MPB Experimental Treatments

Wagner83

Let us know if you get blood work done. Afaik, pansterone , when applied to the scrotum, can lead to very different hormone profiles depending on the individual.

Dante

I keep posting this in hairloss threads but I think it bears repeating. Pansterone applied on scrotum thickened my hair amazingly. My wife keeps commenting on the transformation. Haven't had scalp itch for weeks. This leads me to think a dysfunction of steroidogenic enzymes 3ahsd and 3bhsd is heavily implicated in hairloss. My 2c.
From what i have seen from the studies, 3-beta-HSD is actually upregulated/overexpressed in balding scalps.

schultz

I ran across a study that claimed raspberry ketones promoted hair growth. The researchers thought it was raising IGF-1 in the skin where it was applied. Anyway, here is the link

Effect of topical application of raspberry ketone on dermal production of insulin-like growth factor-I in mice and on hair growth and skin elastici... - PubMed - NCBI

When applied topically to the scalp and facial skin, 0.01% RK promoted hair growth in 50.0% of humans with alopecia (n=10)

and apparently you can buy raspberry ketones in bulk...

Pure Raspberry Ketones Powder in Bulk | BulkSupplements.com

I think people use it for fat loss or something.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I ran across a study that claimed raspberry ketones promoted hair growth. The researchers thought it was raising IGF-1 in the skin where it was applied. Anyway, here is the link

Effect of topical application of raspberry ketone on dermal production of insulin-like growth factor-I in mice and on hair growth and skin elastici... - PubMed - NCBI

When applied topically to the scalp and facial skin, 0.01% RK promoted hair growth in 50.0% of humans with alopecia (n=10)

and apparently you can buy raspberry ketones in bulk...

Pure Raspberry Ketones Powder in Bulk | BulkSupplements.com

I think people use it for fat loss or something.

Good stuff brother! Yeah, looks like through IGF 1 it promotes growth. I think we should try it out- it's cheap. Plus it's good for skin anyways.

Also, someone should try topical preg directly on scalp. The stuff won't dissolve in water and most likely MCT/coconut oil (maybe could dissolve some COQ10 powder in it too). I would be willing to try it but I hate sleeping with oils in my hair unless it can absorb in and hour and be washed out.

I just started topical creatine right now, so I plan to test that for about a week or so by itself.

So we have some topical items to try from this thread so far:

Rasberry ketones
Creatine
Carnitine
CoQ10 (lotion crafter has pure powder that we can dissolve in coconut oil)
Pregnenolone

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Do you have that study? There is A LOT of anecdotal evidence online about people experiencing hair loss from taking minocycline

There was nothing that pertained to MPB or hair in general I believe but the mechanism it acts on (anti inflammatory through TNF alpha) would most likely have some sort of benefit (at least in speculation and some anecdotal evidence).

If you want to try it go ahead haha! It worked better topically for gum disease too compared to oral. So it does have more benefit at the local tissue level. Just like how some things orally can cause hair loss but topically it has the opposite effect i.e. creatine, DHEA etc.

Sheik

Yes, if I used castor oil only. If I cut it with 50% ethanol or 50% coconut oil it helps very much with any itch. Also, if I used castor only before bed I kept getting some pimples on my neck and hairline it was so annoying.
When you say ethanol, are you using vodka or something?

Progesterone

I keep posting this in hairloss threads but I think it bears repeating. Pansterone applied on scrotum thickened my hair amazingly. My wife keeps commenting on the transformation. Haven't had scalp itch for weeks. This leads me to think a dysfunction of steroidogenic enzymes 3ahsd and 3bhsd is heavily implicated in hairloss. My 2c.

Are you still using the 4 drops of Pansterone daily on balls? is it still helping with hairloss?

Have you ever tried progesterone on balls with any effect on hairloss?

Progesterone

I bought 3 bottles of progesterone clear (progest in alcohol) from healthnutura to trial, will use directly on scalp every night.

Also got 2 of their progesterone clear original with vit E and MCT oil.

Will update results here.

Thoushant

Have you found anything on circidian rhytm and hair growth regulation?
A quick search gives results like sync between circidian and body rhytm.
Peripheral rhytm is independent of CR
BT can sustain Peripheral clock

+ Sleep wakefulness cycle in the brain relies heavily on PGD2 and PGE2, PGD2 promoting sleep, and in rats staying up 2-5hours later than intended can increase brain PGD2 2x. How would that play out after several years?

i think there's benefit to control the clocks and make everything sync up. Like CR would tell HF to produce anagen promoting factors, but if it's not synced the HF would not have time to reach a threshold concentration required.

So Temperature reset/control + tight 6am/10pm sleep schedule, and eventually everything falls in order?

Soren

Forum Supporter
I don't know if anyone on this thread has mentioned scalp massage or more specifically dumutescenece therapy but I have been doing that for a number of months and have seen some encouraging progress.

Drareg

What about lithium and taurine topically? Try to influence diodinase typ 2 and 3 enzymes. Type 3 is currently shown to increase RT3 and is expressed in hair follicles.(studies are dotted around the forum.)
Lithium inhibits them both,type 2 is good and increases conversion of t4 to t3 so applying taurine a few hours before and then lithium or apply lithium to halt type 3 and then applying taurine a few hours later to up regulate type 2 again.

Obviously type 3 enzyme has a purpose so goo to keep in mind before somebody discovers a suicide inhibitor.
Wild speculation but if you have nothing to loose......

OP
TubZy

TubZy

What about lithium and taurine topically? Try to influence diodinase typ 2 and 3 enzymes. Type 3 is currently shown to increase RT3 and is expressed in hair follicles.(studies are dotted around the forum.)
Lithium inhibits them both,type 2 is good and increases conversion of t4 to t3 so applying taurine a few hours before and then lithium or apply lithium to halt type 3 and then applying taurine a few hours later to up regulate type 2 again.

Obviously type 3 enzyme has a purpose so goo to keep in mind before somebody discovers a suicide inhibitor.
Wild speculation but if you have nothing to loose......

I would be interested, you have any studies on lithium? What is the best form and easy to dissolve, is it lithium orotate?

Dhair

I don't know if anyone on this thread has mentioned scalp massage or more specifically dumutescenece therapy but I have been doing that for a number of months and have seen some encouraging progress.
Very cool, Soren.
I know Danny Roddy worked with a couple of people who managed to regrow their lost hair with a scalp massage routine. They had some impressive picures too.
Can you elaborate on your experience?

Stryker

TubZy, anyone that you know of using the 2.5% selsun blue?

I can get it without script, just not sure if it's worth it over the 1% ?
@TubZy sure am ,
TubZy, anyone that you know of using the 2.5% selsun blue?

I can get it without script, just not sure if it's worth it over the 1% ?
@TubZy
i sure am , its beend a long time since ive used selsun blue.. but the gold makes my scalp feel very healthy with no itch
i think most people would be deterred by the smell but i quite like it.

atm i have also made my own topical formula...
It contains
Alpecin Caffeine Liquid
Niacinamide
P5P
R5P
Biotin
Vitamin E Acetate
T3
retinyl acetate
salicylic acid
Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate

Drareg

I would be interested, you have any studies on lithium? What is the best form and easy to dissolve, is it lithium orotate?

I'm looking for more on DIO3 enzymes which is shown to increase rt3, I'm guessing this is like a temporary lock in the hair follicle soon to become permanent,if DIO3 is expressed in tumour growth I'm not sure if it would be reasonable to speculate some sort of mechanism similar to cancer behaviour in the hair follicle.
On lithium in this thread haidut posts one where they mention lithium,it's not much- How Taurine May Treat Diabetes

I'm not sure which lithium is better to disolve, Peat may have mentioned before that orotate is not the safest form,it's in one of lithium threads on here.
You need more with carbonate lithium but you may get away with less topically,mitolipin might be worth looking into as a Carrier if taurine and lithium dissolve.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

@TubZy sure am ,

@TubZy
i sure am , its beend a long time since ive used selsun blue.. but the gold makes my scalp feel very healthy with no itch

It contains
Alpecin Caffeine Liquid
Niacinamide
P5P
R5P
Biotin
Vitamin E Acetate
T3
retinyl acetate
salicylic acid

Nice man, yeah I tried the 2.5% once and I couldn't stand the smell but it still worked though, the 1% was enough for me so I just stuck with it.

For your topical, do you know how much caffeine is in the Alpecin? Amazon.com: Alpecin Caffeine After Shampoo Liquid 200 Ml: Beauty

The ingredients you put in look pretty solid, any benefit and do you use energin for your B vitamins?

Progesterone

@TubZy sure am ,

@TubZy

It contains
Alpecin Caffeine Liquid
Niacinamide
P5P
R5P
Biotin
Vitamin E Acetate
T3
retinyl acetate
salicylic acid

1. Have you also tried the 1%? If so, do you notice an improved benefit on the 2.5% VS the 1%?

That is quite a solid looking topical you've made!

I am going to stick with Selsun Blue 1% for a bit EOD and see how it goes. I will report my results back here.

Last question...

2. How many minutes do you guys keep Selsun Blue in hair, and rinse? Currently I'm doing 5min IN HAIR, rinse, and 5min IN hair, rinse. Total time in hair = 10min.