apply the stuff at night, rinse, and then roll - there is a lot more blood flow up there.

Interesting...can oils absorb that fast ? I know with a dry scalp oils can take a few hours to fully absorb in the scalp. I am not sure about a wet scalp however. Does anyone know if oils can absorb pretty fast on a wet scalp like in the shower?

JDreamer

Interesting...can oils absorb that fast ? I know with a dry scalp oils can take a few hours to fully absorb in the scalp. I am not sure about a wet scalp however. Does anyone know if oils can absorb pretty fast on a wet scalp like in the shower?

According to the following link - a surfactant/emulsifier needs water to be effective, so I believe that's what speeds up the process. I don't believe it's considered an "oil" though.

Reversing Your Hair Loss - A Practical Scientific Guide

Orion

Yeah I found one on Amazon, the NOW brand. It's a liquid version from sunflower...Gbol approved lol.

His regimen is basically rubbing salt on hair while in shower (to stimulate growth), using topical lecithin, using zinc and manganese and lastly, fasting.

The only thing I tried so far was rubbing salt in my hair and scalp while in the shower.

My NOW brand arrived yesterday, will try it out this weekend for a long soak. I made a extremely saline mix in a spray bottle and been spraying that on the scalp and leaving for 10mins or so and massaging, my shedding is bad, but I don't think I will need to damage the scalp with scratching.

I will attempt a 40 day Bruess fast Oct/Nov while applying these, I think hair recovery if it happens will take some/many months to report after the fast. But will do the leg work.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

According to the following link - a surfactant/emulsifier needs water to be effective, so I believe that's what speeds up the process. I don't believe it's considered an "oil" though.

Reversing Your Hair Loss - A Practical Scientific Guide

Good find, did not know that. It mentions the MoA is due to the release of histamine, not sure I neccesarily like that but it is good to know. Maybe a good combo could be polysorb 80, then rinse and clean with salt in the shower and topical lecithin before bed while taking zinc and manganese orally.

JDreamer

I began intermittent fasting a couple weeks ago. I only eat between the hours of 12pm and 9pm - drinking only green tea and aminos until then.

One day a week I go a full 16 hours without food.

JDreamer

Good find, did not know that. It mentions the MoA is due to the release of histamine, not sure I neccesarily like that but it is good to know. Maybe a good combo could be polysorb 80, then rinse and clean with salt in the shower and topical lecithin before bed while taking zinc and manganese orally.

I thought I read that mild histamine release is necessary for hair regrowth though - I mean isn't that what's occurring during a scalp massage for all those dutamescence guys?

It's the excessive histamines that are a problem, which are commonly aggravated by allergies, infections, etc.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

My NOW brand arrived yesterday, will try it out this weekend for a long soak. I made a extremely saline mix in a spray bottle and been spraying that on the scalp and leaving for 10mins or so and massaging, my shedding is bad, but I don't think I will need to damage the scalp with scratching.

I will attempt a 40 day Bruess fast Oct/Nov while applying these, I think hair recovery if it happens will take some/many months to report after the fast. But will do the leg work.

Nice, how long are you planning to soak the lecithin on your head for?

Yeah, he did mention the salt protocol was mainly for pure bald spots to stimulate growth just like dermaneedling.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I began intermittent fasting a couple weeks ago. I only eat between the hours of 12pm and 9pm - drinking only green tea and aminos until then.

One day a week I go a full 16 hours without food.

Nice, the fasting he was talking about was pure water fasting for 30 - 40 days or the Breus protocol for 40 days. Intermittent could help but probably not enough if you are slick bald. Have you noticed anything? I got off a ten day water fast and my scalp was like in perfect condition the entire time with like no shedding almost

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I thought I read that mild histamine release is necessary for hair regrowth though - I mean isn't that what's occurring during a scalp massage for all those dutamescence guys?

It's the excessive histamines that are a problem, which are commonly aggravated by allergies, infections, etc.

Yes it is definitely necessary, I think that is one of the reasons for niacin as well due to the histamine flush (and the increase in NAD levels). I was just saying from an overall perspective but I doubt a small local rise in histamine is fine. It is just odd because anti histamines seem to get traction around here for hair purposes like cypro.

I was never into the scalp massage thing so I couldn't really tell you there. I never really saw any promising logs from it.

Orion

Nice, how long are you planning to soak the lecithin on your head for?

Yeah, he did mention the salt protocol was mainly for pure bald spots to stimulate growth just like dermaneedling.

I am thinking 30mins for the Lecithin along with the saline spray together. I'll let you know how it feels and goes.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I am thinking 30mins for the Lecithin along with the saline spray together. I'll let you know how it feels and goes.

Did you say your shedding went up while fasting or is it the same? I wonder if it went up because you are getting DHT sensitive again.

Orion

Did you say your shedding went up while fasting or is it the same? I wonder if it went up because you are getting DHT sensitive again.

Nope, but so far shedding seems the same or less.

After my first 3 day fast and into this fast, have almost no dandruff now though, hoping that is a good sign of things to come. I had mega mega flakes that no dandruff shampoo ever helped, I tried all the brands.

tallglass13

I bought some "powder" sunflower lecithin..been doing that and salt scrub. started the zinc /mang 1 week now. salt scrub is awesome, really feels like it would do something. I completely bald on crown so I need to damage the heck out of that skin. the lecithin is powder but oily and its awkward to apply and wash out with water. plus when I get home from work, I only keep it on for an hour before I shower, so I don't think that is enough time to emulsify my scalp. so, I think a lecithin oil would be better and apply that at bedtime to soak all night.

tallglass13

Ive dropped all other supps, even though I took progesterone 9mg with tyromax 2 drop orally for a few day prior to gbolduev protocol. my libido was great and good morning and all night wood on that. I don't want to piss off gbolduev, but Im wonder if taking progesterone is bad on this hair growth protocol. Im guessing he would not approve, since taking progesterone would decrease sensitivity, lower E to much, and make DHT not sensitive... do I have that right?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Nope, but so far shedding seems the same or less.

After my first 3 day fast and into this fast, have almost no dandruff now though, hoping that is a good sign of things to come. I had mega mega flakes that no dandruff shampoo ever helped, I tried all the brands.

Excellent, that is awesome man. That is how I felt, like I didn't even shower for two days and my hair was in perfect condition still.

Scenes

Ive dropped all other supps, even though I took progesterone 9mg with tyromax 2 drop orally for a few day prior to gbolduev protocol. my libido was great and good morning and all night wood on that. I don't want to piss off gbolduev, but Im wonder if taking progesterone is bad on this hair growth protocol. Im guessing he would not approve, since taking progesterone would decrease sensitivity, lower E to much, and make DHT not sensitive... do I have that right?

@gbolduev is only against progesterone if you are pfs and struggling to adjust back.

Prog will help lower estrogen and counterbalance dht...not bad things for hair, but not necessary as zinc and manganese will do the same.

High dht is an issue in hairloss for slow oxidisers (most of us). Zinc and manganese will do the job according to him. Prog not helpful if it's doubling up.

Zinc and mang also supposed to help remove co2 from venous blood so the cells will create more and lead to better metabolism, therefore better hair. I asked him if progesterone also does this but I got no response.