MPB Experimental Treatments

DaveFoster

@TubZy urea, caffeine, taurine, and pure vitamin a are all things that have benefitted me. i use the urea in low concentrations.
Do you use ethanol as a solvent and apply topically as a 1% solution goodandevil?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Can you elaborate on your experience with castor oil?
How long did it take you to see results from it?
It seems to me that thing like castor oil and emu oil are really nothing more than placebo.

Castor oil is the only oil that actually works. Mix it with 50% ethanol and 50% castor oil and let it sit overnight on your scalp. Once you take a shower the next day your hair will look noticeably thicker. But it also helps stop shedding and increases regrowth. It increases PGE2 and decreases PGD2 (no other oil at my knowledge was shown to do that). There is a ton of anecdotal reports on success with castor only it's just a b**** too apply (it's so thick) that I stopped it for a while since I have been experimenting with other stuff at the moment. I actually may get back on it though.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Someone should also try topical minocycline. It was shown to grow hair probably through the anti inflammatory effects (I think it decreases TNF alpha).

LukeL

Someone should also try topical minocycline. It was shown to grow hair probably through the anti inflammatory effects (I think it decreases TNF alpha).

Do you have that study? There is A LOT of anecdotal evidence online about people experiencing hair loss from taking minocycline

Sheik

Castor oil is the only oil that actually works. Mix it with 50% ethanol and 50% castor oil and let it sit overnight on your scalp. Once you take a shower the next day your hair will look noticeably thicker. But it also helps stop shedding and increases regrowth. It increases PGE2 and decreases PGD2 (no other oil at my knowledge was shown to do that). There is a ton of anecdotal reports on success with castor only it's just a b**** too apply (it's so thick) that I stopped it for a while since I have been experimenting with other stuff at the moment. I actually may get back on it though.
I tried plain old castor oil on my scalp overnight which left my scalp itching for days. Did you ever get itching from it?

Art Vandelay

Has anyone tried peppermint oil?

The animals were randomized into 4 groups based on different topical applications: saline (SA), jojoba oil (JO), 3% minoxidil (MXD), and 3% peppermint oil (PEO)...Of the 4 experimental groups, PEO group showed the most prominent hair growth effects; a significant increase in dermal thickness, follicle number, and follicle depth.
- Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs

I've been using coffee(yeah, actual coffee grounds) tropically for the last 2 weeks - no results to report as of yet, but my hair sure smells nice!

goodandevil

Do you use ethanol as a solvent and apply topically as a 1% solution goodandevil?
No, what I do is grind the caffeine crystals into a very find powder in the coffee grinder. The urea is readily soluble in water. I don't think alcohol solutions are good for my scalp.

DaveFoster

No, what I do is grind the caffeine crystals into a very find powder in the coffee grinder. The urea is readily soluble in water. I don't think alcohol solutions are good for my scalp.
So water then, thanks.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I tried plain old castor oil on my scalp overnight which left my scalp itching for days. Did you ever get itching from it?

Yes, if I used castor oil only. If I cut it with 50% ethanol or 50% coconut oil it helps very much with any itch. Also, if I used castor only before bed I kept getting some pimples on my neck and hairline it was so annoying.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I keep posting this in hairloss threads but I think it bears repeating. Pansterone applied on scrotum thickened my hair amazingly. My wife keeps commenting on the transformation. Haven't had scalp itch for weeks. This leads me to think a dysfunction of steroidogenic enzymes 3ahsd and 3bhsd is heavily implicated in hairloss. My 2c.

Dhair

I keep posting this in hairloss threads but I think it bears repeating. Pansterone applied on scrotum thickened my hair amazingly. My wife keeps commenting on the transformation. Haven't had scalp itch for weeks. This leads me to think a dysfunction of steroidogenic enzymes 3ahsd and 3bhsd is heavily implicated in hairloss. My 2c.
This is interesting.
How much much pansterone are you taking?

Iceman2016

@mujuro

Were you using Pansterone on the scrotum on its own or in conjunction with any other Idealabs supplements such as Androsterone, Tyronene, Kuinone, etc. (also on the scrotum)?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I use 4 drops once daily. I am not currently using any other IdeaLabs products. I use D, E, K2, all the Bs, and a lot of niacinamide, up to 1g daily. I only get my A through egg yolk as I am very sensitive to it.

My wife also noted that my hair color is darker all over. My forehead is always oily now. One thing I noticed about mature men with flawless hair is the constant glistening of oil on their forehead.

Dhair

I use 4 drops once daily. I am not currently using any other IdeaLabs products. I use D, E, K2, all the Bs, and a lot of niacinamide, up to 1g daily. I only get my A through egg yolk as I am very sensitive to it.

My wife also noted that my hair color is darker all over. My forehead is always oily now. One thing I noticed about mature men with flawless hair is the constant glistening of oil on their forehead.
Have your ever thought about applying pansterone/ DHEA to your scalp instead of the scrotum?
That's something Peat recommends for hair loss.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I have heard about that but I have never tried it. My hairloss was only modest to begin with. I'm not even 30, and I've been down the carpet bombing supplement road before with little success. I intentionally used a smaller dose than I typically would because I wanted to try to encourage/nurture it back to balance instead of blasting it with supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals