MPB Experimental Treatments

Progesterone

Hair loss and hypothyroidism is strongly correlated. No I don't think you should stop with that tsh. You're probably either crashing your cholesterol or suppressing your endogenous thyroid function. It's possible to dose thyroid too low. You should try different ratios of t3:t4, different speed increasing the dose, different routes: orally, sublingually, topically, before you call it quits.

Thanks dude, I appreciate your reply.

I started adding a few eggs a day (at least) to boost cholesterol.

Yeah I am worried I'm using too low of a dose.... but then again worried to UP it also!

I do 1 drop of Tyromix on my tongue and hold it there for as long as possible before swallowing.

Tyromix is apparently the ideal ratio.

I am not shedding anything crazy at all btw... maybe I just need to keep going with it as is???

I could just increase Tyromix dosage but again... I'm worried.

Progesterone

I am using 100mg of progesterone placed into OO size capsule, at night.

Medscape: Medscape Access

TSH levels tended to be lower (1.7 mU) than on placebo (2.2),

Conclusions Progesterone caused a significant FreeT4 increase that was discovered during this randomized controlled VMS trial. The clinical importance of this increased FreeT4 level remains to be documented. Registered at ClinialTrials.gov#NCT00152438.

VERY INTERESTING!!

My experience is similar and I've said the same thing on here before...high androgens and the strong, confident feeling that comes with it often mean worse skin and hair in my case.

However, I think I'm starting to see a change. I can add 1 drop of k2 to gonads and significantly increase libido (I assume by also increasing androgens?) and find my hair if anything looked better. I tried adding androsterone as well but 5 drops was too much and I got a stress response that day from not eating enough.

The focus for me right now is getting bowels and liver health to optimal...my hair has softened and thickened during this process and my shedding has reduced. I think, like you're saying, that we're hypersensitive to androgens and we either over-convert to estrogen or we fail to lower cortisol so we have high dht/cortisol/prolactin altogether.

I think I'm going to need a couple of months of bowel/liver health before I can change much else with androgens.

That's nice. I'm always on the lookout for ways to boost libido, so I'm gonna have to try that. Applying chemicals to your nuts sounds kinda strange, but all in the name of experimentation I guess. What are you using, Kuinone?

nextjohns

Yeah, but in the mainstream world, people say it is from the rise in DHT that is causing it not prolactin, which is absolutely wrong IMO.

P5P could probably work fine too, regular B6 seemed to work well and it is cheap.

Yeah, it did, I didn't like it as it reduced sebum all over the body including the scalp and it also messed with my sleep, actually anything that blocks PGD2 always messed with my sleep.

Mm did your sebum come back? My face is still dry and reddish. I've been off for a good week now. I was taking 900mg/day. Didn't reduce shedding at all. But seemed to thicken hair.

You could be right on the prolactin front. I remember applying high dose RU (100mg:1ml) to the hairline and masturbation would still affect the hairline. The RU was a complete fail up front. Stopping fapping all together has been the only thing that works for my hairline. To the point of even re growing slightly. But we all know how difficult that is.

Then again, when I took fin it definitely worked. It literally filled in my hairline within a fortnight. As far as I know, that doesn't reduced prolactin. Hmm

Last edited:

Thoushant

Is oral Melatonin beneficial though?

A lot claim it increases their shedding I think...

Topical melatonin for treatment of androgenetic alopecia. - PubMed - NCBI

another article used 0.033 pct topical. But yeah, I'm never touching oral melatonin!

My shedding so far has greatly reduced using SEBORIN (Hair water, so no wash) for two weeks.and I've noticed decreased sebrum and no bad smell anymore.
ingredients;
Pirocotone olamine, have been shown to be as effective as Nizoral
hydrogenated castor oil
B6
Lemonene(appearently 5-AR inhibitor, but it's topical, and I'm man enough to handle it :beaver:)

Home There's also this shampoo, ingredient wise it's very good. But I have yet to find a place to buy from.

Warrior_

I posted this is my other thread but thought I would share it here too.

I have experimented with many compounds for MPB and some have worked and some didn't. Here is the list.

• Minoxidil (regrowth and crown thickening used for 2 years but quit due to sides)
  • Propecia (stopped shedding and got regrowth but had insanely bad sides)
  • RU58841 (stop speed at 3%-5% and thickening, quit due to sides)
  • CB 03 01 (stop shedding at 3%)
  • OC000459 (stop shedding at 1%)
  • Setipiprant (stop shedding at 5%)
  • PGE2 (slight regrowth, but hard to find proper vehicle)
  • Selenium sulfide shampoo (completely stopped shedding when used daily)
  • Topical and oral taurine (slightly reduced itch and shedding)
  • Stemoxydine (minor increase in thickness)
  • Bimatroprost (PGF2a) (regrowth and thickening and darkening of hair)
  • Cloprostenol (same as bim but way stronger)
  • Oral and topical castor oil 1-3 ml a day (increased hair and thickness of hair significantly)

I'm very sensitive to anything hormonal so I don't touch 5ARi and anti androgenic substances anymore as they cause bad side effects but actually provide great results in terms of hair though.

I did hear peat mention topical DHEA which I haven't tried yet. Has anyone tried it?

My current regimen is selenium sulfide shampoo every day with stemoxydine and topical taurine before bed. Also wound up once a week at 1.5mm with the derminator. This regimen has stopped my shedding, provided thickening and completely killed my scalp itch yet it does not affect hormones.

I'm a diffuse thinner so my hairline is still pretty good. I have lost some density on top but nothing to crazy.

Doesn´t have selenium sulfide shampoo some side effects?

Scenes

I've been asking about the ratios to make my own caffeine, asprin, b3 solution. I know what to do now but a few weeks ago I dumped a load of msm, taurine, b3 and caffeine into a 500ml bottle of water then about the same into a small tub of coconut oil, I reckon about 4-5 t spoons of each. Been soaking my head twice with the water then cocnut oil before bed. Had a shiny bald spot on my crown and I've not got what feels like fuzz lol, little hairs are coming through. Pretty amazing after 3 weeks.

Current supps I take msm 10g, taurine 10g, d3, mk4, magnesium (just add small amount of b3)
Been taking t3 for last few months before I found rp, so glad it's on the ok list. Adding glycine in a couple of weeks too.

Would like to add this is only the second time I've ever seen regrowth, first time I got it was accidental, been using a peptide called tb500 at 4mg a week. It's expensive here in the uk but I got some Chinese stuff to try and got the same benifits in regards to taking away the ache in my shoulders and healing so it's legit. Been stashing away allot of it and will be running 20mg a week soon, thinking of scalp injecting some it too ( some have done this on other forums) by the way the reason I picked up chinese tb500 was because of a cousins husband works for a peptide company here in the uk (won't name) and advised it's all sourced from China no matter what's these company's said, he explained in more detail like.

Sorry for the huge novel lol, Would anyone be interested in a log when I get the tb500?

How are you getting all this dissolve? I've tried just taurine in water and even though it dissolves initially, it crystallises overnight so I need to remake it every day...you're using heaps more than me though!

Kibs

Honestly don't know lol, it's just warmish water. Msm, taurine, b3 (removed caffeine now) I have actualy upped to 10g per 100ml, so 50g of each into the bottle, I give it a swirl every now and again until mixed but it's no problem. Crystal clear no residue? Could it be the climate or room temperature where you are?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone ever thought of using Topical Apigenin and Naringenin for hair loss.

Apigenin a chemical found in guavas and mushrooms it stiumlates hair growth through the downregulateion of TGFB1, it's also an aromatose inhibitor also a powerful anti-inflamatory.

Naringenin found in sweet non-sour orange juice and marmalade. Been shown to help prevent hepatic fibrosis. Reduces a bunch of inflamatory factors involved in baldness. Also decreases Nitric oxide and prostaglandin synthesis.

Danny Roddy has a pretty good video where he talks about how they may be helpful. Starts talking about them at 5:40.
Reversing Fibrosis in Male Pattern Baldness

Also Haidut has the product melanon which contains both ingredients as well as caffeine. I was going to start applying it to my scalp once a week but never got round to it because the DSMO can cause a bit of irritation. I might give it another go though.

Anyone have any thoughts on these substances for topical use on the scalp?

xetawaves

Mm did your sebum come back? My face is still dry and reddish. I've been off for a good week now. I was taking 900mg/day. Didn't reduce shedding at all. But seemed to thicken hair.

You could be right on the prolactin front. I remember applying high dose RU (100mg:1ml) to the hairline and masturbation would still affect the hairline. The RU was a complete fail up front. Stopping fapping all together has been the only thing that works for my hairline. To the point of even re growing slightly. But we all know how difficult that is.

Then again, when I took fin it definitely worked. It literally filled in my hairline within a fortnight. As far as I know, that doesn't reduced prolactin. Hmm

With nofap, how long was it before you saw regrowth? I'm trying it now and it has reduced my shed a lot. My hair loss is mainly my hairline with some thinning up top.
Also, are you still on fin? Crazy that it worked that well for you. Did you have any sides?

LukeL

Hi, so I just finished my 1 week trial of topical B6 and zinc suflate and I must say I'm pretty impressed. The theory is that both of them applied together can inhibit 5AR and that is why they work, but I don't buy that. So I looked into it more and right in front of my face, which I should have known off the top of my head is that both B6 and zinc lower prolactin significantly hence raising dopamine (which we already know pro dopamine substances are good for hair and hair color). So I think both of these substances work by lowering prolactin on the scalp. Also, I even started the topical B6 a few days prior to the zinc and I noticed a reduction in sebum and my hair seemed darker/healthier so again there is no 5AR reduction there when they are used individually (quite the opposite as both can INCREASE 5AR).

During this trial, I was using nothing else for hair purposes (I'm even on thyroid hormone, which sometimes can increase my shedding, but I didn't notice anything). I would suggest playing around with the dose to see what fits you right but I'm doing the following:

• Vitamin B6 100mg tablet and zinc sulfate capsule (220mg) dumped into around 8-10ML of warm water. Stir up with spoon and dissolve it. Then apply to scalp with dropper about an hour before bed and rinse out in morning. I sometimes don't even use the the full 8ML when my hair is short, so I don't think you need that strong of a concentration. That is it- very simple. Feel free to add it to your existing solutions if you want, I personally did it alone b/c I wanted to see if it actually works and it does surprisingly.

Also another member on here said he regrew hair with bromo (dopamine agonist) which would be in line with the B6/zinc prolactin theory.

What Have Been Proven Work For Hair Regrowth By Member Here?
What B6 and zinc sulfate brands did you use?

Scenes

Honestly don't know lol, it's just warmish water. Msm, taurine, b3 (removed caffeine now) I have actualy upped to 10g per 100ml, so 50g of each into the bottle, I give it a swirl every now and again until mixed but it's no problem. Crystal clear no residue? Could it be the climate or room temperature where you are?

Why did you remove the caffeine? Seems to keep coming up in studies as one of the best agents for regrowth or thickening but haven't seen anyone actually mention it that positively.

Kibs

@Scenes = Starting have an issue sleeping at night and removed it to see if it was the cause and it was (unless it was mental thing) , wasent like being over stimmed but was like my eyes kept pinging open.

In a few weeks I should receive my tb500, I'm going to be taking a high dose of this injected into the scalp. Will be starting massaging and derma roller too so if you guys are interested in a log with before pics and probably once a month update pics.

Routine will be (I think)
Everyday = massage 20 or more mins + MSM/ Taurine/B3 (in water)
Ever week = tb500 10mg (grid pattern on scalp)
Every month = derma roller 2mm (entire scalp)

Anyone have any ideas of things to add to topical that will help and work in water ( not asprin or caffeine)

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I have been looking more into the dopamine and prolactin theory. Has any tried topical tocovit on hair since it can strongly reduce prolactin?

Also, I may try topcial Defribon since that is the main reason taurine seems to help (anti fibrosis)

Kibs

I have been looking more into the dopamine and prolactin theory. Has any tried topical tocovit on hair since it can strongly reduce prolactin?

Also, I may try topcial Defribon since that is the main reason taurine seems to help (anti fibrosis)

Defribon? I'm not finding this on google

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Or a combo of topical vitamin e and retinol could even be more effective for dopamine and prolactin.

Vitamin A is dopaminergic and reduces prolactin in humans

I can confirm for a fact that dopamine agonist/prolactin antagonist defitnely thickens my hair and really darkens it too more than taurine, it is weird lol but in a good way.

LukeL

Or a combo of topical vitamin e and retinol could even be more effective for dopamine and prolactin.

Vitamin A is dopaminergic and reduces prolactin in humans

I can confirm for a fact that dopamine agonist/prolactin antagonist defitnely thickens my hair and really darkens it too more than taurine, it is weird lol but in a good way.

Nice! Are you specifically talking about the B6/zinc sulfate combo? Does it have any effect on minimizing shedding?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Nice! Are you specifically talking about the B6/zinc sulfate combo? Does it have any effect on minimizing shedding?

Yes and yes. I think it is definitely effective enough to look into the dopamine and prolactin stuff more (or stronger substances)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals