Mouth Taping at Night = More Nocturia

B2G

Anyone know why this would be? I've heard so many positive outcomes with mouth taping. Is it too stressful for my system?

ReSTART

Making your sleep apnea worse
As the OSA patients' airway obstructed during sleeping, the intrathoracic pressure is reduced, the increase in blood flow to the right atrium would stimulate the release of ANP through the right atrium, and promote urine production, resulting in nocturia.

BearrrSoup

Heard of a lip trainer? Use an old debit, credit card and train the muscles in your mouth hole. They'll stay locked shut all of the time.

Quelsatron

mouth breathing can be dehydrating so your body would have less fluids to urinate out

Old Irenaeus

Anyone know why this would be? I've heard so many positive outcomes with mouth taping. Is it too stressful for my system?
I take a little baking soda right before sleeping and it seems to help prevent this.

Lecarpetron

Do you have nasal breathing restrictions? Valve collapse/obstruction, deviated septum, etc. Increased breathing effort raises nocturia, ENT Steven Park has talked about it on podcasts.

Ben.

mouth taping was wierd for me.

The first night i lterally woke up stressed and with crazy heart beat because my body was longing for air it was not getting.

The second night it led to the best night sleep i've ever had in my life. Never felt so refreshed and well after waking up.
Every night after that didn't yield much results other than my lips getting dry realy bad. The dry lips got so uncomfortable i had to stop.

I like the idea of training your body not to breath trough the mouth automaticly and other means may should be employed, but in regards to sleep i feel like for some people forcing your mouth closed during the 6-9 hours of lying on the back/stomache or the sides can cause issues depending on the persons muscle/fascia integrity and their bone/jaw situation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals