Mountain Dew

DevilDog

I don’t drink coffee and never took to the taste. I enjoy cold drinks over warm, and maybe also why I don’t like coffee. I am drinking milk and OJ, but still crave the Dew. Baja Blast Mountain Dew is my favorite. I could down 10 cans of Dew a day. Is Pepsi or no soda the only alternative? I’m not overweight and have never been overweight, I’m 51, post menopause and have a ton of hair on my head and it grows super fast. I only mention my hair because I think MD has ingredients that RP says may/does cause hair loss... Perhaps it hasn’t caught up with me yet...knock on wood.

My husband is actually losing his hair so I’ve been reading hair like a fox to try to help him, and now this forum. He’s also overweight, has pre-diabetes, high blood pressure and psoriasis. He does not drink Dew and barely any soda. Pretty sure his issues are related to PUFA now after paying attention to what he uses to cook. He’s been the main cook in our house and I realize now that after I stopped eating eggs sometime ago that it’s the oil he was cooking them in that literally made me ill every single time I ate them. I’ve been eating eggs for the last month and have no issue with the nausea if I use real butter or just boil. I had no idea it was the PUFA making me feel severely ill until I came across Ray Peat’s work. Just wanted to thank RP and everyone on the forum. I’m hoping we can make some changes and improve my husband’s health and mine.

Thanks,
-Chewbacca (for now)

Zpol

It looks like you found the culprit with eating eggs, if you have further problems it could be the soy (even some pastured hens are fed soy).
I have psoriasis, it is now 100% gone after eliminating gluten, all grains in fact, and all dairy (casein is the problem not the lactose).
Don't know about Mt. Dew though.