Mouth Feels Dry And Burnt

LUH 3417

it's a strange feeling. My mouth feels dry but its different from thirst. Drinking fluid does not help. It's like I have the sensation of internal heat and dryness and my mouth feels like a forest after a fire. Has anyone ever experienced this?

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Additionally my tongue and the roof of my mouth feel like I've eaten something too hot and burned myself. But I didn't.

DHT

maybe due pufa burning did you have caloric restriction or low pufa, because i know that when you burn pufa the body makes the pufa hydrophile through the liver then you have a thirsty feeling but it dont help.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

maybe due pufa burning did you have caloric restriction or low pufa, because i know that when you burn pufa the body makes the pufa hydrophile through the liver then you have a thirsty feeling but it dont help.
Yea I haven't had any appetite lately and have been eating very little and losing weight quickly

Diokine

How's your gut? Any discomfort in the stomach or bloating? Does your jaw or neck hurt? I'd suspect a chronic low grade gut irritation, excessive serotonin and nervous derangement. This can possibly lead to an acute zinc deficiency. If you have any zinc supplements (I like gluconate or picolinate,) try nibbling a tiny piece, see if you notice any metallic taste. It may be difficult with all the binders in the pills, some zinc-containing lozenges may work as well. If you can taste metal you may be low on zinc. 10-15mg once or twice a week is appropriate, though it can be tricky since absorption is related to the state of the gut and you may not be absorbing minerals correctly.

You'll ultimately want to heal gut irritation and restore proper parasympathetic nervous tone. There will also be some disruption of dopamine and acetylcholine metabolism. This can contribute to a painful neck (especially the left side,) jaw pain, etc. Proper posture can be great therapy here, learn to hold your head on your neck correctly. This can help to relieve pressure on the brainstem structures and pituitary, which become compressed and irritated under chronic stress. A competent chiropractor may be able to help.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

How's your gut? Any discomfort in the stomach or bloating? Does your jaw or neck hurt? I'd suspect a chronic low grade gut irritation, excessive serotonin and nervous derangement. This can possibly lead to an acute zinc deficiency. If you have any zinc supplements (I like gluconate or picolinate,) try nibbling a tiny piece, see if you notice any metallic taste. It may be difficult with all the binders in the pills, some zinc-containing lozenges may work as well. If you can taste metal you may be low on zinc. 10-15mg once or twice a week is appropriate, though it can be tricky since absorption is related to the state of the gut and you may not be absorbing minerals correctly.

You'll ultimately want to heal gut irritation and restore proper parasympathetic nervous tone. There will also be some disruption of dopamine and acetylcholine metabolism. This can contribute to a painful neck (especially the left side,) jaw pain, etc. Proper posture can be great therapy here, learn to hold your head on your neck correctly. This can help to relieve pressure on the brainstem structures and pituitary, which become compressed and irritated under chronic stress. A competent chiropractor may be able to help.
My neck is killing me and yes I am nervous and deranged.

DHT

i think due fat burning particularly pufas her appetite is suspressed also she needs to defend herself from harmfull metabolites of the pufas he needs like you said zinc and i think also some magnesium and vitaminc c to compensate the dmg.
Metal taste is maybe a sign of toxins you need to load your body with nutritions espiacially zinc, magnesium, selenium and sulfur rich proteins

meatbag

it's a strange feeling. My mouth feels dry but its different from thirst. Drinking fluid does not help. It's like I have the sensation of internal heat and dryness and my mouth feels like a forest after a fire. Has anyone ever experienced this?

I think Ray said not to use charcoal for too many days in a row as it inhibits food absorption and breaksdown certain things in the intestines and stomach. I've never used it though and not sure how long you've been taking it. Also I think I read if the particle size is too small it can have harmful effects, but idk what kind your taking.

Last edited:
OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Whenever I've had this feeling it's always the day or two before I get strep throat or the flu, that's the only time I can remember having it so I'll throw it out there. And I do remember it coinciding with feelings of muscle weakness, general fatigue and no hunger. How's your temp, pulses, and heart beat feel?

I think Ray said not to use charcoal for too many days in a row as it inhibits food absorption and breaksdown certain things in the intestines and stomach. I've never used it though and not sure how long you've been taking it. Also I think I read if the particle size is too small it can have harmful effects, but idk what kind your taking.
I had to get the flu vaccine for school a few days ago but the mouth sensation has been going on for a while now. I don't get sick easily but I get the feeling like I am going to be sick quite often (body pain, general malaise) it's like my body is constantly fighting some sort of low grade infection. If I don't eat I have way more energy. So now I'm all confused and hyper vigilant about eating and don't even know when I am hungry or not anymore.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Whenever I've had this feeling it's always the day or two before I get strep throat or the flu, that's the only time I can remember having it so I'll throw it out there. And I do remember it coinciding with feelings of muscle weakness, general fatigue and no hunger. How's your temp, pulses, and heart beat feel?

I am taking this forabout 2 weeks (also because of all the nasty stuff in the mandatory flu vaccine)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000..._SY340_QL65&keywords=activated+charcoal&psc=1

DHT

there we go if you take carcoal it also binds minerals like magnesium zinc and other things which are also metals. you need to take the carcoal either in the morning or evening. If you took for eg. the carcoal in morning you also need to take the minerals in evening. Or you make 5 on 2 days off. which means you take 5 days in a row carcoal and the following two days you stop it and start to take minerals vitamins

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

there we go if you take carcoal it also binds minerals like magnesium zinc and other things which are also metals. you need to take the carcoal either in the morning or evening. If you took for eg. the carcoal in morning you also need to take the minerals in evening. Or you make 5 on 2 days off. which means you take 5 days in a row carcoal and the following two days you stop it and start to take minerals vitamins
Thanks DHT makes sense. I also in Scandinavia and making use of the saunas so that could mean I'm low on lots of electrolytes. I have been supplementing with magnesium but perhaps I'll up the dose

meatbag

I don't see the grain particle size listed on the amazon page. I saw this comment on @Dan Wich 's activated charcoal Toxinless page;

"I doubt that the fine powder is safe, because of the risk of persorption into the blood stream; a coarse granulated form is probably safe. Purple carrots are increasingly available in stores, and are more antiinflammatory than other carrots." Ray"

I think this is the kind of size your going for if you look at the picture on healthnatura's sitePharmaceutical grade activated charcoal
I guess since yours seem to be in capsules you try opening them onto a sheet of paper and see if they're roughly like the photo or if it's a very fine powder.

----
Here's a quote from one of Peat's articles, Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation , about using A.C.;

"Besides avoiding foods containing fermentable fibers and starches that resist quick digestion, eating fibrous foods that contain antibacterial chemicals, such as bamboo shoots or raw carrots, helps to reduce endotoxin and serotonin. Activated charcoal can absorb many toxins, including bacterial endotoxin, so it is likely to reduce serotonin absorption from the intestine. Since it can also bind or destroy vitamins, it should be used only intermittently. Frolkis, et al. (1989, 1984) found that it extended median and average lifespan of rats, beginning in old age (28 months) by 43% and 34%, respectively, when given in large quantities (equivalent to about a cup per day for humans) for ten days of each month."

In another article, "Food-junk", he says;
"Charcoal, besides binding and removing toxins, is also a powerful catalyst for the oxidative destruction of many toxic chemicals. In a sense, it anticipates the action of the protective enzymes of the intestinal wall and the liver."

So I guess Peat thinks that a roughly two weeks is a normal period of time to use it, so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Could be though, I'm in no way a charcoal expert :artist:

Last edited:
OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Wow they make you get the flu vaccine? I think I read that one is especially crappy for some reason but haven't researched them much besides the adjuncts that all of them use. I had a pretty bad reaction to the last round of MMR ones I had to get year ago. I've been pretty interested in Mudpacking for helping with the vaccines, I think @walker_in_aus was trying it and getting interesting results.

----
I don't see the grain particle size listed on the amazon page. I saw this comment on @Dan Wich 's activated charcoal Toxinless page;

"I doubt that the fine powder is safe, because of the risk of persorption into the blood stream; a coarse granulated form is probably safe. Purple carrots are increasingly available in stores, and are more antiinflammatory than other carrots." Ray"

I think this is the kind of size your going for if you look at the picture on healthnatura's sitePharmaceutical grade activated charcoal
I guess since yours seem to be in capsules you try opening them onto a sheet of paper and see if they're roughly like the photo or if it's a very fine powder.

----
Here's a quote from one of Peat's articles, Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation , about using A.C.;

"Besides avoiding foods containing fermentable fibers and starches that resist quick digestion, eating fibrous foods that contain antibacterial chemicals, such as bamboo shoots or raw carrots, helps to reduce endotoxin and serotonin. Activated charcoal can absorb many toxins, including bacterial endotoxin, so it is likely to reduce serotonin absorption from the intestine. Since it can also bind or destroy vitamins, it should be used only intermittently. Frolkis, et al. (1989, 1984) found that it extended median and average lifespan of rats, beginning in old age (28 months) by 43% and 34%, respectively, when given in large quantities (equivalent to about a cup per day for humans) for ten days of each month."

In another article, "Food-junk", he says;
"Charcoal, besides binding and removing toxins, is also a powerful catalyst for the oxidative destruction of many toxic chemicals. In a sense, it anticipates the action of the protective enzymes of the intestinal wall and the liver."

So I guess Peat thinks that a roughly two weeks is a normal period of time to use it, so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Could be though, I'm in no way a charcoal expert :artist:
Thank you that's really helpful. The capsules have the fine powder. Maybe I'll take a break and try the health natura brand

Fractality

I get that sensation from certain stimulants that have a serotonergic component. It typically leads to or coincides with cold sores. It's probably a cortisol/serotonin modulated mechanism.

iPeat

Very late to this, but did you ever find relief? I'm going through a similar experience. The forest-after-a-fire analogy is perfect. Acidic drinks seem to make it worse. Lemonade makes my tongue burn for an hour.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Very late to this, but did you ever find relief? I'm going through a similar experience. The forest-after-a-fire analogy is perfect. Acidic drinks seem to make it worse. Lemonade makes my tongue burn for an hour.
Hi, I’m not sure what helped. I take b complex and magnesium so maybe that helped sort things out. I also eat oysters so if it was zinc related that may have resolved it. At the time I was taking activated charcoal and going to saunas and think I was nutritionally depleted while also being overloaded with endotoxins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals